follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #15
solidsnake11

Drives: brz
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If you want it to come on with ignition use the red wire on controller to trigger relays. First relay trigger would go red to ground 2nd relay trigger would go red to motec. This will bypass the controller. Sorry I was outside today and didn't get it all read very well.

Last edited by solidsnake11; 06-22-2020 at 08:54 PM.
solidsnake11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #16
ft86xtc

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Checked KOEO 12v while priming then drops to 5v. Car currently won't idle till I get it tuned otherwise I would have checked it with the car running. I'm using the radium dual hanger with two walbros, only one is hooked up. Plan on having.the other one come on with boost. I'm not good with Motec yet so I'll have the tuner figure out that part of things. A30 looks to be a peak hold injector, could you use half bridge output instead? What are you using for reference, map, rpm???
ft86xtc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ft86xtc For This Useful Post:
chewbacca (01-29-2022)
Old 06-23-2020, 04:03 PM   #17
Clash0901
2 ugga dugga's

Drives: Nike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
If you want it to come on with ignition use the red wire on controller to trigger relays. First relay trigger would go red to ground 2nd relay trigger would go red to motec. This will bypass the controller. Sorry I was outside today and didn't get it all read very well.
My issue is now resolved. It was a setting within the motec and not related to my wiring at all. I appreciate your insight and help! I did not want to bypass the fuel controller so I can retain the priming feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft86xtc View Post
Checked KOEO 12v while priming then drops to 5v. Car currently won't idle till I get it tuned otherwise I would have checked it with the car running. I'm using the radium dual hanger with two walbros, only one is hooked up. Plan on having.the other one come on with boost. I'm not good with Motec yet so I'll have the tuner figure out that part of things. A30 looks to be a peak hold injector, could you use half bridge output instead? What are you using for reference, map, rpm???
The drop to 5v is normal. The factory relay is PWM and will demand more voltage as it see's fit. You will need to run 2 separate relays (I bought the 2x radium DIY fuel pump wiring kits). Use my diagram on page 1 and you will be operating perfectly. I would not bypass the fuel controller, as it has factory features that would disappear such as fuel pump priming. The way I have it wired the PWM will demand higher voltage but it won't matter since all that "5v" in this case is doing is opening up my relays which both, individually, send 12v+ to the fuel pumps.

I am referencing injector duty/cc to trigger my second pump via pin A30 which is, as you said, a peak hold injector #8 and not utilized on a 6 cylinder. All it's doing is grounding out the circuit which is the 5v coming from the factory "green" wire by your fuel pump area. If you need help with any of this, wiring, or on the motec side please shoot me a private message and I will guide you through it. Now that I know it well, I'm not shy to provide assistance!
B T (08-06-2023), ft86xtc (07-03-2020)