follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
nabil_frs

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DO NOT GO HERE

Hey guys i just wanted to post about my experience with servicing and getting warranty work done. I have been going to Meadowvale Toyota located at 401 and Winston Churchill, they do not know anything about the FR-S or how to service it or diagnose problems (my car doesn't start 5% of the time and they have witnessed it but can not find a problem) not only this there techs can not drive standard, after pulling into the service department and do all the paper work a tech gets in my car and attempts to pull away but goes no where cause he left the e-brake up and the car just makes a weird noise and goes no where and on his second attempt he stalls outs, personally i would never trust me car here and not mention the service manger Arthur is the biggest Ahole in the world

DO NOT GO TO MEADOWVALE TOYOTA
nabil_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nabil_frs For This Useful Post:
Marrk (04-25-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
shu5892001
Ontario's FT86

Drives: 2016 Lexus GS-F
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabil_frs View Post
Hey guys i just wanted to post about my experience with servicing and getting warranty work done. I have been going to Meadowvale Toyota located at 401 and Winston Churchill, they do not know anything about the FR-S or how to service it or diagnose problems (my car doesn't start 5% of the time and they have witnessed it but can not find a problem) not only this there techs can not drive standard, after pulling into the service department and do all the paper work a tech gets in my car and attempts to pull away but goes no where cause he left the e-brake up and the car just makes a weird noise and goes no where and on his second attempt he stalls outs, personally i would never trust me car here and not mention the service manger Arthur is the biggest Ahole in the world

You should pm a mod to move this to the Canada section.

Thanks for letting us know though!
shu5892001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
shu5892001
Ontario's FT86

Drives: 2016 Lexus GS-F
Maybe you should try Erin park scion
shu5892001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
Fashionelle1
Banned

Drives: 'twas a S40
Quote:

If you ever need to use this: http://www.camvap.ca/ .
Fashionelle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:

I'm sorry man but that doesn't sound that bad. Diagnosing something that only occurs 5% of the time is going to be very difficult. It is also not unreasonable to forget that the emergency brake is on. We have all done that before. Cut the tech some slack. He drives 95% automatic transmissions during the day that don't require the emergency brake.