follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 12-09-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
Chronology

Drives: 13' Satin White Pearl BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Christmas List - What's your plan?

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is doing well....it's that time of the year to splurge! What are you all getting for Christmas? Car Parts? Electronics?

Here is my car list:
  • CUSCO REAR MEMBER SIDE POWERBRACE: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013
  • CUSCO REAR END POWERBRACE: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013
  • CUSCO DIFF MOUNT POWERBRACE: SCION FR-S 13-16 & SUBARU BRZ 13-16
  • CUSCO FRONT MEMBER POWER BRACE: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013
  • CUSCO FRONT LOWER ARM POWERBRACE PLUS: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013-15
  • CUSCO REAR LATERAL SWAY BAR BRACKET: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013-15
  • CUSCO ENGINE ROOM POWER BRACE: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013 (FIX)
  • CUSCO OS TYPE REAR STRUT BAR: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013
  • CUSCO SWAY BAR: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013 (20MM/FRONT)
  • CUSCO SWAY BAR: SCION FR-S & SUBARU BRZ 2013 (16MM/REAR)
  • RS-R Sporti Custom Spring Rate - 5kg/6kg

I have the order in as of last night, just awaiting shipping info, ETA over the phone was 6 weeks.

I plan on getting an standard alignment, until I can save/figure out what type of rims I am going for, more then likely 17x9 or 18x9.5 Volk TE37 SLs then I will get corner balanced.
RS*R Sport-I w/custom spring rate / Cusco Front/Rear Sways, Cusco Diff Brace / Cusco Power Brace (Rear/Front/Upper/Lower) / JDL UEL Headers / INVIDIA Q300 Ti / Valenti Revo Tails and rear backup/ EcuTek / Moto-East Flexfuel / Moto-East E85 tune
Chronology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chronology For This Useful Post:
Drakiv (12-09-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 03:31 PM   #2
Silent Neal

Drives: 2016 Black Limited BRZ
Well I am thinking of ordering a few things for better airflow. Since I'm working with a budget and avoiding warranty voiding.

As of right now my list is as follows...

Subaru Red Intake Manifold
Mishimoto Induction Hose
Mishimoto Cold Air Intake
Maybe a Nameless exhaust header to start the exhaust make over.
Silent Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #3
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
For the BRZ, probably DT flex fuel kit to go with my Edelbrock SC and maybe some fresh rubber (which ever is on sale, most likely PSS's)

For me? Piloti Superstradas (https://piloti.com/driving-shoes/cas...ada-camel.html)
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #4
infinitewhiskey

Drives: 2016 Oceanic FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
For the BRZ, probably DT flex fuel kit to go with my Edelbrock SC and maybe some fresh rubber (which ever is on sale, most likely PSS's)

For me? Piloti Superstradas (https://piloti.com/driving-shoes/cas...ada-camel.html)
I've been waiting for those shoes to go on sale
infinitewhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
Blue_Elite

Drives: 2016 Asphalt FR-S, 2008 E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Neal View Post
Well I am thinking of ordering a few things for better airflow. Since I'm working with a budget and avoiding warranty voiding.

As of right now my list is as follows...

Subaru Red Intake Manifold
Mishimoto Induction Hose
Mishimoto Cold Air Intake
Maybe a Nameless exhaust header to start the exhaust make over.
Not to derail the thread too much... You will want a tune if you're going to install a header, especially catless. Without one, you will be running sub-optimally and will get a CEL. You may need to re-scale the MAF as well with that CAI. The tune on its own is grounds to deny warranty work on the engine itself.

If I may recommend... Ditch the CAI and pick up an Openflash tablet and a dry element drop-in performance filter. The stock intake is already good and there is very little restriction there.

If you're set on having no warranty issues, ditch all of that and get a nice sounding catback.

Back on track:

I'm hoping my JDL UEL catless header arrives before Christmas. I ordered it 2 weeks ago but it hasn't quite shipped yet. I'm pairing it with my Corsa catback and hoping it all sounds good.

*Edit*

Welcome to the forum btw!
Blue_Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
Chronology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Elite View Post

I'm hoping my JDL UEL catless header arrives before Christmas. I ordered it 2 weeks ago but it hasn't quite shipped yet. I'm pairing it with my Corsa catback and hoping it all sounds good.

*Edit*

I have the JDL UEL and it's amazing. I paired it with Invidia Q300, under 3k it's a total sleeper, anything north of that and it has a nice subi rumble, at WOT its wicked loud.

PRO TIP - Wrap your ignition coil(s)with reflective coating, I had coil A (I think) go bad (26k miles) and the assumption is the heat from the UEL and position causes the coil to panic/melt causing a CEL. The tape is much cheaper then replacement coil and way less cursing when doing the work. See - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=30879&page=15 and props to smbstyle for the pics.

Any plans for mid/over pipe? I am still stock, it's giving me a bit of rasp at top RPMs my assumption is that once I swap that I should be fine.
RS*R Sport-I w/custom spring rate / Cusco Front/Rear Sways, Cusco Diff Brace / Cusco Power Brace (Rear/Front/Upper/Lower) / JDL UEL Headers / INVIDIA Q300 Ti / Valenti Revo Tails and rear backup/ EcuTek / Moto-East Flexfuel / Moto-East E85 tune
Old 12-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #7
Chronology

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewhiskey View Post
I've been waiting for those shoes to go on sale
Matt Farah did a discount price for shoes, use TSTFAN to get a discount at the site, its 10% - https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSmokin...03724360904704
Old 12-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #8
Blue_Elite

Drives: 2016 Asphalt FR-S, 2008 E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronology View Post
I have the JDL UEL and it's amazing. I paired it with Invidia Q300, under 3k it's a total sleeper, anything north of that and it has a nice subi rumble, at WOT its wicked loud.

