follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #155
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Well, it pays to contact companies. After a few e-mails back & forth with PUMA I found out the colors for my speed cats are correct, which is what the paperwork said, so I believe them. BUT, they gave me a code for 50% off my next custom Pumas! I think I will go with the Baskets. Less then $50 for custom shoes? Yes please!
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shagaliscious For This Useful Post:
M-17 (05-09-2013), QuikSilveRX-8 (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #156
sklimo
Banned

Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Name:  Shoe.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  197.6 KB
sklimo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sklimo For This Useful Post:
6-Shift (05-10-2013), RRnold (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #157
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I want these 'Nike Dynasty Hi'. Too bad they're discontinued. I found a pair white/blues on ebay but i want all whites.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 AM   #158
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Anybody get grapes?
All of the stores here didn't allow camping and only went with the 10 raffle tickets 2 days prior to the release.

See, I knew deep down inside, you like Kobe!
Now you know I'm a Laker Hater for life. But I'll give props to a player who deserves it.

As for Kobe's shoes. I like these cause there the best low cut basketball shoe still and since I play soccer as well, then this is just a no brainer for me.

And once again I got screwed (fuckn hate this new system Nike and these other stores are doing), but I'm waiting on a friend to come through and just sell me his Grapes cause he didn't get his size.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #159
QuikSilveRX-8

Drives: SE3P
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki_levin View Post
I want these 'Nike Dynasty Hi'. Too bad they're discontinued. I found a pair white/blues on ebay but i want all whites.

There is always a way to make it all white. Along with sneakers, I also have a collection of Sneaker Freaker magazine and there is an article about SEKURE D's Guide to Customizing Sneakers and a way to remove the color on the leather is with a paint thinner, acetone. Search in their site for that DIY if you're up for the challenge and couldn't find the color-way you want.
Attached Images

Three moving engine parts, yet complicated... Or do I mean complex?
QuikSilveRX-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #160
Shagaliscious
Banned

Garage
Well, I think I am going to order this shoe. I'm gonna give it a day and see if I feel the same way about them tomorrow.
http://factory.puma.com/gallery/item/12743
Old 05-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #161
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilveRX-8 View Post
I slept on them, but my brother got lucky with a 9.5 through eastbay.com, which is the sister company of foot locker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris View Post
I got the Grapes, I had to, since they were the first colorway of Jordans I ever got back in 1991! They were hand me downs from my aunt, that's why I got them a year late.

I was able to get mine through twitter RSVP at the Portland Nike Town, I'm happy that's fixed now! I wasn't thinking it was going to work but it did!

Those Kobes are awesome! I'm not a huge fan of the color, but the style is awesome. I really don't like Kobe, but I have a few of the VIs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Now you know I'm a Laker Hater for life. But I'll give props to a player who deserves it.

As for Kobe's shoes. I like these cause there the best low cut basketball shoe still and since I play soccer as well, then this is just a no brainer for me.

And once again I got screwed (fuckn hate this new system Nike and these other stores are doing), but I'm waiting on a friend to come through and just sell me his Grapes cause he didn't get his size.

After seeing the Fire Reds in person, I knew the grapes would end up the same way. I wasn't that excited as I used to be for Jordan retros even though this was a sort after colorway.

What sucks even more are you young cats who want to get a pair or J's are lead to believe that a heavy, stiff and not comfortable shoe is what Jordans are about. I wouldn't even call the retros from 2003 till now C grade J's. They totally skimped out on the material yet kept the price the same since it looks exactly like it originals. My metallic V's have creases like bent cardboard, and creak like a mofo. It's sad!!

Even though I was in 6th grade when the OG V's came out, I barely wore mine b/c those who ended up wearing them to school will either get jumped for them after school or get stolen during PE.

Those who didn't want to walk home barefooted and bruised, never got to wear them which started the dead stock collecting.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #162
QuikSilveRX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
What sucks even more are you young cats who want to get a pair or J's are lead to believe that a heavy, stiff and not comfortable shoe is what Jordans are about. I wouldn't even call the retros from 2003 till now C grade J's. They totally skimped out on the material yet kept the price the same since it looks exactly like it originals. My metallic V's have creases like bent cardboard, and creak like a mofo. It's sad!!
@RRnold, true... PERRIN_Chris and I predates your point. We had a brief conversation about how the quality of the JORDANs released within this decade. Talk about Vs, I've had these Blackouts(below) and I could still wear it since released in 2000. Unfortunately, the Fire Reds' midsoles start to crack/crumble.

Quote:
Thank you @M-17 and @PERRIN_Chris, most were acquired in eBay. I know there are a lot of fakes sold there but I was careful about my purchases. I did, however, got may be four that were fakes. I remember getting SB Homer DUNKs and Shanghai DUNKs, AJ III Cements, and an AJ V Fire Reds; immediately I knew they were fakes once I opened the box. I don't know if you've experience it but once you get a whiff of that Chinatown shoe's glue, you'd know...

Those Adicolor HUF, I was lucky enough to get in my size from HUF before they closed both stores in SF. I came across the AJ V Whiteouts while I was looking for the AJ IV Oreos and AJ IV Bling Blings in eBay; now those two are really hard to find. NIKE really needs to retro either or the two and I would be inclined to buy those specially if the pebbled leather were used than the ones they make AJs with now, the perforated leather stands out as well than the plastic mesh on the side.

