follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #29
aznknightz17

Drives: Vroom Vroom
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: Toyota Mall of GA
State: GA
City: Buford
Brand: Scion
Salesman to talk to: Patrick Berwise
Reference desired: tell Hung sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 0

Details of your experience with the dealership: Came in looking for FRS and he said he could find one exactly like the one I had built online. Called me next day to say he found it and needed a deposit to secure it. I put my deposit down and 2hrs later he called me saying they had it secured. That was last Tuesday and today he called me saying the car has arrived. Picking it up tmorrow. He was very professional and so was his manager.
aznknightz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #30
immortal_suby

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Fairway Subaru
State: SC
City: Greenville
Brand: Subaru
Saleswoman to talk to: Jan Doss
Reference desired: Matt Davis
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: none currently - sold 3 including mine as far as I know

Details of your experience with the dealership: My family has purchased 5 new subarus and traded in 4 with this dealership. They treat us like family. They treat the car as expected - locked and no test drives - no extra mileage on the car. No BS on pricing and no back and forth salesman to sales manager. They are trying to be the largest volume dealer in SC and it shows in the deals they offer. Stop in and talk to Jan.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #31
Doc

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: South Dade Toyota / Scion
State: Florida
City: Homestead
Brand: Scion / Toyota
Salesman to talk to: Juan Carlos Soto (but doesn't really matter)
Reference desired: doesn't matter really - Dr. A.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Huge allocation, among the largest in Florida.

Details of your experience with the dealership:

Hey guys... Just passing on to those who might reside in South Florida and in the market to purchase an FRS. Fact, most "stealerships" suck! However...

I purchsed my son's FRS at South Dade Scion, negotiated a GREAT deal on the phone / email, gave credit card for deposit, delivery was hassle free and the finance for the balance was even lower than the 3.0% of my federal credit union. Note: Scion is supposed to be sticker price that is already discounted, but there is room for negotiation (ie. delete BS dealer fee, factory add ons at invoice and not MSRP, etc...).

It was well worth the hour drive to a distant Scion dealership. Additionally, unique to that dealership is a bumper to bumper for 80k miles / 6 years for only a few hundred $$ (not an aftermarket 3rd party "warranty" - rather a factory extended by Scion honored nationwide at any Scion dealership) and a few other goodies that are financially sound.

I am in NO WAY associated with that or any other dealershiop, just passing it on to help another. :happy0180:
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #32
stemy

Drives: Asphalt MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Toyota/Scion of Concord
State: NC
City: Concord
Salesman to talk to: Corey Woodford
Reference Desired: stemy
Allocation left: Looks like 2 Whiteout AT and 1 Ultramarine AT

Details of your experience with the dealership: Our experience was so pleasant that my wife and I went back the following weekend and bought a new Toyota Sienna for her. I had to wait for one to arrive, but they offered a temp vehicle for a business trip up to DC if the FR-S didn't arrive in time for my trip (my CR-V was starting to have issues).
stemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #33
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: David Maus Toyota
City: Sanford
Salesman to talk to: ANDREW REYES
Reference desired: PM me for reference
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Physically saw two left on lot - 1) Raven (not sure of transmission, saw it from afar) + 2) Asphalt A/T (parked on showroom floor)

Details of your experience with the dealership: My fiance and I did not have an appointment and seeked out David Maus Toyota after a below par experience at Daytona Beach Toyota. We did not have an appointment nor did we know what David Maus Toyota had in stock. We pulled up to a parking spot and was immediately greeted by Andrew. He is a stand up guy and after we told him of our previous experience he relayed to us that his business is built on trust and he will do everything he can to fight for us. The whole process took approximately 3.5 hours and it was the most pleasant 3.5 hours I've ever spent at a car dealership on a Sunday! Andrew fought to increase the trade amount for my 1996 Mustang to get to the number WE wanted and did so with the utmost professionalism. From the sales floor, to management, and on to financing everyone was a stand up professional and made sure we were honestly comfortable before we took delivery of the car.

*Please see my post in DEALERSHIPS TO AVOID regarding my previous experience*

Last edited by kthxbai; 01-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.
kthxbai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #34
mrjester

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Garage
Dealership Name: Toyota/Scion of Knoxville
State: Tennessee
City: Knoxville
Salesman to talk to: Deborah Todd
Reference desired:
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 4 on the lot as of 12/22/2012.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Deb was fantastic to work with. She was a professional racer in a prior life and completely understands the purpose of this car. Barbara Millard, helps customers do custom work, was terrific as well. Very enthusiastic about understanding what you want and finding the parts to make that happen.
mrjester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mrjester For This Useful Post:
kthxbai (12-25-2012)
Old 12-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #35
L3P47

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Riverside Toyota/ Scion
State: Georgia
City: Rome
Salesman to talk to: Ted Long
Reference desired: Say Tucker Roach sent you
Allocation left? As of last oil change I didn't notice any on the lot.

Originally, I started out at Capital Toyota in Chattanooga Tennessee. To make a long story short they sold my FR-S out from under me after I had already given them my deposit. Next I started looking at other dealerships. Came across Riverside Toyota in Rome. The Salesman that catered to me was Ted Long. He went above and beyond to get me driving an FR-S. I called up Riverside and spoke to Ted. I told him what happened at the other dealership and what I was looking for. He said he hated that happened to me and then got all of my info from me. About a month or so later he called to tell me that my FR-S had arrive on the lot. A great dealership that i'd recommend to anyone.
L3P47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to L3P47 For This Useful Post:
kthxbai (12-25-2012)
Old 12-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #36
N_I_N

Drives: FR-S [Hot Lava]
Garage
The Good and the Bad...

Dealership Name: Pembrook Pines Subaru
City: Pembrook Pines
Salesman to talk to: None of them...
Reference desired: N/A

Details of your experience with the dealership: As with many dealers in South Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale) these guys have zero integrity. They have 4 or 5 BRZs coming in within two weeks (it shows on their website as "In Transit") They had a red one and I test drove it Christmas Eve. I wanted to leave a deposit but they said as long as I came back on the 26th they would save it for me.

I'm on my way on the 26th, driving from the other caost and I get a call that they sold it out from under me. I offered a deposit at least 3 times but they would not take it - then they sell it out from under me.

Dealership Name: Germain Scion
City: Naples
Salesman to talk to: Jim Jabrowski
Reference desired: N/A

Details of your experience with the dealership: These guys were great, and were willing to deal on the markup. I was doing a trade for a car worth MORE than the FR-S (i had the title) so I actually got a check BACK. So it's a little unclear if I paid a markup or not. I feel like I was treated fairly though. However, on the window they show a $4995 markup. But I'm guessing I might have paid $1000 more than sticker maybe. Since the value of my trade is subjective - who knows right? But I got an FR-S free and clear and about $7k in my pocket so...
N_I_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #37
USMC -FRS

Drives: 2013 FR-S. Raven 6 AT
Scott Clark Toyota, Charlotte

Guy's Contrary to other posts I had a great experience at Scott Clark. My sales men were Jim Dalo Sales Manager and Bobby Jessup. They were excellent no pressure at anytime put up with me changing my mind 3 times and I ended up buying a FR-S "Raven 6 AT. Great car. Would recommend to anybody to experience them yourself. See Jim straight up guy.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #38
DavidB_FR-S

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Great Sales Experience in Chattanooga Tennessee

Dealership name: Capital Toyota / Scion
State:Tennessee
City: Chattanooga
Salesperson to talk to: Alfred Odister
Reference Desired: Tell him David Braddock sent you.
Allocation Left: Alfred told me that they have sold seven FR-S. (I was lucky number 7.) He mentioned that they had done a couple dealer trades and are trying to get some more. That week they sold three; unfortunately for now I took the last one but hopefully they will get some more soon.
Details of Your Experience with the Dealership: I have bought Toyotas from all the local dealers. (Capital Toyota, North Georgia Toyota and Toyota of Cleveland) I originally tried to get one from Toyota of Cleveland but they said they couldn't do any dealer trades BUT if I put up a $500 deposit, I could get the one I wanted in about six weeks.

I previously had a bad sales experience at Capital Toyota but I reluctantly went and asked to speak with the sales manager Ed Emmerson. I told him that I didn't want the next salesperson up but wanted someone who really knew the car. He introduced me to Alfred Odister.

Alfred told me all the highlights of the Toyota / Subaru partnership and then showed me all the great features of the car and took me on a great test drive. I told him I was really impressed and asked him to tell me why I should buy the car. He was honest and simply said, you have to buy it only if you really want it. No hard sales tactics but a great salesman that won my business and became a friend.

As for Alfred @ Capital, you won't be disappointed.
DavidB_FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #39
ECUtrav

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattR View Post
Dealership Name: Leith Toyota
State: North Carolina
City: Raleigh
Brand: Toyota/Scion
Salesman to talk to: Alan Hillman
Reference desired: None needed.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: They have an Argento AT test-drive mule, but no others when I was there.

After a horrible experience at my local dealership, I made the 2-hour drive to Leith. The least amount of pressure I've ever felt in a dealership. If you know what you want, and don't want to deal with any BS, get to Leith and ask for Alan. Alan will get you straight up MSRP whether you are buying one off the lot, or ordering custom. I ordered a Whiteout 6MT with no options for MSRP. Left a $500.00 deposit to do so, and have about a 3 month wait. Also, very agreeable doc/dealer fees for North Carolina.
I just purchased a Whiteout FR-S from Leith Toyota in Raleigh. It was one of the easiest car buying experiences I've had.
ECUtrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #40
Bartoletta

Drives: Pearl White 2011 Lexus Is250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I'll start

Dealership Name: Mastro Subaru
State: FL
City: Tampa/Sanford
Salesman to talk to: Sean McCarthy in Tampa, haven't dealt with the Sanford guys
Reference desired: Sure if you want, tell them Dave sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Sadly no, all 26 cars are spoken for for the first 7 month period.

I've made my experience pretty clear already but my experience was absolutely wonderful with this dealership and they stood by the deal I had with them when so many other dealerships increased to MSRP or more. I can't say enough about this dealership, it's honestly been the best new car buying experience I've ever had. The team there is great, they are honest and trustworthy which is something that's hard to find these days in dealerships. They also have a points program where you get points for maintenance and can get oil changes, etc for free after building up points. They also cover oil changes as part of a new program beyond the two years Subaru covers.
How does this place compare to reeves?
Bartoletta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #41
SHIFTER

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: Deerfield Toyota
State: FL
City: Deerfield Beach
Brand: Toyota
Salesman to talk to: Cedric
Reference desired: Andrew F - Will split the 100 dollar referral with ya
Allocation left? Had several as of Feb 2013

Details of your experience with the dealership: Basically a no bs, straight forward experience. They took the time to let me really drive the car, asked me what I was looking to do - and didn't make me haggle with them. They hit the numbers I was looking for no questions asked, and without wasting my time. Cedric was beyond a gentlemen, but also knew his stuff - obviously a car enthusiast and knew his toyotas! I enjoyed BSing with him as much as I did buying the car from him.

Basically put - I got the car for a damn good deal (below list), didnt' have to haggle, no arguing, no typical dealer BS. Really the best experience anyone could ask for.
SHIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #42
ThatManAnt

Drives: Whiteout FR-S 6spd
Nalley Roswell

These guys are AWESOME! I'm 19 and just got my whiteout FR-S, traded in my 09 TRD RS5.0 Tc. I'm fortunate enough to have parents who didnt make me pay for anything on that car so i was saving up for my 2nd car (FR-S) for many years knowing i'd want something much better cause im a gearhead like all of us Anyways i walked in there and they immediately greeted me (Salesman was Jason Brown, young kid too so he listened and didnt pressure me) and asked what i was interested in. I told him "Whiteout 6spd FR-S, credit's excellent i just want some ball park #'s on the payments." He said alright let me find out, I was impressed because all the other dealerships i went to didnt take me serious being how young I was, but they didn't judge or anything. They didnt have one but told me they could get one and if i wanted to drive one anyway, i did and of course i loved it. I had no intentions of buying that day but after a 2 times going back and forth with the finance guy they came to an awesome # that blew every other dealership out of the water. Overall VERY SATISFIED, go in there and ask for Jason Brown or Trupia Tell them Anthony sent you
ThatManAnt is offline   Reply With Quote