follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List
Sam Strano

Old 03-18-2016, 02:27 PM   #4117
jbailey8748

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Hopefully we get the ra

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
jbailey8748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #4118
AlanLGuy

Drives: Raven 6 speed Manual FRS
Garage
April Fasttrack recommends reclassifying the BRZ and non TRD FRS to DS....

The springs go on, the springs come off.... Le sigh

2000 Celica GT-S - "Frankenstein" CAI, Boosted2.0 Ported Header, TRD Exhaust, ES Motor Mount Inserts, ES Suspension Bushings, Southbend TZ clutch, Fidanza Flywheel.
AlanLGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #4119
SeanRTR
C-Street AutoX

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanLGuy View Post
April Fasttrack recommends reclassifying the BRZ and non TRD FRS to DS....

The springs go on, the springs come off.... Le sigh

They completely fucked this up.

Although seeing as the only two national events I'm doing all year are going to be Pro's..pretty sure I'm better off in CS until solo nationals. How the FRS and BRZ ended up two separate classes is beyond retarded.

06-08 NC Miatas are in different classes than the 09-15 NC Miatas now, and an entirely different class than ANY FRS or BRZ? Is the 09+ NC that much better?
***I'm told 500 RPM lower rev limiter on pre 2009 NC's.

http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1458320535

Last edited by SeanRTR; 03-18-2016 at 03:30 PM.
SeanRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:34 PM   #4120
TrqlessWonder

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRTR View Post
They completely fucked this up.

Although seeing as the only two national events I'm doing all year are going to be Pro's..pretty sure I'm better off in CS until solo nationals. How the FRS and BRZ ended up two separate classes is beyond retarded.
This (the overall set of proposed changes) is some of the predictions from the times of hoosier/street-tire teeth-gnashing debacle coming true. We kinda knew going in that more than a single car was going to be classed far enough off to suggest a change. Nice to see them trying to re-populate DS, though. Still feels like a patch-job.

Divorcing the two cars? Meh. Enough vocal complaining, things get changed. I mean, it took a while, but just look at all the love they're trying to give Porsche now. Squeaky wheels and grease.
#24 CS/CSR
TrqlessWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #4121
AlanLGuy

Drives: Raven 6 speed Manual FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
You have beaten me at the internet today. I'm impressed you guys carried the joke that long, this forum is pretty thickheaded most of the time, but then again this is the 'I actually compete' side, should give you guys more credit.

Nvm I lied. Writing letter to class 2017+ BRZ/FRS in CS because gearing change. Precedence set with 09+ NC Miata

2000 Celica GT-S - "Frankenstein" CAI, Boosted2.0 Ported Header, TRD Exhaust, ES Motor Mount Inserts, ES Suspension Bushings, Southbend TZ clutch, Fidanza Flywheel.
AlanLGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlanLGuy For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (03-18-2016)
Old 03-20-2016, 12:22 AM   #4122
Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigh View Post
The best solution was always banning the parts or giving them to everyone, unfortunately this was shot down by the SEB immediately, and the 86 street community didn't come together and push the idea down their throats... Probably due to the FRS drivers wanting their unfair advantage.
The accusatory tone is uncalled for dude. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I wish Subaru had an equivalent port installed option but no one in their right mind is going to ignore that the parts will aid them in competing with the other cars that race in the class. Why would any FR-S owner ask them to ban parts that help them compete with RX-8s, 350Zs, MR2s, and MX-5 Miatas? You are acting like C-Street is entirely about the FR-S vs. the BRZ but there's a lot of other makes and models that also run in C-Street. I feel bad for BRZ owners that want to run C-Street but you can't put an ounce of blame on any FR-S owner.

Instagram:
LocustAutoX
Sponsors:
DSGPerformance Drift Office Evil Apex Racing

Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:00 PM   #4123
simpleisbest
Senior Citizen

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
So with the proper prep and on-site equipment, an FR-S could change class reg as the last minute?? Unheard of for stock classes!!! LOL!!

Maybe I can try to dump 8 drivers in my car for the full contingency jackpot!!!

Insane!!

