follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #1
bradze

Drives: 2011 outback
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bradze's rice-a-roni to one day a well-sorted car

i just bought a '13 FR-S base but theres a bunch of mods i would've put on anyway. it has tein coilovers, rpf1 wheels, an equal length header, injen CAI, catback exhaust. next year i plan on autoxing, rallyxing, track nights, and a nice little car for dates and such cuz who would want muddy rock sliders rubbing your legs, from my 4runner TRD BRO. the TRD BRO is my daily driver and this FR-S which i call Lesbaru 2.0 is just a toy.

i think i wanna follow project FR-S from grassroots motorsports. i trust them.

i wanna put on polyurethane bushings, well basically a bunch of suspension pieces. i want info on that.

i want a big brake kit. give me info on that.

turbo kit will come last. thinking borg warner 6258, but i read a vortech supercharger is only $3k, the supercharger on my TRD BRO is 6 so thats pretty good.

over winter i wanna powdercoat wheels, buy toyo proxes r1r, should i stick with 245? put on extended wheel studs and a couple other things.

i wanna put car on a diet. i know its 2758lbs. im thinking of ripping out trunk lining, a smaller battery, getting rid of airbags, stock front seats, putting in momo seats. gimme ideas. im not going insane like i did with my wrx. i wont buy fake carbon fiber shit. its still gonna be a nice car inside.

im also thinking about steel wheels and winter tires for rallycross

heres only pic i have of lesbaru 2.0

as you can see from my TRD BRO i like black so im gonna make wheels black along with a few other pieces
Attached Images

Last edited by bradze; 11-24-2020 at 10:32 PM.
bradze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bradze For This Useful Post:
HaXx (11-24-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 03:21 AM   #2
bradze

just picked fr-s up tonight. love it but a couple little issues
drivers door doesn't stay open, probably easy fix. well, thats all i need help with. i ordered a couple parts already. i wanna dress it up and make the inside fit perfect. i ordered a sparco steering wheel, but its been so long since i used something like that. i want a quick release but does it have to be made be sparco? i think i used a cheaper brand for the momo steering wheel i had in my wrx, dont remember. on friday im gonna order sparco seats cuz eventually ill go with 4pt harnesses and i wanna lighten this thing. airbags are on list of things to remove. tires are next, thinking toyo proxes r1r in 245/40/r17. ill powdercoat the wheels black. think i want a big brake kit, but any advice on what will work with 17" steel wheels? oh yeah are there exterior door handle covers that come in just plain black? that faux carbon fiber shit is so incredibly stupid but its the first thing you find when you look parts up.
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2020, 11:49 PM   #3
bradze

so im 6'2" and i already ordered a sparco steering wheel. however do you have to use sparco quick release or can it be another brand? i believe with my momo steering wheel in my wrx i used a different brand for a quick release and it was fine. this was years ago so im not totally positive. i want a quick release and a spacer. do i need their hub too? so im gonna take out all the airbags. eventually ill switch to sparco r100 seats.

one other question. does anyone know where i can order the complete emblem for the front and rear for the brz? the scion emblems wont work with what i have planned. i need to find someone to make an overlay that says LESBARU. the FR-S is the lesbaru 2.0 for me
Old 11-28-2020, 09:29 AM   #4
scotto79

Drives: 2016 Ablaze FRS
As far as the quick release for the steering wheel, any brand will work as long as its the right 6 bolt pattern. The spline end has to be specific for the FRS and the 6 bolt side will be either the Sparco/Momo pattern or the Nardi pattern.
scotto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
scotto79

Drives: 2016 Ablaze FRS
And that is the best colour for these cars too.
scotto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:40 AM   #6
bradze

this is the second car i bought where i wanted dark grey but ended up getting red. red is ok, but a wrap may be a possibility one day. not sure its worth $2000 plus though. yeah it looks ok. so my 4runner is getting about $12000 in upgrades by the end of the month so the lesbaru is gonna have to wait til spring. but i love that steering wheel!
oh yeah for brakes ive seen a brz with 07 WRX calipers and 16" WRX wheels. i think i wanna run that when i do rallycross and keep my RPF1s for the street/track.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
e1_griego

Drives: Many
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
"give me info on that" isn't really how this all works. Up to you to do the research.

