follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #1
pgranberg11
BoostedBRZ

Drives: Turbo BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Catch Can Setup

I was gifted this catch can:

https://www.mishimoto.com/compact-ba...RoCVSEQAvD_BwE

For some background info: I will be running a JDL turbo kit with a GTX2860r with ethanol, will definitely see the track.

I did some research and I was planning on capping off the vacuum nipple on the intake manifold as well as replacing the PCV with a straight through valve. Then with the "Out" port on the catch can that would obviously be VTA. Lastly, with both ins, I would run the PCV and then the CCV into one can since the Mishimoto one I have is a three port. The one thing that concerns me is that Mishimoto's build thread states that they couldn't tie it to one system upon initial development for their catch can due to differential pressures...

I ran into a thread about the D3PE catch can and that setup is exactly what I was planning on doing with my Mishimoto can. Also, looking at Verus' AOS, they also send it to one can and VTA if choose to do so. Am I missing something here or the setup above should work just fine and I'm just over thinking?

Thanks!

Last edited by pgranberg11; 02-07-2018 at 05:18 PM.
pgranberg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #2
Brayden_23

Drives: Asphalt 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
With Mishimoto worried about pressure differentials, it might be possible to just put check valves on both of the input lines.

Under vacuum, air should be coming in from the crankcase breather and out through the PCV.

That would be my best guess based on my [limited] knowledge. It seems most, if not all, people run 2 catch cans if they want to vent both the PCV and CCV on this platform.

I'm sure someone else with a lot more knowledge of how this all works will chime in, but that might be able to get you started. Excited to learn more about the way this system works myself. Here is a good jump-off point: http://www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/197

Last edited by Brayden_23; 02-07-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Brayden_23 is offline   Reply With Quote