follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 02-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Aznek

Drives: 2013 White Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Audio Options

So I was checking out the dealer options on the TC and I noticed there were 3 optional additions. 1. The Bongiovi Acoustics DPS, 2.Premium Pioneer Audio Upgrade and 3. XM Satellite Radio Kit

I know these are two different cars (one is Toyota made and the other is Subaru made) but the dealer installed options should be comparable.

1. The Bongiovi Acoustics DPS:
I'm guessing this is some type of amplifier, the description on the websites says "BONGIOVI ACOUSTICS DPS is a fully digital state of art audio system that processes the audio stream in real time and routes the enhanced audio to a 4 channel digital amplification system. The result is an unparalleled listening experience in your Toyota vehicle. BONGIOVI DPS ACOUSTICS smooths out the differences in volume between any audio source (CD, AM, FM, Satellite Radio) and greatly improves the sound of all sources of audio including portable music devices."
It seems unnecessary. If it's simply software based I would say it is a money grab, if it's hardware based maybe it will be ok. Can anyone more knowledgeable provide some insight?

2. Premium Pioneer Audio Upgrade:
The description is blank but there is a picture of a big double-din unit with a nice screen. I assume this upgrade is simply an upgraded head unit. Usually premium audio upgrade means additional speakers (i.e. 7 speaker setup + sub)

Does anyone know if any of the above options will up the number of speakers and add a subwoofer? The website's descriptions are super vague. Every car I have ever seen has had the additional speakers option.

Also, additional info on what the above options truly are, would be great! I would just like to know before I go into a dealer. Like many of you, I prefer to go into a dealership knowing exactly what I want, rather than relying on salesmen for car info. I remember a Hyundai salesmen repeatedly telling me about the new Elantra's 50 MPG fuel economy ಠ_ಠ. I know there are some salesmen on this forum and this is not a slight against you, but I'm sure that you can agree that many salesmen are salesmen first and knowledgeable second.

Anyways thanks in advanced!
And before the SEARCH POLICE crucify me, I searched Bongiovi and I was only able to find 1 thread mentioning it briefly with no description. I also googled it and came to conclusion that it is a software based amplifier, I just want to confirm
Aznek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
For the 2013 model year, Scion is using Pioneer Bespoke (google it) - but it's unclear if they will be standard across the models or just a dealer option.
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #3
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
For the 2013 model year, Scion is using Pioneer Bespoke (google it) - but it's unclear if they will be standard across the models or just a dealer option.
Dealer option on the FR-S according to the Canadian brand manager.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote