follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 04-12-2017, 08:21 PM   #29
~el~jefe~
Banned

Drives: 2019 MX-5 RF
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
Yeah, I'm going to be doing highway driving in Illinois where hills don't exist...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I would not bother then. I think the regular OEM wheels look great. They are the same weight as the P.P. wheels. If there were interior differences or style, I would consider the P.P.. For me, Tcoat noted that I will greatly benefit from the racing brakes as I do 30 minute runs down a mountain. Now, not even there the brakes are always needed, but I found many times in past few years of going down winding roads having to brake hard and wooooops! not really braking and almost having a coronary attack.

The more I think about it, the less of a reason there is to get the package on the limited. Tax+finance charges makes $1200 kind of up there for a price.

Plus, if you plan on getting Winter Tires and Wheels, really would be great to use that $1200 to get a great set of tires and wheels. You could use the OEM wheels with new winter tires, and get a set of 15-16 lb alloys with the oem hp michelin tires for summer buzzing around.

Just my thoughts about how to use the money wisely if you live in a flat place.

So, my suggestion is OEM wheels with winter performance tires for the winter as the midwest is like 6 months of winter, and lightweight wheels with the summer oem tires. My thought is that you spend so much time with cold weather, youll never see the performance half the year without decent rims for winter. Up to you though and how much snow you get before it goes dry cold salt. Here in NY, it snows but most of time it is cold dry salt driving.
~el~jefe~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #30
Scotty2Hotty

Drives: nuthin'
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~el~jefe~ View Post
I would not bother then. I think the regular OEM wheels look great. They are the same weight as the P.P. wheels. If there were interior differences or style, I would consider the P.P.. For me, Tcoat noted that I will greatly benefit from the racing brakes as I do 30 minute runs down a mountain. Now, not even there the brakes are always needed, but I found many times in past few years of going down winding roads having to brake hard and wooooops! not really braking and almost having a coronary attack.

The more I think about it, the less of a reason there is to get the package on the limited. Tax+finance charges makes $1200 kind of up there for a price.

Plus, if you plan on getting Winter Tires and Wheels, really would be great to use that $1200 to get a great set of tires and wheels. You could use the OEM wheels with new winter tires, and get a set of 15-16 lb alloys with the oem hp michelin tires for summer buzzing around.

So, my suggestion is OEM wheels with winter performance tires for the winter as the midwest is like 6 months of winter, and lightweight wheels with the summer oem tires. My thought is that you spend so much time with cold weather, youll never see the performance half the year without decent rims for winter. Up to you though and how much snow you get before it goes dry cold salt. Here in NY, it snows but most of time it is cold dry salt driving.
Yeah, I think that's what I might do. My original plan was to get the Premium or Limited, then put winter rubber on the OEM wheels and put the stock rubber on some other wheels (maybe Sparco Assetto Gara) for the rest of the year. Just like you said.

Now I have to decide whether to get the Premium or Limited...
Scotty2Hotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty2Hotty For This Useful Post:
~el~jefe~ (04-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #31
~el~jefe~
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's what I might do. My original plan was to get the Premium or Limited, then put winter rubber on the OEM wheels and put the stock rubber on some other wheels (maybe Sparco Assetto Gara) for the rest of the year. Just like you said.

Limited vs premium really came down to Heated Seats vs non heated. Heated seats are my one mandatory luxury in the cars I buy. Only a classic car I would skip it on. I think the interiors of either are great. Cloth seats in the FRS were comfortable and perfect. I have not sat in a premium brz, there were only two cars in the NY area ever within past 300 days, both were limited. I can say that I did not really notice the difference interior wise between the two, as FRS and limited brz were really awesome yet simple inside. The limited gets fog lights and heated seats, two functional things that are nice. the alcantara + leather needs particular care and treatment from day one. I love detailing cars, so this I find fun. If you don't and don't care about heated seats, save now thousands getting a premium. Look up on here all the differences. there are not many. Fog lamps have holes you can punch out and put them in afterwards, I do not know how much fog you get. I get a lot living on an island in the winter and also along the great Hudson river in the mountains.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:15 PM   #32
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

It was only ~$1k more for a limited for me, so it was a no brainer.

A lot of people added fog lights and all the padded/stitched stuff to their Premium and that already puts you halfway there.

Plus, I love the "keyless" entry and lock. It's nice when you have a lot of crap in your hands (I have a 4 year old) to lock and unlock the car without taking the fob out of your pocket.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:43 PM   #33
Scotty2Hotty

Yeah, but the cell phone screen jammed into the instrument cluster looks so bad IMHO...
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #34
Scotty2Hotty

FYI - Tire Rack apparently now has the measurements for the performance package. Woot!

Edit: Apparently it's only listing 18" rims at the moment...
Old 04-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #35
Scotty2Hotty

Tire Rack now has 17" rims listed. Plenty of options for the PP. Woot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scotty2Hotty For This Useful Post:
~el~jefe~ (04-26-2017)
Old 04-26-2017, 10:32 AM   #36
~el~jefe~
Banned

Quote:
Tire Rack now has 17" rims listed. Plenty of options for the PP. Woot.
Wow nice. It took them a long time!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #37
mjanmohammad

Drives: Boosted 2017 BRZ PP. GT2860RS, JDL.
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~el~jefe~ View Post

I knew I was going to hit the track with my car, so the performance package was a no brainer for me, even if it was just the Brembos. I almost bought the a MY2016 in May of 2016 but my college graduation was delayed so I had to wait (thats a whole other story). I knew that if I got the 2016 model a BBK was going to be one of the first upgrades. When they announced the 2017 PP, I got myself on the order list as soon as my dealer would let me. The wider wheels/Sachs dampers were just icing on the cake.

Now, 2 track days, 2 autocross events, and 3 months later, I have absolutely zero doubt that I got the perfect car.

Finding wheels before tire rack got their shit together was a pain in the ass though...
Old 06-30-2018, 11:53 AM   #38
ChRZ

Drives: 2017 BRZ SP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wedsport TC105N = Rota Titan ?

So it's been well established that the Wedsport TC105N 17x9 +35 fits over the PP Brembos, but anyone know about their knockoff Rota Titan in the same specs? I'd love to get the Wedsports, but alas I am on a budget. Plus these are dedicated AutoX wheels.

Thanks
ChRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 02:07 AM   #39
FremontSubaru

Drives: 2018 BRZ P/P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRZ View Post
So it's been well established that the Wedsport TC105N 17x9 +35 fits over the PP Brembos, but anyone know about their knockoff Rota Titan in the same specs? I'd love to get the Wedsports, but alas I am on a budget. Plus these are dedicated AutoX wheels.

Thanks
Rota Titans 17x8 will not fit, but the 17x9 +35 will clear the brembos. must have the 35 offset.

Another option im looking into now is the Konig Dekagram 17x9 +40. weighs about the same or just slightly less than the titans
FremontSubaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #40
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,298 Times in 718 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontSubaru View Post
Another option im looking into now is the Konig Dekagram 17x9 +40. weighs about the same or just slightly less than the titans
Just FYI, Konig Dekagram 17x8 +40 do not clear Performance Package Brembos
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #41
jmb2027

Drives: BRZ soon?
Will the base BRZ wheels (17x7) fit over the Performance Brembos?
jmb2027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #42
atomicalex

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited Perf Pack
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Enkei PF01 in 17x8 et35 DO clear.