follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

View Poll Results: Which jab have you had?
Pfizer 53 51.96%
Moderna 27 26.47%
Johnson & Johnson 6 5.88%
AstraZeneca 4 3.92%
Novavax 0 0%
Sputnik 1 0.98%
Convidecia 0 0%
Homebrew with a big dose of something special 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #2325
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,298 Times in 992 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
And then there's this....
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2021, 04:30 PM   #2326
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,632 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie View Post
My earlier comment was on the difference between those with natural antibodies being stronger and longer lasting that those with vaccine induced antibodies. If we knew we could test and study people and find out those with the immune systems that were able to fight this better than that of the others that couldn't it may lead to a better way to protect everyone without boosters. That is all.
But at the present time and with the current world crisis, this is the tool we have to deal with it NOW. Whatever happens afterward is an entirely different subject.

Not sure why people think these vaccines were released at an accelerated rate. By the time they were available for your arms these vaccines had been tried by many many thousands of people. The demand in a pandemic enabled this to happen, whereas polio, for example only infected a very small percentage of populations by comparison so it was much slower for the proper number of case studies to accumulate.

Personally, I think that so long as supplies of other vaccines continue to flow, the demographics for individuals to use AstroZeneca should be tightened up. There have been 2 fatalities in Canada recently, one being a woman in her early 60s admitted to hospital a week after injection who died shortly after admission. Perhaps male only and a tighter age range would be better. It is just too tragic that someone without known underlying sensitivity should die as a result of vaccination, multiple times now. I was advising friends to take the first shot available but for women (now up to 60) I'm not so sure. It must be related to female hormones somehow.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:36 PM   #2327
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
My earlier comment was on the difference between those with natural antibodies being stronger and longer lasting that those with vaccine induced antibodies. If we knew we could test and study people and find out those with the immune systems that were able to fight this better than that of the others that couldn't it may lead to a better way to protect everyone without boosters. That is all.
That's another one of my (que bitching) things. COVID19 + boosters... UK variant + boosters, African variant + boosters... or just let my body do it's thing. COVID24... I don't want to live like that.

I wAnT tO bEe FrEe

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (05-06-2021), Opie (05-06-2021), Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 04:37 PM   #2328
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,466 Times in 3,205 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
And the peanut gallery with their association comments.

We aren't discussing other vaccines, or all vaccines. The discussion is on the Covid vaccines produced under a hyper accelerated timetable and the quickness they were brought to market. There IS a risk.

Comparing that to vaccines that have been tested for decades is pointless.
If we've had and studied the technology for decades and the only difference is we haven't executed it in this way, then it's not so different.

Also, this entirely avoids another point from a couple days ago:

The J&J vaccine isn't new at all, it uses the same mechanisms as previous vaccines. So we technically could just entirely skip talking about the mRNA ones and, again, ask what's stopping anyone in this thread from just taking J&J's instead, since it's "been tested for decades".
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 04:38 PM   #2329
spike021

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
That's another one of my (que bitching) things. COVID19 + boosters... UK variant + boosters, African variant + boosters... or just let my body do it's thing. COVID24... I don't want to live like that.

I wAnT tO bEe FrEe

But we already responded and discussed this point.

We need tetanus boosters. Shingles vaccine/booster.

Etc etc.

So once the COVID vaccines have full approval from the FDA, as well as their boosters, then what exactly is the hubbub?
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #2330
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

I wAnT tO bEe FrEe

I must confess that I do agree with bitching about boosters. I don't like it. I will probably do it if I feel it's necessary, but I still dislike it....

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (05-05-2021), Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 05:07 PM   #2331
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:

I wAnT tO bEe FrEe

Hey, I'm fine with it if you want to test out your natural immunity. I wish you luck after some of the horror stories I've heard. The guy I worked with who I was told is/was comatose is the same age as me,57, but he had a round belly, so maybe if you work out every day your body will make more antibodies although that makes no sense. Either way, you're doing your own thing and taking your own gamble. Do you happen to have any friends that are also doctors? Didnt think so. Still, how will you continue to fly? Surely at least some states will require a vaccine passport, assuming you only fly domestic. International flights for sure there will be requirements. It makes no sense that a commercial pilot would decline vaccination, of all jobs. No way you would give up your flying career, where flight hours accumulated is part of your value.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:07 PM   #2332
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
That is the entire function of this entire thread
- not getting a vaccine, que bitching
- getting a vaccine, que bitching
- questioning the science, que bitching
- believing the science, que bitching
- taking a doctors advice, que bitching
- left wing rah rah, que bitching
- right wing rah rah, que bitching
- I thought about going to med school once, que bitching
- I serve cold French fries for a living but know more about health and science than you, que bitching
- science is never wrong, que bitching
- science has been wrong, que bitching
- Epstein didn't hang himself, no bitching
- you think Qanon is really a thing, que bitching
- everything on the internet is true, que bitching
- you shouldn't believe everything you read, que bitching
- your actions can threaten me, que bitching
- nothing I do is your business, que bitching
- my brothers, uncle's, co-worker knows a guy at the CDC so there, que bitching

I just come here for the self righteous bitching, the thread never disappoints.
We can tell.

Cool - glad you had the chance to let all that out. Feeling Better?

It's a day late, but the bitching fourth be with you.
spike021 (05-05-2021), weederr33 (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 05:13 PM   #2333
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:

I wAnT tO bEe FrEe

Hey, I'm fine with it if you want to test out your natural immunity. I wish you luck after some of the horror stories I've heard. The guy I worked with who I was told was comatose is the same age as me,57, but he had a round belly, so maybe if you work out every day your body will make more antibodies although that makes no sense. Either way, you're doing your own thing and taking your own gamble. Do you happen to have any friends that are doctors? Didnt think so. Still, how will you continue to fly? Surely at least some states will require a vaccine passport, assuming you are flying domestic. International flights for sure there will be requirements. It makes no sense that a commercial pilot would decline vaccination of all jobs. I wonder how fast you will change your mind if your career is on the line.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #2334
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,012 Times in 1,855 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
And the peanut gallery with their association comments.

We aren't discussing other vaccines, or all vaccines. The discussion is on the Covid vaccines produced under a hyper accelerated timetable and the quickness they were brought to market. There IS a risk.

Comparing that to vaccines that have been tested for decades is pointless.
Someone brought up having their own immune system fight off stuff as a reason to not get the vaccine. So no, that was not a peanut gallery comment. Other non covid stuff was brought up to try to defend anti vaxxers, which I'm not going to look back at the other pages to quote, yet those were fine to you?

My whole point was if one is going to be as brazen enough to make that "immune system" comment, then that person would be a hypocrite on getting any kind of medical/drug help for any illness.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:21 PM   #2335
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
But we already responded and discussed this point.

We need tetanus boosters. Shingles vaccine/booster.

Etc etc.

So once the COVID vaccines have full approval from the FDA, as well as their boosters, then what exactly is the hubbub?
I forgot about your excellent point but It'd be hypocritical for me to unthank previous comments. I got a flu vaccine for the first time last year. Maybe we were given them when I was in the Navy. I don't remember.

Guess I picked a stupid year to give in to that one. I suck at picking stocks too.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:25 PM   #2336
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,921 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I forgot about your excellent point but It'd be hypocritical for me to unthank previous comments. I got a flu vaccine for the first time last year. Maybe we were given them when I was in the Navy. I don't remember.

Guess I picked a stupid year to give in to that one. I suck at picking stocks too.
I didn't get the flu vaccine for a few years, and then the year I did get it, COVID hit

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
spike021 (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 05:32 PM   #2337
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I didn't get the flu vaccine for a few years, and then the year I did get it, COVID hit
lolol... right?! Oh well.

Old 05-05-2021, 05:33 PM   #2338
spike021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post

Even tetanus shots/boosters don't really make sense to everyone.

I could make a very similar argument to Opie and p1l0t about it.

I work on a computer all day, I rarely touch dirty/corroded metal surfaces. Why should I have to take some random tetanus booster shot?

The only reason I got my most recent one was because I injured myself fairly seriously in an uncommon way and so the ER staff wanted to be sure I wouldn't have issues.
Quote:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Capt Spaulding (05-05-2021), Spuds (05-05-2021), Ultramaroon (05-05-2021)
Closed Thread

Tags
eagle5 got sandy vag, tread harder daddy, tylerlieberman is a cuck