Modifying cars is about fixing perceived problems. Blindly throwing parts at a car does constitute a "build" but if you're actually interested in learning and whatnot, seat time should be the top priority, whether autocross, track days, or rallycross, then you fix things and upgrade as you go.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:35 AM   #8
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Looking forward to updates!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 11:17 AM   #9
bradze

Pacific Import Auto in spanaway washington is where ive been taking my subarus the past 15 years. im friends with them, they helped me rebuild my broken axle on my lifted outback, i changed basically everything with their help on my wrx. one of the guys even has a brz he still isn't finished putting an LS into. anyway i trust PIA so i had them do a thorough once over. i wanted to see how badly i was raped buying this car. well, i feel my butthole's virginity is still intact. the coilovers are worn out and the clutch is weak but overall i got what i wanted. for now this thing is on the back burner til it warms up again. i wanna focus on modding my TRD BRO for right now. anyway when i do get back to the toyobaru, im now thinking about ditching the turbo idea. PIA told me every single brz/whatever that they know of that got a turbo/supercharger has blown up. NA subaru engines cant take forced induction. im thinking about just a tune with the parts i have and also a carbon fiber driveshaft. im thinking i can get around 190 rwhp with a tune, my mods, and CF driveshaft. a turbo will give me what 250? what do you guys think of carbon fiber driveshafts?
The Following User Says Thank You to bradze For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (12-20-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #10
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradze View Post
im thinking about just a tune with the parts i have and also a carbon fiber driveshaft. im thinking i can get around 190 rwhp with a tune, my mods, and CF driveshaft. a turbo will give me what 250? what do you guys think of carbon fiber driveshafts?
I have the Verus CF driveshaft. Never driven with it installed, but it's way lighter. I wouldn't buy it to go faster, I'd buy it to make things smoother and add a little first gear acceleration.

Also, any car will blow up if supporting mods are not done correctly or at all. That's not a surprise to anyone that most of them blow up; people think the turbo is the expensive part, but it's not. If you spend 5 hours installing a turbo kit, but don't want to spend 30 hours supporting it with a perfected tune, AND 200 hours researching supporting mods, I would stay NA.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with NA, it's far less trouble, less grey hair, less crying. Just less acceleration
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
bradze (12-26-2020)
Old 01-31-2021, 11:35 AM   #11
bradze

its winter time, so my lesbaru 86 project is on the back burner as i focus on other things as well as modifying my TRD BRO. i probably need new coilovers but im not gonna do that just yet. what recommendations do you guys make for a clutch? i think i want brembos that will fit under some steelies. i wanna buy a set plus some winter tires for rallyx use. but also the car looks like shit. the headlights and taillights are in bad shape. i think i want OLM/V-land, hows the quality. i had morimotos on my 4runner, but i dont wanna spend a thousand.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:25 PM   #12
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Dude, seriously, this isn't Facebook.
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S2GT86 For This Useful Post:
e1_griego (02-01-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 05:09 PM   #13
bradze

i painted the wheels black this weekend and want to change a bunch of stuff. anyway i have a question. this previous ricer owner installed an injen CAI and it no longer uses this thing which is connected to the stock intake i think. can i remove it? just plug up that hose?
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2021, 12:08 AM   #14
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradze View Post
i painted the wheels black this weekend and want to change a bunch of stuff. anyway i have a question. this previous ricer owner installed an injen CAI and it no longer uses this thing which is connected to the stock intake i think. can i remove it? just plug up that hose?
Yes its just the stock cabin induction noise tube
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote