follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale/Trade

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #1
gonzo

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation FS - 2013 FRS Manual, Slight Mods, 55k miles, Pearl White, SoCal

I'm thinking about selling my 2013 FRS (white) whiteout with 55k in SoCal. Here's the info:

Miles: Single owner. I've never had any issues with the car except nails in tires. It seemed to attract a lot of nails while I lived in San Diego... The car has really nice Michelin super sport tires and I even have a few extra in the garage I'll throw in with the sale.

History: Single owner. The title is clean but during the first month I got the car someone backed into the rear side panel in a parking lot at the gym. I went to the best body shop in San Diego (they focus on exotics) and they matched the paint perfectly. I guarantee you wouldn't be able to spot which side panel was replaced. Other than that, no accidents.

Paint: The paint is in great condition because it's always garaged. I've ONLY hand washed the car myself. I will be claying and polishing before selling. I've never polished nor clayed so there's a ton of clear coat left to easily get the paint back to show room condition. The front bumper has scratches on the bottom and front from rocks and the usual stuff flying up on the freeway after 55k miles. There's a small mark on the left door from when I opened the door too quickly and hit a pole in a parking garage. See photo below for the size of this mark. It's about the size of a small screw driver head.

Maintenance and fluids: I've done all the maintenance and work on this car myself. I replaced the oil at least every 3k miles and used high quality oil (either Toyota brand or better) and filters (Subaru/Toyota brand only). I changed the tranny fluid for Red Line fluid at about 30k. The air filter has been changed numerous times. New battery about 8-12 months ago.

Mods: Nameless 2.5" header back exhaust (sounds beautiful but I also have the stock one), red short shifter to match the interior, winmax W3 brake pads with about 50% life left and resurfaced rotors when installed around 30k miles, rear subframe inserts, tranny mount insert, TRD springs (about half an inch drop on the TRD springs), OpenFlash (can easily run E85 for considerably more power), LED daytime running lights, shark fin antennae.

Clutch throwout bearing replacement: I replaced the clutch throwout bearing at 50k because the original ones were burning up (check the forums). I replaced it with the OEM Toyota replacement throwout bearing that comes with the upgraded grease. I replaced the clutch at the same time since I had the tranny pulled. The clutch looked brand new but I replaced it anyways since I had already bought the OEM clutch. Goes to show how much I baby'd the car while driving. I've never dropped the clutch for a burn out.

Registration: The car was registered this week and had the required emissions related recall performed at Maita Sacramento last month. It's been running perfectly and have had no issues. I will check the oil next time I drain and fill in a couple weeks.

Reason for selling: Got a new job and I'm hesitant to do the commute through LA in this car because it's my baby. The car has a lot of sentimental value to me. But I can't commute 80 miles a day in this car, so I'm planning to get a Tesla with Autopilot

Price: KBB is $14k for "good" condition. Let me know what you're thinking and I'm not in a rush to sell so no low ball offers.

I'll add more items to this post as I think about it. Feel free to ask your questions in this post. Thanks!

Note that I haven't washed the car yet because it's 100 degrees. I will be washing, claying, polishing and waxing the car when it cools down next month. It will be near showroom condition at that point because it has a ton of clear coat left. Will update the pics once I get that done.

Last edited by gonzo; 09-11-2020 at 11:25 AM.
gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #2
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Better read the rules

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
gonzo (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
CaesarTielman

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Was there a recall for your car? And can you post some pictures please? Thank you
CaesarTielman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #4
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Better read the rules

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ok thanks I'll read the rules and update the post.
The Following User Says Thank You to gonzo For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (09-09-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #5
gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaesarTielman View Post
Was there a recall for your car? And can you post some pictures please? Thank you
Yes see above in the "registration" paragraph for more details. Had the recall done last month (waited till the last minute so the dealer had experience doing the recall work). They did the recall and I registered the vehicle this week. I plan to check the oil for any deposits when I drain it in the next few weeks to make sure they did the recall work correctly. So far I've put about 1,000 miles on it (drove from Sacramento to LA) and it hasn't had any issues or funny noises. I'm also monitoring the ECU readouts through the OpenFlash unit that may come with the car (or I may part it out separately).
Old 09-13-2020, 05:53 PM   #6
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,012 Times in 1,456 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Also it's your responsibility to get a smog which it won't pass in it's current form

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote