follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 06-01-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Burlington Vermont

Hoping to see if there are other active Vermonters! I'm in the general Burlington area and would love to see other members for a brz/frs hangout!

DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
TheMaummar

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Burlington area has many fun roads to enjoy your car with. Wife and I had a blast up there for our anniversary a couple years ago when we still had the 86.
TheMaummar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I love the Burlington area. We go up when we can, I think we're overdue for a trip.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #4
Setgo

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Hoping to see if there are other active Vermonters! I'm in the general Burlington area and would love to see other members for a brz/frs hangout!

Hey I live in the Burlington area, I drive a '13 BRZ in crystal black silica, we should meet up sometime. I daily mine, and this winter will definitely be interesting
Setgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setgo View Post
Hey I live in the Burlington area, I drive a '13 BRZ in crystal black silica, we should meet up sometime. I daily mine, and this winter will definitely be interesting
Buy winter tires if you haven't already.
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
Old 11-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #6
Setgo

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
Buy winter tires if you haven't already.
I have haha bought them a couple months ago. I'll be mounting them soon 😊
Old 11-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
JazzleSAURUS

Nice!

Even the WORST winter tire is better than the BEST all season. I've actually been putting off fresh ones because I can't decide if I want Xice3's, or the new arctics. Decisions decisions...

(I live in rural western MA, which normally means grab the tires with the broader tread blocks, the arctics, but my FXT has arctics already so I could have the best of both worlds with the two tires.)
Old 11-15-2017, 04:37 PM   #8
venturaII
Only users lose drugs.

Drives: All the time
Thanked 1,067 Times in 674 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'll be limping through this winter with my Conti WinterExtreme Contacts, though it'll be the last season using them. They were okay, but nothing fantastic. I got 4 seasons out of them though, so I can't complain.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #9
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Glad to see some activity, winter should be exciting!! I love mine in the snow. Setgo, we'll have to meet up for some pictures and chat!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:11 AM   #10
Setgo

Garage
Quote:
Glad to see some activity, winter should be exciting!! I love mine in the snow. Setgo, we'll have to meet up for some pictures and chat!
I sent you a pm but lemme know if you got it or not haha I sent it through my cell. No clue if it went through
Old 11-16-2017, 02:19 AM   #11
Setgo

Garage
Quote:
Nice!

Even the WORST winter tire is better than the BEST all season. I've actually been putting off fresh ones because I can't decide if I want Xice3's, or the new arctics. Decisions decisions...

(I live in rural western MA, which normally means grab the tires with the broader tread blocks, the arctics, but my FXT has arctics already so I could have the best of both worlds with the two tires.)
I've heard xice are good but I mean I bought barely used winters. I checked the manufacturer date and it's cutting it close to be considered "expired". I inspected them and there is no cracking anywhere.

I think I might out mine on next week but not entirely sure yet haha I do want to wait a bit but I know the more I wait, the riskier it is.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:20 AM   #12
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setgo View Post
I've heard xice are good but I mean I bought barely used winters. I checked the manufacturer date and it's cutting it close to be considered "expired". I inspected them and there is no cracking anywhere.

I think I might out mine on next week but not entirely sure yet haha I do want to wait a bit but I know the more I wait, the riskier it is.
It's cold enough that it's not too early. I've been in New England all my days, (and driving far more of them than my license would indicate.) A few extra weeks of winter tires in the beginning is nothing in comparison to summer tires getting lumpy in the mornings, or getting stuck driving on summer tires because of an early storm. (This is New England after all.)

If they are really that close to the expiration date, the compound has likely hardened and is close to being compromised. I'd personally get them on ASAP, get all you can out of them this year, (hoon them away, as it were,) and get fresh ones next year.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #13
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Quote:
It's cold enough that it's not too early. I've been in New England all my days, (and driving far more of them than my license would indicate.) A few extra weeks of winter tires in the beginning is nothing in comparison to summer tires getting lumpy in the mornings, or getting stuck driving on summer tires because of an early storm. (This is New England after all.)

If they are really that close to the expiration date, the compound has likely hardened and is close to being compromised. I'd personally get them on ASAP, get all you can out of them this year, (hoon them away, as it were,) and get fresh ones next year.
This is exactly my plan for the year; last year my winters definitely were getting too hard and weren't doing their job. Just put them on since my 200tw tires are ice skates below 40 degrees and I've got new winters waiting. Now I'm Initial D until wires show or we get actual snowfall and I have to put my new ones on.

Setgo: I got your message!

Last edited by DarkPira7e; 11-16-2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: After coffee word editing
Old 11-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #14
JazzleSAURUS

Quote:
This is exactly my plan for the year; last year my winters definitely were getting too hard and weren't doing their job. Just put them on since my 200tw tires are ice skates below 40 degrees and I've got new winters waiting. Now I'm Initial D until wires show or we get actual snowfall and I have to put my new ones on.

Setgo: I got your message!
Definitely be careful with those 200tw hockey pucks, the cold mornings means they really aren't safe at all, (regardless of how fun they are!!)

I swap my S-04's off once we're consistently below 40, and they are 300tw.
My RE71R's come off once we're below 50, if they even hit freezing they are effectively ruined, and are basically just drifto tires.