follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2021, 10:52 AM   #1121
pinkwheels

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds View Post
Can people share the last 4 of their VIN? Or even something like XX## so that we roughly know the order of production?
22XX, ordered roughly mid August and dealer keeps saying 'December' delivery
pinkwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #1122
MacSpeed

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sds View Post
Can people share the last 4 of their VIN? Or even something like XX## so that we roughly know the order of production?
1175, Ordered 9/18, car at dealer 12/3.
MacSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #1123
PhatFreshPrince

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited SBP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkwheels View Post
Mine was placed mid August! Still no sticker! I'm happy though yours will be in sooner!
That's strange. I guess your dealer used all its order allocations for that month and had two order yours in the next set.
PhatFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 05:20 PM   #1124
grst1

Drives: '94 Ford Aspire
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Finally got a call from dealer that car will be in on Monday. Puzzled, since I thought it was on Antares Leader which which can’t make it to Boston port in time frame (port I was told my car will come to) and now is at Baltimore. Window sticker hasn’t populated either yet. Either way - wait is almost over
The Following User Says Thank You to grst1 For This Useful Post:
Quagmire (12-10-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 12:07 AM   #1125
joemysterio

Drives: Mini
For anyone in the SF Bay Area who is curious and/or looking, I went to a few dealerships today to see if I can test drive one and maybe get one ordered if I liked it...

Stevens Creek Subaru had a Blue Pearl Limited on the floor, unfortunately had a $5k dealer mark up on it. They wouldn't let me test drive it unless I filled out a contract to get the purchase going, I didn't feel comfortable with that so I left.

Putnam Subaru had a Blue Pearl Limited and a Crystal White Pearl Limited. I didn't look at the sticker price for the blue one but I went to look at the white one. What a beauty but holy crap, it had a $15k dealer mark up. I spoke with the salesman for a bit, was told the same thing about the test drive, so ultimately I left.

Carlsen Subaru had nothing new on the lot, just a few Ascents. The salesman was up front and said it's really difficult to get one right now. They even stopped taking orders because of two plants that are shut down according to him, so Subaru paused new orders? He helped me look through their system for other dealers' inventories but couldn't find a white limited in the area, and other colors had $5k mark ups. We expanded the search radius to 400-500 miles and found two white ones, one in shipment to that dealer in Reno and one on the lot already in Irvine. Both too far for me to make a trip to and risk not being able to test drive.

He also let me know they were only allotted 12 total BRZ's until June, and a few that were already sold to other customers have been delayed by a few months. While Diablo in Walnut Creek get 12 a month. After reading a bit about Diablo here, I feel weary about going to them.

Needless to say, I left empty handed and was unsuccessful today.
joemysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 03:32 AM   #1126
Kona61

Drives: ‘22 CWP
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemysterio View Post
For anyone in the SF Bay Area who is curious and/or looking, I went to a few dealerships today to see if I can test drive one and maybe get one ordered if I liked it...

Stevens Creek Subaru had a Blue Pearl Limited on the floor, unfortunately had a $5k dealer mark up on it. They wouldn't let me test drive it unless I filled out a contract to get the purchase going, I didn't feel comfortable with that so I left.

Putnam Subaru had a Blue Pearl Limited and a Crystal White Pearl Limited. I didn't look at the sticker price for the blue one but I went to look at the white one. What a beauty but holy crap, it had a $15k dealer mark up. I spoke with the salesman for a bit, was told the same thing about the test drive, so ultimately I left.

Carlsen Subaru had nothing new on the lot, just a few Ascents. The salesman was up front and said it's really difficult to get one right now. They even stopped taking orders because of two plants that are shut down according to him, so Subaru paused new orders? He helped me look through their system for other dealers' inventories but couldn't find a white limited in the area, and other colors had $5k mark ups. We expanded the search radius to 400-500 miles and found two white ones, one in shipment to that dealer in Reno and one on the lot already in Irvine. Both too far for me to make a trip to and risk not being able to test drive.

He also let me know they were only allotted 12 total BRZ's until June, and a few that were already sold to other customers have been delayed by a few months. While Diablo in Walnut Creek get 12 a month. After reading a bit about Diablo here, I feel weary about going to them.