PRO TIP - Wrap your ignition coil(s)with reflective coating, I had coil A (I think) go bad (26k miles) and the assumption is the heat from the UEL and position causes the coil to panic/melt causing a CEL. The tape is much cheaper then replacement coil and way less cursing when doing the work. See - http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=30879&page=15 and props to smbstyle for the pics.

Any plans for mid/over pipe? I am still stock, it's giving me a bit of rasp at top RPMs my assumption is that once I swap that I should be fine.
Funny enough, I bought the header w/o ceramic coating because I'm cheap. I will definitely take a look at wrapping the coils. I'll probably get the header coated internally and externally. Heck, I may even wrap the header on top of that as I'm hoping to do some HPDE days at some point.

No plans on front or over pipe at this time. Midpipe and axle back are the Corsa pieces currently. It's truly a beautiful exhaust. Excellent sound, excellent quality, excellent fit. Unfortunately, I've heard that when its paired w/ a catless header, it turns into an absolute screamer. As in window shaking, ear splitting loudness at any RPM above 4-5k. For this reason, I am actually going to have my stock catback ready when I install my header, just in case it's too much.

Q300 and Perrin 2.5" resonated is my short list for replacements currently. Maybe next Christmas will be suspension mods... If I can hold out that long

*edit*

I will be insanely jealous of those volks... I cannot wait till I burn out the rest of the stock rubber so I can justify upgrading wheels and tires.
Blue_Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #9
Chronology

Quote:
Funny enough, I bought the header w/o ceramic coating because I'm cheap. I will definitely take a look at wrapping the coils. I'll probably get the header coated internally and externally. Heck, I may even wrap the header on top of that as I'm hoping to do some HPDE days at some point.

No plans on front or over pipe at this time. Midpipe and axle back are the Corsa pieces currently. It's truly a beautiful exhaust. Excellent sound, excellent quality, excellent fit. Unfortunately, I've heard that when its paired w/ a catless header, it turns into an absolute screamer. As in window shaking, ear splitting loudness at any RPM above 4-5k. For this reason, I am actually going to have my stock catback ready when I install my header, just in case it's too much.

Q300 and Perrin 2.5" resonated is my short list for replacements currently. Maybe next Christmas will be suspension mods... If I can hold out that long

*edit*

I will be insanely jealous of those volks... I cannot wait till I burn out the rest of the stock rubber so I can justify upgrading wheels and tires.
The tape is cheep, you can the Defi (smallest roll) online. I think you made a good call on not going ceramic heads, also wrapping them is a sticky situation, yes you are keeping the heat in a specific area, but condensation and other factors come in. If you go turbo, then I can see going to extra mile for heat dissipation.

For me, I did a bit of breather mods, just to get the extra punch, now its time to get suspension in order, next big savings will be for the Volk's on some stickies and then S/C. I keep my cars for 10 years, so saving and enjoying the process is my game. I got tons of time to save, but man they are sexy! The wife said the same thing about the tires, kill the ones I have then use the money I would have spent to replace the tires into the rim/tire package.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #10
calic

Drives: Subaru Brz
I might just pull the trigger on the trd louvers or oem+ reference system.

Instagram: limitedbreeze
calic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #11
infinitewhiskey

Drives: 2016 Oceanic FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronology View Post
Matt Farah did a discount price for shoes, use TSTFAN to get a discount at the site, its 10% - https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSmokin...03724360904704
Nice! I might pick those up now. I saw his plug for it but I don't recall him mentioning any coupon codes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calic View Post
Did you see this?: https://www.facebook.com/groups/260262524376049/

I'm interested too but I'm waiting for them to have prototypes made.
infinitewhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:58 PM   #12
Chronology

Quote:
Originally Posted by calic View Post
I think the louvers are gorgeous!
Old 12-09-2016, 08:58 PM   #13
calic

Drives: Subaru Brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewhiskey View Post
Nice! I might pick those up now. I saw his plug for it but I don't recall him mentioning any coupon codes.

Did you see this?: https://www.facebook.com/groups/260262524376049/

I'm interested too but I'm waiting for them to have prototypes made.
I'm in that group. I'm just worried it's vapor ware.

Instagram: limitedbreeze
calic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #14
Silent Neal

Drives: 2016 Black Limited BRZ
Quote:
Not to derail the thread too much... You will want a tune if you're going to install a header, especially catless. Without one, you will be running sub-optimally and will get a CEL. You may need to re-scale the MAF as well with that CAI. The tune on its own is grounds to deny warranty work on the engine itself.

If I may recommend... Ditch the CAI and pick up an Openflash tablet and a dry element drop-in performance filter. The stock intake is already good and there is very little restriction there.

If you're set on having no warranty issues, ditch all of that and get a nice sounding catback.

Back on track:

*Edit*

Good info, thanks I did a bit of reading yesterday in the exhaust threads. Sounds like I might build from the catback forward.
Thanks for the welcome, I'm loving this forum so far!
Silent Neal is offline   Reply With Quote