follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #29
Marco_86

Drives: 14' Frs Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
out of curiosity, what ended up happening? If you don't mind answering of course.
Marco_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:06 AM   #30
Gost

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Just an update, the insurance company went to check the car, car won't start, insurance didn't like the answer so they requested Toyota break the engine down further. Toyota did that, found water in engine (hydro-locked). Basically engine is useless, draining it out wasn't going to do anything since things were starting to rust. By this time it was already 2-3 weeks since the incident.

Insurance company said they would keep my updated, which they never did. They were stalling and kept telling me that Toyota wouldn't give them an answer, which was a lie because I was in contact with the people I know from the dealership the entire time. Insurance company was stalling because they wanted the engine rebuilt, but the rebuild was going to cost more than the car was worth (25k-30k) so they were forcing Toyota to look for a used engine. Lucky for me, my car only had 8k miles on it, the youngest engine they were able to find had 12k miles. Insurance company wanted that engine but Toyota was telling them it was unfair to me because it has much more miles than what mine had and they said I would never agree to it.

In the end, Insurance company has totaled the car for 22k, which is more than I expected. Even after using the money to pay off my finance, I still have a good amount left to pay for the down payment on the new car, in which I have ordered a monogram series. Just waiting for insurance to pay me and for the car to arrive at the dealership.
Gost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gost For This Useful Post:
dalli (06-08-2014), draggin_az (06-09-2014), P86RAVES (06-08-2014)
Old 06-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #31
P86RAVES

Drives: 08 WRB WRX STi / NA Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Good on Toyota for that.

Who is your insurance? I apologize if you mentioned it, I skimmed through.
P86RAVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:48 AM   #32
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Sweet! What color did you go with??

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #33
Chad86
DrivinginDreams...Cloud86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gost View Post
Just an update, the insurance company went to check the car, car won't start, insurance didn't like the answer so they requested Toyota break the engine down further. Toyota did that, found water in engine (hydro-locked). Basically engine is useless, draining it out wasn't going to do anything since things were starting to rust. By this time it was already 2-3 weeks since the incident.

Insurance company said they would keep my updated, which they never did. They were stalling and kept telling me that Toyota wouldn't give them an answer, which was a lie because I was in contact with the people I know from the dealership the entire time. Insurance company was stalling because they wanted the engine rebuilt, but the rebuild was going to cost more than the car was worth (25k-30k) so they were forcing Toyota to look for a used engine. Lucky for me, my car only had 8k miles on it, the youngest engine they were able to find had 12k miles. Insurance company wanted that engine but Toyota was telling them it was unfair to me because it has much more miles than what mine had and they said I would never agree to it.

In the end, Insurance company has totaled the car for 22k, which is more than I expected. Even after using the money to pay off my finance, I still have a good amount left to pay for the down payment on the new car, in which I have ordered a monogram series. Just waiting for insurance to pay me and for the car to arrive at the dealership.
Glad to hear you have decided to go with the Monogram. I purchased the Total Replacement Insurance for my Whiteout Monogram in case it gets totaled. This is the best insurance policy. I wonder what would happen if the Monogram was totaled and they no longer were producing them. Unless there is a better trim out by then, according to insurance you get the new model at the equivalent price to what you originally paid.

Enjoy your new ride...and welcome to Club Monogram!

Chad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #34
JoeHK

Drives: Raven Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Good on Toyota for not accepting what your insurance was trying to do
Now better keep this one dry and many safe km's!

Grtz
Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #35
Maowc
EndlessClouds

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Garage
Sorry to hear.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #36
Maowc
EndlessClouds

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Garage
Have fun with the new car!
Old 06-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #37
e-d.

Drives: Scion FR-S 13
what a headache from the insurance company. are they really allowed to wait around and hold off on a case like yours? good stuff on Toyota's part

congrats on the monogram
e-d. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #38
Gost

Garage
I would prefer to keep the insurance company nameless, but the way it went down was, I spoke to a claims adjuster, but the person who went to inspect the car wasn't the person I was speaking on the phone with. The woman who did go inspect the car was the one who kept holding out information on me. When the entire case was started, I asked if there was any chance it would be totaled, and right from the start she told me no, while the claims adjuster who was a man that I spoke to over the phone said its possible but unlikely. I don't know and I wouldn't be quick to judge the insurance company as a whole, if anything it's the people who work for the company. (that same night of the incident, when I was calling roadside assistance, the first person I spoke to said it would be fine for me to tow the car wherever i wanted, the second person I spoke to refused to let me tow it to where I wanted it and said it must be in lock up for safety reasons, even though I told him I was towing it to my house) I'm even wondering if companies even know what type of people they have working for them or some of the things they do.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #39
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,456 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gost View Post
I would prefer to keep the insurance company nameless, but the way it went down was, I spoke to a claims adjuster, but the person who went to inspect the car wasn't the person I was speaking on the phone with. The woman who did go inspect the car was the one who kept holding out information on me. When the entire case was started, I asked if there was any chance it would be totaled, and right from the start she told me no, while the claims adjuster who was a man that I spoke to over the phone said its possible but unlikely. I don't know and I wouldn't be quick to judge the insurance company as a whole, if anything it's the people who work for the company. (that same night of the incident, when I was calling roadside assistance, the first person I spoke to said it would be fine for me to tow the car wherever i wanted, the second person I spoke to refused to let me tow it to where I wanted it and said it must be in lock up for safety reasons, even though I told him I was towing it to my house) I'm even wondering if companies even know what type of people they have working for them or some of the things they do.
Insurance companys are about one thing, money. If they can do whatever to get away with not totaling the car and save $$$ they will do it plain and simple. Go with a new carrier. Vote with your wallet and show them what you think of there service.
jflogerzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #40
Gost

Garage
Zombieing an old thread. Talk about bad luck. Had my monogram for almost about a month now, AND A TREE JUST FELL ON MY CAR. Surprised it didn't completely crush the car. The end of the tree dented the A pillar on the driver side and scratched off the paint. But the tree was heavy enough that it took 3 of us to move it off my car. FML...
Wonder if I would get good traffic if I started a blog about the series of unfortunate events that have been happening in my life.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #41
CokeSlap

Drives: 2014 Monogram FRS Whiteout
... pics?

1992 Acura Integra GSR in Aztec Green Pearl
CokeSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #42
Gost

Garage
60 mph winds, flash flood warning, shit was flying all over the place i didnt have time to take pics, i moved the tree off the car real quick and drove it away before it did any more damage. It wasn't MAJOR damage, just a dent on the A pillar, but NEW CAR WTF