follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #29
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
fuck the graphics and cars, how about they create a proper multiplayer interface that isn't shit and deal with bumper-car-loving, 12-year-old ass-****s in an effective and efficient manner.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #30
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
fuck the graphics and cars, how about they create a proper multiplayer interface that isn't shit and deal with bumper-car-loving, 12-year-old ass-****s in an effective and efficient manner.

Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #31
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Community/Club/Race Organizer
• Players can form their own communities
• Various community levels from local and domestic to global
• Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
have you ever played iRacing?

they got it down packed
Old 05-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #32
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
have you ever played iRacing?

they got it down packed

I'm aware that iRacing has it down pact. I put to much money into my real life car though and have not put any into building a capable PC and mostly use laptops and tablets. So, to answer your question, no I have not played it officially yet, but I know how capable it is through research and reviews.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #33
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

just to clarify i'm emphasising their multiplayer aspect.

In iRacing, after the initial period of adjustment, the length of which depends entirely on your skill, you will be out of the rookie pool and take part in predominatly clean races.

any blantant jackassery is delt with swiftly and sternly, the built-in recording system makes reporting a user for bad play very easy.

there are plenty of race series that go on constantly, with each series having an automatic race hosted every hour, with qualifying and time-trials setup prior to the race.

players are grouped together based on their skill and the cleanlisness of their driving record.

it's so elementary i still dont understand why other sims haven't bothered in replicating this. Outside the rookie races, iRacing almost guarantees you fierce and clean competition by simply clicking "join." It's absolutely fantastic.

of course there is the inherit problem of some series having a low participation count but that's just part of the system.

and if you find that there isn't a particular series to your liking, then you can go ahead and create your own sessions.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

also to avoid investing too heavily into a PC, consider waiting for the

Oculus Rift

http://www.oculusvr.com/

this will eliminate the need for a multiple monitor setup (along with the hardware required to run such extreme resolutions) and any sort of dedicated "rig" since now the "visual" side is always in correct placement.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #35
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

In iRacing, after the initial period of adjustment, the length of which depends entirely on your skill, you will be out of the rookie pool and take part in predominatly clean races.

any blantant jackassery is delt with swiftly and sternly, the built-in recording system makes reporting a user for bad play very easy.

there are plenty of race series that go on constantly, with each series having an automatic race hosted every hour, with qualifying and time-trials setup prior to the race.

players are grouped together based on their skill and the cleanlisness of their driving record.

it's so elementary i still dont understand why other sims haven't bothered in replicating this. Outside the rookie races, iRacing almost guarantees you fierce and clean competition by simply clicking "join." It's absolutely fantastic.

of course there is the inherit problem of some series having a low participation count but that's just part of the system.

and if you find that there isn't a particular series to your liking, then you can go ahead and create your own sessions.
What are your thoughts on Forza? I think most play clean and I don't have any issues with people playing dirty online.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #36
gzpermadi

Drives: Toyota 86 Silver
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
*New version will include THOUSANDS of cars!

+83 different Skylines!
+37 different Silvias!
+22 different S2000s!
+56 different Evos!
+28 different Miatas!
+The least popular model year of popular other cars!
+The old versions of cars that have already been out for at least one full model year!

Same old story.
don't forget 99 versions of 350Z....
They should release a separate game called Nissan Turismo
gzpermadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #37
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-17 View Post
What are your thoughts on Forza? I think most play clean and I don't have any issues with people playing dirty online.
haven't tried forza

but from what i understand it's less pressure and more fun-fun. I will admit the peopel playing iRacing (outside of the rookie pool) are really hardcore.

There is generally championships on the line with either cash or subrscription prizes to the winners.

and i've only ever really done the road races.

the guys doing Oval races tend to take it super seriously. Also, when you cause a crash in an oval race, you effectively ruin the game for the 27 (or whatever) other racers. And if it was LAP 50 of a 100 lap race, you can imagine the frustration.

A lot of people get turned off iRacing because they can't adjust to the controls, crash a lot, never get their safety rating up, and end up racing against other bad or reckless players and just stay in the rookie league. So they quit.

fromw hat i understand, Forza and Gt series are more or less accurate in physics when you do all the RIGHT things, but are much more forgiving when you provide incorrect inputs.

After 200 laps in a Formula 2000 i still have trouble completing more than 5 laps in a row without crashing if driving at 100% effort.

Every single iRacing race leaves me sweating like a pig and the fear/adrenaline i get is way higher than what i get in real life!

i highly recomend you try it if you havent.
M-17 (05-16-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #38
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
haven't tried forza
I'd still recommend it and it's cheaper now too. I believe most would consider Forza hardcore than its recent spin-off, Horizon (which I like as well).
The past times I played online on Forza 4 members from this forum actually played with strict rules and played clean races with mandatory pit stops included. So for me it was new and challenging even though I sucked at it, no matter though I still found it fun.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #39
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:

-Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

If you are in control of your series, then you have all the power to do the same thing you just described in iRacing I would imagine. And even in the current Online experience in GT5, if you don't drive right in some of the serious rooms, you get booted. End of that.

Quote:
Forza is filled with kids way more than GT.

Quote:
fromw hat i understand, Forza and Gt series are more or less accurate in physics when you do all the RIGHT things, but are much more forgiving when you provide incorrect inputs.

Forza compared to GT's physics is Night and Day.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #40
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

so what happens when the organizer is away, feels sick, or just gives up mid season?

the fact that the process is not automated gives way to human error from an organization point of view

let me tell you, we have a solid 11-13 person admin team in real life and we have difficulty maintining an 8-10 event time-attack season.

when you have a "click and play" system with Wall-i doing the tedious and annoying bits, it makes for more enjoyable game play.

Miss the race at 8pm cuz you were banging your wife? No problem, just wait for the 9pm race. Wake up at 1AM wanting to do some racing? No problem, chances are your competitors wont be speaking any English but you still compete for the same series and the same points.

Automation is a great thing.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #41
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
Forza is filled with kids way more than GT.
I haven't noticed. So no problem there and its not like playing against kids who play COD or Halo that go about screaming and making odd explicit statements in their girliest voices. lol

Old 05-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #42
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
I haven't noticed. So no problem there and its not like playing against kids who play COD or Halo that go about screaming and making odd explicit statements in their girliest voices. lol