follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 11-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
fstlane

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OEM shorter lightweight battery bracket?

Do North American spec cars come with a taller battery than other markets? While waiting for my lightweight battery tray to come in I figured I would try to rig up something to hold in my 11lb Big Crank/Deka battery. It appears the rear tab on the hold down bracket locks into the body mount without using the rod. If you then use the shorter rear rod in the front it almost seems like the mount was designed for a shorter battery. It's solid and I can rock the car back and forward by the battery without movement. If nothing else it's a free lighter weight battery bracket until my purpose built tray arrives!

I also robbed the rubber gromments out of my removed sound generator bracket to give the base a nice non-slip surface.

Last edited by fstlane; 11-05-2013 at 08:30 PM.
fstlane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fstlane For This Useful Post:
finch1750 (11-05-2013)
Old 03-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
mission2toilet

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstlane View Post
Do North American spec cars come with a taller battery than other markets? While waiting for my lightweight battery tray to come in I figured I would try to rig up something to hold in my 11lb Big Crank/Deka battery. It appears the rear tab on the hold down bracket locks into the body mount without using the rod. If you then use the shorter rear rod in the front it almost seems like the mount was designed for a shorter battery. It's solid and I can rock the car back and forward by the battery without movement. If nothing else it's a free lighter weight battery bracket until my purpose built tray arrives!

I also robbed the rubber gromments out of my removed sound generator bracket to give the base a nice non-slip surface.
Good idea, gonna have to try.
mission2toilet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mission2toilet For This Useful Post:
fstlane (03-08-2014)