I've thought all along that the Twins belong in DS regardless of Port options.
Next year will be interesting!

Last edited by simpleisbest; 03-20-2016 at 12:19 PM.
simpleisbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:14 PM   #4124
klittl06

Drives: FRS?
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
All this drama and nonsense makes me want want to build an old mr2 or civic si. At least then everything would be stable and we could all be friends.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
klittl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:07 PM   #4125
SeanRTR
C-Street AutoX

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats to John Wolf for winning CS at the Dixie tour over the weekend. I know I met you at Solo nationals....are you the one with the Giant rear sway bar that I smashed beers with shortly after we ran at nats? Either way, nice win a big class.
John covered some big names/cars in ES quite well, but lost to DS by a tenth raw time....so at this particular event the BRZ's wouldn't have faired to well in DS. FS looks like it was blazing fast too.... Although comparing AS to SS indicates there must have been some rain?

Any info on the setup? What was working? Video?

http://sololive.scca.com/CS.html
Old 03-21-2016, 01:24 PM   #4126
Wheeljack

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Limited
Quote:
Congrats to John Wolf for winning CS at the Dixie tour over the weekend. I know I met you at Solo nationals....are you the one with the Giant rear sway bar that I smashed beers with shortly after we ran at nats? Either way, nice win a big class.
John covered some big names/cars in ES quite well, but lost to DS by a tenth raw time....so at this particular event the BRZ's wouldn't have faired to well in DS. FS looks like it was blazing fast too.... Although comparing AS to SS indicates there must have been some rain?

At least we'll be losing to another Subaru...
Wheeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #4127
renfield90
The Stig's German cousin

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigh View Post
The best solution was always banning the parts or giving them to everyone, unfortunately this was shot down by the SEB immediately, and the 86 street community didn't come together and push the idea down their throats... Probably due to the FRS drivers wanting their unfair advantage.
Dude, you're about a year late with the whining.

renfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #4128
DylanFRS
Lost in Kansas

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Raven)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
At least we'll be losing to another Subaru...
DylanFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DylanFRS For This Useful Post:
Wheeljack (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 02:23 PM   #4129
Jawnathin

Drives: Toyobaru FRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
There was rain on Saturday night and morning. No rain during the event, but the site was wet (some standing water) and no early morning sun/wind to help with evaporation when the runs began. CS was in RG2 and it was still damp for 1st and 2nd runs and mostly dried off by Run 3. You needed a solid/clean Run 3 to stay competitive for Day 2. It looked to me like the course got quicker as the day went on when it was completely dry and more rubber was laid down on the surface.

Both days had a pretty straight start/launch so I think that helped the AWD cars a bit. On both courses there were also two pretty tight chicanes into big acceleration zones which probably helped cars with torque. The rest of the course seemed Twin friendly though as it was heavy on transitions and speed maintenance. But yeah, DS was very quick this weekend.

Here is a video I found for the event...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVGnk_jPWzo"]2016 Dixie Championship Tour Both Days 2004 GT3 4th Place trophy in SS - YouTube[/ame]
Jawnathin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #4130
em99sport
Corvette convert

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:

Thanks, man. I didn't do any drinking on Friday at Nats this past year, so I think you have me mistaken for someone else. But if it was Tuesday night, there's no telling.

Dixie is always a blast, but this year was especially fun with the huge class and typical assortment of cars in CS. As a recent convert to the class, I'm excited to be part of such a well represented class. The courses were a lot of fun, but as the post above stated, there were some sections that were tough on cars lacking strong acceleration.

My setup:

MCS 2-way non-remotes
TRD springs and both bars
crash bolts
Nameless muffled delete
225 RE71s

My Motegi Traklites currently have the fresh tires, so I was on those for Dixie (forecast called for rain). Also have RPF1s that were on for Nats last year.

Car felt great on course. We have a couple sites in NC and VA that are similar enough in general size/surface that I was lucky enough to run on a few times prior to the Tour. I've been really pleased with the car since prepping it last summer, so haven't felt the need to mess with settings much.

e1_griego (03-23-2016)