Currently looking for a beater Dub Zero or Flight 89, any that has the AJ IV midsole as a donor. I wore out my AJ IV Oreos and the midsoles are starting to crumble. I've seen a few YouTube tutorials for swapping and I want to see if I could try a DIY.

The Spiz'ikes are something else, I only bought those because of the Cements and the BReds color way but I hate the damn shoes specially lacing them up. They're nice to look at but wearing them is another thing. Wouldn't you agree that they're the most uncomfortable shoes you've worn? The feel of it is like walking with wooden sandals, the leather material (not the suede) really sucks that if it folds the wrong way around the toe box, you are constantly fighting how you walk because that crease folds will pinch your toes!

Do you any of you remember the days when you buy NIKEs that the best NIKEs were made in Korea or Taiwan? Now, all you can see are Made in China. I've steered away from buying any newly released NIKE shoes (except the SB Dunks) for that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Chris View Post
Yeah the quality for sure has gone downhill significantly on the retros. Most people agree that around 07 or so is when this started. Pretty sad, the price went up, and the quality has gone down, but people are still buying them like crazy, so why would they want to make them with high quality leather?

I actually think the spizikes are super comfortable! I have the black/red pair that came out back in 2010 that I wear a lot! Maybe my feet are weird, because I think the Vs are comfortable, which most people don't.

I agree that the laceing is pretty annoying, I have to loosten the top two rows of laces just to get the shoes off.
Quote:
PERRIN_Chris , true. If there's a high demand for the Jordans despite the decrease in quality; "why change it if it's not broken?" Also, I wear the Black/Red Spiz'ikes more than the White/Cements, which I'll have to clean up and repaint the mid soles to sell in eBay.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #163
mach330

Drives: Ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I always liked Jordans but couldn't afford it back in the 90s. Now that I'm working, I'm making up for lost time. But I wear them and not collect except the jordan 23s (last numbered jordan). It's the only one I never worn.

How are you guys getting these shoes? Example the grapes were only online. I went online at 5am pst and couldn't get them. Same when the aj xi breeds came out last month. I just got lucky with the x12 in that dark blue. I just want to own a iv and a v and I'll be happy.

Tap'd via G-Note2...
Old 05-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #164
QuikSilveRX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
I always liked Jordans but couldn't afford it back in the 90s. Now that I'm working, I'm making up for lost time. But I wear them and not collect except the jordan 23s (last numbered jordan). It's the only one I never worn.

How are you guys getting these shoes? Example the grapes were only online. I went online at 5am pst and couldn't get them. Same when the aj xi breeds came out last month. I just got lucky with the x12 in that dark blue. I just want to own a iv and a v and I'll be happy.

Tap'd via G-Note2...
Oh man, you'd have to get online at 2:00 AM I think (for us here in CA). Because they have to open sales at the same time in the East Coast. I am not sure where to purchase JORDANs there in OC besides the stores at the mall; Sheik, Foot Locker, Finish Line, and NIKE Store . But for NIKE Quickstrike/Hyperstrike shoes, BLENDS in Costa Mesa and PROPER in LBC would be the store to look at. As a matter of fact, PROPER will carry JORDANS. I will ask my brother where he picked up his VIII Bugs Bunny's.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #165
PERRIN_Chris

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to PERRIN_Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach330 View Post

Tap'd via G-Note2...

It's so hard to get them, it's ridiculous. Unfortunately a ton of IVs came out within the last year, so you missed out on a lot of them, but there's still a few coming out within the next 6 months. There's going to be at least one V coming out this summer too. You basically just have to be online the second it's released, and follow the nike store on twitter. They post a link at 8 AM EST, and you have to be logged in on nike.com to get your best chances.

The grapes were released in stores, but a lot of stores are doing raffles or twitter RSVP, so they aren't normally out on the showroom floor.

But you have a chance to get some of the past releases, I think Footaction is re releasing some Jordans on the 25th.
PERRIN_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #166
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Yeah I hate how prices keep getting jacked up by JB. Quality can be found if you're not going to beat the **** out of them or just look to only get special editions. So yeah I feel you guys on how disappointing when the quality isn't on point. And if that's not enough, then there's a time when none us didn't get the shoe we wanted initially, then damn resellers get them and jack up the price even further. This is why I'm glad I got most of the shoes I wanted before it gets even more out of hand.

Oh and check out these dope customs.

The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
Shagaliscious (05-10-2013)
Old 05-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #167
Shagaliscious
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
Yeah I hate how prices keep getting jacked up by JB. Quality can be found if you're not going to beat the **** out of them or just look to only get special editions. So yeah I feel you guys on how disappointing when the quality isn't on point. And if that's not enough, then there's a time when none us didn't get the shoe we wanted initially, then damn resellers get them and jack up the price even further. This is why I'm glad I got most of the shoes I wanted before it gets even more out of hand.

Oh and check out these dope customs.

Love that color.

Speaking of color, I can't decide on the color of the shoe laces. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #168
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagaliscious View Post
Speaking of color, I can't decide on the color of the shoe laces.

I'd probably choose the black > yellow laces. Hmm, how about white laces?
And what's the blue lace near the top of the tongue, is that some type of shoe lace lock?