follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #7981
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leets4uc3 View Post
I have 700cc injector kit and flex fuel tune from delicious tuning. Last week I filled up my tank with 91 and my car started to stall when shifting into neutral as I came to stop at the stop light every now and then. After it began stalling, the car also started hard starting; the car would crank for 3-5 seconds before starting. I filled up about 3/4 tank of E85 and the car stopped stalling but, still hard starts. Vacuum and boost seem to be fine and car drives like normal. Also, I live in AZ so its really damn hot out.

Anyone have any tips?
Check your injectors.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #7982
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Code p0301 cylinder 1 misfire. Car took a while to start again and idle is rough, but no CEL. Bogs down then raises to about 1.5k rpm and stays for a little then returns to normal. Car drives like normal besides when sitting at idle.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
This probably isn't it but my water pump plugs into the cylinder 1 injector plug for power and when it was loose the injector wasn't shooting fuel, thus giving a misfire. I did multiple other things before noticing the plug just needed to be pushed in more which solved my issue. Not sure why they designed the water pump to get power from an injector, but alas they did.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:08 PM   #7983
leets4uc3

Drives: Sprintex carbon fiber wide body
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I will check the injectors when I get back to my car. I took a quick look but the car was way to how to take off the ecu bracket.

I drove the car last night for a mile to the gas station and all was well besides the hard start. Kinda sputtered when starting it at the gas station but then was normal.

leets4uc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #7984
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I have 700cc injector kit and flex fuel tune from delicious tuning. Last week I filled up my tank with 91 and my car started to stall when shifting into neutral as I came to stop at the stop light every now and then. After it began stalling, the car also started hard starting; the car would crank for 3-5 seconds before starting. I filled up about 3/4 tank of E85 and the car stopped stalling but, still hard starts. Vacuum and boost seem to be fine and car drives like normal. Also, I live in AZ so its really damn hot out.

Anyone have any tips?
I'd bet a nickle on it being heatsoak.

In Hawaii here. Car will sometimes stall out after heatsoaking with motor off in 90F+ with humidity (on warm start). Haven't ever gotten a misfire code though. Could only imagine what your car is going through right now in AZ.

Although I have Never had it stall going into neutral. Does kinda sound like a vacuum problem.

My money is on the heat.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #7985
leets4uc3

Quote:
Originally Posted by riboyster View Post
I'd bet a nickle on it being heatsoak.

In Hawaii here. Car will sometimes stall out after heatsoaking with motor off in 90F+ with humidity (on warm start). Haven't ever gotten a misfire code though. Could only imagine what your car is going through right now in AZ.

Although I have Never had it stall going into neutral. Does kinda sound like a vacuum problem.

My money is on the heat.
I swapped injectors 1 and 3 to see if that made a difference and it hasn't stalled yet, BUT it hasn't been as hot as the day it keep stalling. Car said it was 118F.... The still cranks for a while whether is a cold or warm start.

I am almost out of fuel so I will fill up with 91 instead of e85 and see how that goes.

Also I do have an oil cooler, sc intercooler, and upgraded mishi radiator and fans. I believe the coolant temp was 208F when doing some spirited driving then fairly quick back down to 195F. Normally sits at 190F.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:07 AM   #7986
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I swapped injectors 1 and 3 to see if that made a difference and it hasn't stalled yet, BUT it hasn't been as hot as the day it keep stalling. Car said it was 118F.... The still cranks for a while whether is a cold or warm start.

I am almost out of fuel so I will fill up with 91 instead of e85 and see how that goes.

Also I do have an oil cooler, sc intercooler, and upgraded mishi radiator and fans. I believe the coolant temp was 208F when doing some spirited driving then fairly quick back down to 195F. Normally sits at 190F.

I've seen up to 230 on the track with an oil cooler and SC intercooler without any issues. I'm leaning towards the tune needs adjustments. Capture logs if you can when it's acting weird and send them to your tuner.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 09:03 PM   #7987
leets4uc3

Ran the tank low and refilled with 91. Same issue. Car cranks for a while and sputters to a start. Stalled twice when shifted into nuetral. I saw the traction control and some other light come on when it hunts really bad but the car stays alive. Also noticed the afr way 19.8ish.

I guess I will have to drive my car to PHX and take it to JDL for Jesse to check out. I am thinking its tune related. I noticed it happens more often as the temperature rises outside.

Last edited by leets4uc3; 07-12-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #7988
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
335 setup is going on the dyno...very soon!
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
CarzCarzCarz (07-13-2017), riboyster (07-17-2017), sato (07-12-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 06:27 PM   #7989
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sorry to rehash an old topic, but oil catch cans.....

I can't find any definitive answers so on this kit is the PCV or CCV the more optimal one to do? The CCV seems to come up as the one to do when boosted, which I think is the one to the intake pipe, which would be much easier. I guess should see what the intake/TB looks like..... However the general search results suggest that it's the PCV side that's primarily beneficial. I'm now bloody confused.

What have owners found collects the most?

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #7990
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post

I can't find any definitive answers so on this kit is the PCV or CCV the more optimal one to do? The CCV seems to come up as the one to do when boosted, which I think is the one to the intake pipe, which would be much easier. I guess should see what the intake/TB looks like..... However the general search results suggest that it's the PCV side that's primarily beneficial. I'm now bloody confused.

I found that my catch can on the intake side collected NOTHING so I just took it off. I don't remember either being particularly difficult to access/install though.
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
Kodename47 (07-15-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #7991
walletsr

Drives: 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Lettuce I ran my 335 in Dallas with outside temps of 115 and had no issue. I would check MAP sensor and also your tune. My car had similar issues when my tune wasn't set up 100%.
walletsr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to walletsr For This Useful Post:
leets4uc3 (07-17-2017), riboyster (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 09:46 PM   #7992
riboyster

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post

If CCV is to intake pipe, then that's the one to do. Been running a catch can on mine (and then to atmosphere), and collecting all kinds of nasty shit.

If PCV is the one that connects to high vacuum, then no need. I've been running mine into the intake pipe where CCV is supposed to be, and I can tell you that it barely exhales at all.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #7993
brybot

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Does anyone have a P3 vent gauge (or any other) - the OBD II one? Was wondering if getting boost through one of the analog inputs was at all worth it with this setup. I know it isn't really necessary with a PD compressor, but still curious.

Sorry if this has been explained before.
brybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #7994
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brybot View Post
Does anyone have a P3 vent gauge (or any other) - the OBD II one? Was wondering if getting boost through one of the analog inputs was at all worth it with this setup. I know it isn't really necessary with a PD compressor, but still curious.

Sorry if this has been explained before.
I did. Don't run analog boost on it any more as I didn't use it. I do use it for oil pressure though.

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kodename47 For This Useful Post:
brybot (07-24-2017)

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.