follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Razorlor

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited, Perf Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Delicious Tuning - Flex Fuel Kit Issues 1 Year+

UPDATE Currently working with Delicious on getting the issue resolved, will keep this post updated.

July 1st update - Spoke with Nazar, will be returning the kit so that they can see what is going on with it.

July 22nd update Delicious now has the kit, waiting to hear back from them.

August 5th update Emailed Nazar a week ago to see if they had figured anything out, have yet to hear back from him. Messaged William on the forums here who asked for an RMA number, which I provided. Been more than a week now and haven't heard anything back from them.

August 8th update Got in touch with William, said they should look at my kit Tuesday or Wednesday. It's Thursday now, waiting to hear back from them.

August 9th update End of Friday, still haven't heard anything. It's getting pretty agitating now, as of Monday they will have had my kit for 2 weeks. I get being busy, but this is ridiculous. What is even more frustrating is that it is more effective to get in touch with them via PM on this forum than it is through email or calling them.

August 13th update They said they found an issue in the connector of my flex fuel kit. After a couple days of testing, no issues have come up. They have shipped the kit back to me, will update once it is back on.

August 20th update Got my kit back in the mail, will install it and do some testing later this week.

September 12th update After driving around enough to switch back over to E70, the same issue is still present. This sucks.

October 1st update Have still been emailing back and forth for the last few weeks, not really sure what is wrong.

Purchased a flex fuel kit back in June 2018. I installed the kit myself (I work as an auto tech and have installed many aftermarket mods). The kit fit great, was super easy to install and wasn't missing any pieces, etc.

Once we got my base tune down (I had just replaced the header with a catless unit), I got to use my first tank of E85. After a few revisions, the change was noticeable, everything seemed great.

The Issue
I mentioned to Zach at the time that it felt as though the engine was cutting out during the middle of the RPM range, but it was usually on light throttle and just made it a bit annoying to drive. After changing the location of the ground wire several times and not much other suggestions, I gave up on messing with it since winter was approaching and I didn't plan on using it during the colder months.

Early May, the weather was getting nice again so I got in touch with Delicious again about the issue I was having and I spoke with Nazar about the possibility of a faulty ethanol sensor. He shipped one out to me, but it wasn't the correct one (I was sent a mark 2 unit when I had the mark 1 kit). This was sorted out and I was sent another sensor, which I installed the day it arrived.

The new sensor didn't fix the issue. I submitted my logs and discovered that the sensor's ethanol content was dropping to 0% in the 2750 to 3500 rpm range (usually around 3k). I contacted Nazar 2 weeks ago about the sensor not fixing my issue and have called them 3 different times. They have not responded to me.

It goes without saying that I am frustrated. I paid $600 for a kit that I haven't been able to use as it makes the car unpleasant to drive. I hope posting this here can help with getting the issue resolved.

Last edited by Razorlor; 10-01-2019 at 03:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Razorlor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Razorlor For This Useful Post:
TMF (04-14-2022)
Old 07-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
norcalpb

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2023 Model 3
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
So the car starts, but just stutters under load?

Have you replaced your spark plugs yet?
norcalpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
Razorlor

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited, Perf Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalpb View Post
So the car starts, but just stutters under load?

Have you replaced your spark plugs yet?
I'm not sure if you read the post. It drives fine, just feels like it cuts ignition when the ethanol reading drops out.
Razorlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 11:23 AM   #4
chuwie90

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am having the same issue as well except on my 05 sti. Not really sure my ethanol content drops to zero but my IATs would shoot up to 214. I was debating on getting a new ethanol sensor but after reading your post it sounds like it could be something else...

Did you ever get this figured out?
chuwie90 is offline   Reply With Quote