Sadly, I am very doubtful you will find any test drives in SoCal. Most ones on the lot are marked up and another large majority are coming to fulfill orders placed a while back. I myself am waiting for one of those. I hope you find one though!
Kona61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #1127
PhatFreshPrince

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited SBP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I would ask to see the contract and look to see if there is a place at the end of it for a signature. If there is, I would fill it out but leave the signature blank. If they ask for you to sign, then say I am not signing it without a test drive. They are getting your information and that should be enough to get a test drive. If not, then yes I would walk.

If you decide you cannot live without getting one after your test drive, then I would consider flying to another state to avoid the huge markups and make a trip out of it driving your baby home.
PhatFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:55 PM   #1128
grst1

Drives: '94 Ford Aspire
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Picked up my car today. My VIN still doesn't show up through the window sticker web-site. Not sure why - so don't stress out if you don't see it there. My dealer shared the window sticker with me about 2 weeks ago. cCan confirm the Boston as a port delivery for NW NJ.

Love the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grst1 View Post
Finally got a call from dealer that car will be in on Monday. Puzzled, since I thought it was on Antares Leader which which can’t make it to Boston port in time frame (port I was told my car will come to) and now is at Baltimore. Window sticker hasn’t populated either yet. Either way - wait is almost over
Old 12-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #1129
Panda Grahams

Drives: '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Just got my window sticker!

Ordered: 10/23
VIN: 12/02
Sticker: 12/14
Panda Grahams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 07:56 PM   #1130
joemysterio

Quote:

So my wife and I were in the area and decided to give Diablo Subaru a shot anyway... they actually let me test drive the BRZ without having to sign anything. Well, I fell in love with it. It was easy to drive, it was comfortable sitting in there, my concern over visibility was unfounded thankfully and overall felt really good. The only thing I would miss is the crazy torque I have with my current car (Mini Cooper S w/ JCW and tune) as acceleration on my Mini is crazy.

They have no mark up but said they do dealer added items instead, but would work with me to get the price closer to what I would want. So I gave them the builder id/code from the website of what I want and they said they would put in an order for me. This was Sunday so we'll see if anything comes from this. Haven't heard back from them yet.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #1131
Clott

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS(Sold): Fiesta ST
Due to traveling I haven’t had time to post. I ordered 8/24 and she arrived 12/6. My eta was 12/5 or last week of November but I’m not sweating it. Not even at 200 miles on her yet but I love it. Did y’all break them in or thrashed it immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #1132
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clott View Post
Due to traveling I haven’t had time to post. I ordered 8/24 and she arrived 12/6. My eta was 12/5 or last week of November but I’m not sweating it. Not even at 200 miles on her yet but I love it. Did y’all break them in or thrashed it immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! Still "breaking mine in" but at 500 miles I'm just gonna send it.
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:19 PM   #1133
rawpoly

Drives: 22 WRB BRZ M6
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
So my wife and I were in the area and decided to give Diablo Subaru a shot anyway... they actually let me test drive the BRZ without having to sign anything. Well, I fell in love with it. It was easy to drive, it was comfortable sitting in there, my concern over visibility was unfounded thankfully and overall felt really good. The only thing I would miss is the crazy torque I have with my current car (Mini Cooper S w/ JCW and tune) as acceleration on my Mini is crazy.

They have no mark up but said they do dealer added items instead, but would work with me to get the price closer to what I would want. So I gave them the builder id/code from the website of what I want and they said they would put in an order for me. This was Sunday so we'll see if anything comes from this. Haven't heard back from them yet.
Yeah based on experiences I have seen here and at yelp I would be very wary of them fulfilling their promises.
rawpoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 04:54 PM   #1134
joemysterio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawpoly View Post
Yeah based on experiences I have seen here and at yelp I would be very wary of them fulfilling their promises.
So, a user here gave me a tip to try contacting Hansel Subaru in Santa Rosa. Since I haven't heard from Diablo yet, I ended up putting an order in with Hansel instead. They do have a mark up of $2k currently but they cut it in half for me. Compared to Diablo's forced dealer add on's, I saved $4k. Current estimate for me will be May 2022.

As soon as I put in my deposit down to reserve my car, Diablo texted me saying they were able to put in the order. I didn't pay anything so now I have the awkward task of telling them I'm backing out... i'm sure they'll have no problem selling it whenever it arrives though!