follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
scottman

Old 04-19-2016, 12:52 PM   #547
Rakshaa
Milton 86 Club

Drives: Lexus IS350, GT86, Mini Cooper, CBR
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I won't be able to attend weekly, but I'm interested in some local meets in Milton
Rakshaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #548
SLVRSRFR

Drives: 2013 BRZ 6MT, 2007 WRX Wagon 5MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Depending when the meets are, I'd reach Milton. I don't live there, but I work in Mississauga so could always hop on the 401 if the meet is after my shift and head over.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:23 PM   #549
WhiteBRZ4

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Well I'm still unsure if it'd be weekly or whatnot, just trying to find if theres a group of 86's that'd be down to have meets weekly, bi-weekly, monthly etc.
WhiteBRZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteBRZ4 For This Useful Post:
Rakshaa (04-20-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #550
RacingCanuk

Drives: 2018 Golf Sportwagen 4Motion Manual
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'd be up for meeting a few more '86 drivers in the Milton area (I'm in Halton Hills)...
RacingCanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #551
aa_chow

Drives: 2015 FR-S, 2020 Mazda 3 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButeraFRS View Post
I will be doing another muskoka cruise this year in the summer once the roads become optimal. I heard they redid southwood so that should be fun. so I'm aiming for about julyish if you guys are down. well see how life unfolds from now until then though because I'll be finishing school and hopefully picking up a full time job so I'll keep you guys posted well in advance.

for those who didn't join us last year on my muskoka cruise, it was a blast.

This year I'm hoping to get more people and maybe we can all stop for lunch this time and make a good day out of it.

I'm also taking my frs out east this summer all the way to Cape Breton Nova Scotia and then back again through a ferry to PEI and then home via the confederation bridge. along with visiting old Quebec city and new Brunswick on the way. and as much as I would have loved to do it with a couple of gt86s, this is more of a vacation with the girlfriend. sorry

oh and for those who don't know Cape Breton

.... yeah that's gonna be a dream to drive on.
Keep me updated on the Muskoka drive. I definitely want to join, though I am not sure if I can actually join.
aa_chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #552
ButeraFRS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_chow View Post
Keep me updated on the Muskoka drive. I definitely want to join, though I am not sure if I can actually join.
Yeah dude, I'm aiming for maybe mid to late july as of now and I'm looking on a friday or sunday.

That's when it should be expected.

This time we'll stop for lunch and stuff and make a day out of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
icybrzzz (04-21-2016), OrangeGuitar (04-21-2016)
Old 04-22-2016, 12:22 AM   #553
brzzy
@anthonysestito

Drives: 2013 Sterling Silver Metallic BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anything happening this Friday night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IG: @ANTHONYSESTITO
brzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #554
ButeraFRS

Quote:
Scratch what I said before, if muskoka turns more green by may I'd be okay to go then.

Anyone from muskoka who can keep me updated whether it's not as yellow down there?

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #555
ButeraFRS

Alright guys so I'm gonna set a tentative date as of now, weather permitting, for Sunday May 15, 2016. I'm hoping to get 5 or more people this time anything less and we might have to reschedule.

Meet at the RBC Parking lot on Weston and Rutherford at 8am SHARP. Most i'll wait for people is 10 minutes before taking off with the group we have. Make sure you come on a full tank of gas this way we're all on the same page and we'll all fill up at the same station in muskoka (If need be). Have a good breakfast because we will be eating after around 3 hours of driving. For anyone who is north of where we are meeting, we can meet you off the 400 if you really want to come with us.

This is the route for those who have lowered cars there are two frost heaves on Southwood road that you might want to keep a look out for.

As for speed, I'll most likely be following all the road rules, anyone that wants to speed can go ahead but be sure that you know the route because if you veer off I'm not going to stop and try and find you. I'm gonna try to load the route on waze so I can keep an eye on reported speed traps or anything. Last time we had @DjDATZ lead the way with the radar detector.

Just be sure not to tail gait anyone, last time we went I slammed the brakes because of roadkill on the road but my car was able to clear it. Not only that but being in Muskoka, the chances of Moose and deer crossings are high (but we won't be driving at night so it'll be less risky) so just keep some distance from the person in front of you.

Piss breaks along the way in the woods, I drink a lot of water so I usually go often but I'll try and hold off on the day of.

We'll be having lunch at Ella's Place and hopefully if the weather is nice by then we can eat on the water front patio. They've got good burgers and craft beer which I'll most likely be ordering.

All in all, it should be a fantastic day of driving, just drive responsibly and remember the roads are public. Anyone who is interested in coming just post here so I can gauge how many people are going to come and then we'll finalize the date. The expected time for the trip should be around 6 hours in total, 7 as a worst case scenario.

Last edited by ButeraFRS; 04-25-2016 at 04:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
icybrzzz (04-26-2016)
Old 04-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #556
aa_chow

Drives: 2015 FR-S, 2020 Mazda 3 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Alright guys so I'm gonna set a tentative date as of now, weather permitting, for Sunday May 8, 2016. I'm hoping to get 5 or more people this time anything less and we might have to reschedule.

Meet at the RBC Parking lot on Weston and Rutherford at 8am SHARP. Most i'll wait for people is 10 minutes before taking off with the group we have. Make sure you come on a full tank of gas this way we're all on the same page and we'll all fill up at the same station in muskoka (If need be). Have a good breakfast because we will be eating after around 3 hours of driving. For anyone who is north of where we are meeting, we can meet you off the 400 if you really want to come with us.

This is the route for those who have lowered cars there are two frost heaves on Southwood road that you might want to keep a look out for.

As for speed, I'll most likely be following all the road rules, anyone that wants to speed can go ahead but be sure that you know the route because if you veer off I'm not going to stop and try and find you. I'm gonna try to load the route on waze so I can keep an eye on reported speed traps or anything. Last time we had @DjDATZ lead the way with the radar detector.

Just be sure not to tail gait anyone, last time we went I slammed the brakes because of roadkill on the road but my car was able to clear it. Not only that but being in Muskoka, the chances of Moose and deer crossings are high (but we won't be driving at night so it'll be less risky) so just keep some distance from the person in front of you.

Piss breaks along the way in the woods, I drink a lot of water so I usually go often but I'll try and hold off on the day of.

We'll be having lunch at Ella's Place and hopefully if the weather is nice by then we can eat on the water front patio. They've got good burgers and craft beer which I'll most likely be ordering.

All in all, it should be a fantastic day of driving, just drive responsibly and remember the roads are public. Anyone who is interested in coming just post here so I can gauge how many people are going to come and then we'll finalize the date. The expected time for the trip should be around 6 hours in total, 7 as a worst case scenario.
Arrgh, mother's day...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
aa_chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:29 PM   #557
ButeraFRS

Quote:
Arrgh, mother's day...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Good catch let's try for the week after. May 15

Old 04-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #558
icybrzzz

Drives: 2015 Scion frz
Put me down +1
icybrzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:31 PM   #559
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Good catch let's try for the week after. May 15

That's Round 1 of CSCS in case that matters.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
RedFR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:41 PM   #560
ButeraFRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFR-s View Post
That's Round 1 of CSCS in case that matters.
Ahh we'll see if that impedes anything if not I'm gonna keep it as that date because I just wanna get out there already.

So far we have 3 including me, anyone else interested?