follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 01:37 AM   #32761
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,520 Times in 18,921 Posts
Mentioned: 1107 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
lol
Old 06-19-2017, 01:39 AM   #32762
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
............So recently my mother went back to Japan, due to grandfather wasn't doing so hot. When she came back, she told me grandfather requested several things from me.
1. Get married this yr. Not sure ive posted this news, but back in May I got engaged. We were planning to getting married next yr fall (like Sept)... but now that idea is thrown out of window. Yes, it's just grandfather's "wish" & don't have much right to say... but I'm Asian & he's a head of house/family (on my mother side) & if he say so, 99% gotta do it. Good part to this is cuz it's his idea, so he'll help pay for the wedding.
2. Moving out. My deal at current place is over & need to move out in July. So I was looking into some single room to live minimal to save up for wedding... but cuz of #1, that plan doesn't work, so now I'm looking for both of us to live.
3. Debt frees. This is a good news for me. To help me trying to get a house/townhouse, grandfather paid off my auto loan plus cc debt. But cuz he paid those off, I have to get married this yr.

If you're wondering what my fiancé thinks of getting married this yr, she's fine w it... just figure out wedding, moving & other stuff stressing her out too. Specially her side of family want to have a big enough reception to eat, drink & have a good time, which I'm not against.

Other stress stuff I've been working.
4. 86EXPO. Event is Aug 19th... so right now is a crunch time. Good thing I have a 4 other event staffs to help me out, but still anxiety kills me to make sure event is successful. Highly doubt Hachi gonna kill me, but don't wanna disappoint him.
5. Work project. Recently, I got assigned to big project at work, which I'm happy that I became project leader... but they brought several "not smart" staff & making things 3 time more work for me. Sadly, 1 could be replaced (last Fri thank god...) & other 2 can't be replaced til later Aug.
6. Dumbfck friend. Not sure I wanna call him a "friend"... let's say guy I used to know. I guess he did something bad or in massive debt and is on the run. Several collection agents & cops have been calling asking for him. I haven't seen him for more than 8 yrs, but he have used my name as a reference without my permission, so they're bugging the crap out of me. Most of them stop calling me... but it was over few wks of nightmare.

So this is why I'm over stressed. I'm sure you have been in worse spot than me. Just want to rant it off. Sorry

Well, now, you do have several things going on in your life ...... however, they all are manageable.

Getting married. So, you and your fiancée are already engaged and plan on getting married. Your grandfather wishes you to get married this year, which is fine with your fiancée. It would seem to me that getting married this year would please your grandfather and your mother and is just fine with your future wife so, why not .. ??

As the wedding arrangements, I suggest you and your fiancée set a date, sometime before the end of the year, and leave it up to your fiancée and her family to work out the details.

As far as housing, if you know what area you will be living in, you might as well just get on with renting/buying a place where you both plan on living. Even if you are living there alone for a few months, it will give you both time to make it your future home together.

86Expo. The work and arrangements should be almost complete by now ...... so, shift most of the remaining coordination duties on to your staffers.

As far as your new project at work, I'd suggest you explain the staffing concern to your supervisor ..... that's what he/she is getting paid for. You are getting paid to do as best you can with the project, with the resources given to you.

As far as being bugged by people after your "Dumbfck" friend ..... that sounds like it's pretty much in the past ...... so, let it go.

humfrz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
gramicci101 (06-19-2017), ichitaka05 (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 02:07 AM   #32763
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Its like you read my mind! (Or its kinda common sense for road trip, don't mean this in a rude way)
I'm not offended. You would be amazed how many people can't do even the slightest bit of planning ahead and then end up stuck somewhere. Sounds like you have it in hand though, so I hope you have a fun trip.

Ichi, what general area of SLC are you thinking about? Also, renting or buying? Just you and your fiancée for now? My wife lives in South Jordan; she could probably dig up some prospects from her realtor friends if I ask nicely.

Also, from a previous post. Anyone can officiate a wedding in Utah; they just need to get licensed. You could have a family member do it if you wanted to. I can get that info from her as well; she just officiated her daughter's wedding. You have my contact info if you need anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gramicci101 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-19-2017), soulreapersteve (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 03:51 AM   #32764
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
3. Debt frees. This is a good news for me. To help me trying to get a house/townhouse, grandfather paid off my auto loan plus cc debt. But cuz he paid those off, I have to get married this yr.

5. Work project. Recently, I got assigned to big project at work, which I'm happy that I became project leader... but they brought several "not smart" staff & making things 3 time more work for me. Sadly, 1 could be replaced (last Fri thank god...) & other 2 can't be replaced til later Aug.
Congrats on #3. Never go into CC debt ever again and you would be miles ahead of a lot of peeps in North America. I was raised to basically treat a credit card as a charge card and not to carry a balance ever. Credit card was hard to get and used just to show off your wealth back in the 80's, I guess banks just got really greedy later on.

For #5 I'm sooooo tempted to write in big bold letters "I HAVE COMMON SENSE" onto the top of my resume.

My humbling hard labor job is starting to really piss me off, so many seemingly uneducated people trying so hard to act like they are smart. Fucking BS!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-19-2017), p1l0t (06-19-2017), soulreapersteve (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 04:03 AM   #32765
gramicci101
Off Topic

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,243 Times in 2,170 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
It seems almost necessary to have a credit card and use it regularly if you want decent credit. Just make sure to not use very much of it and never miss a payment.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gramicci101 For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-19-2017), krayzie (06-19-2017), p1l0t (06-19-2017), soulreapersteve (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 05:34 AM   #32766
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
It seems almost necessary to have a credit card and use it regularly if you want decent credit. Just make sure to not use very much of it and never miss a payment.
Pretty much.
I have 2 that I alternate between for every purchase I make and pay them off each month. My credit is usually around 770-790ish.
I also end up with around $500 in rewards for doing literally nothing at the end of the year.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:24 AM   #32767
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
If you want, you can read my reply to humfrz to read the rant.

Thanks! You can read my long rant of what causing the stress in reply to humfrz

Thanks, I might take up on the offer. This isn't nothing embargo, so I'll rant it off here.

So recently my mother went back to Japan, due to grandfather wasn't doing so hot. When she came back, she told me grandfather requested several things from me.
1. Get married this yr. Not sure ive posted this news, but back in May I got engaged. We were planning to getting married next yr fall (like Sept)... but now that idea is thrown out of window. Yes, it's just grandfather's "wish" & don't have much right to say... but I'm Asian & he's a head of house/family (on my mother side) & if he say so, 99% gotta do it. Good part to this is cuz it's his idea, so he'll help pay for the wedding.
2. Moving out. My deal at current place is over & need to move out in July. So I was looking into some single room to live minimal to save up for wedding... but cuz of #1, that plan doesn't work, so now I'm looking for both of us to live.

If you're wondering what my fiancé thinks of getting married this yr, she's fine w it... just figure out wedding, moving & other stuff stressing her out too. Specially her side of family want to have a big enough reception to eat, drink & have a good time, which I'm not against.

Other stress stuff I've been working.
4. 86EXPO. Event is Aug 19th... so right now is a crunch time. Good thing I have a 4 other event staffs to help me out, but still anxiety kills me to make sure event is successful. Highly doubt Hachi gonna kill me, but don't wanna disappoint him.
6. Dumbfck friend. Not sure I wanna call him a "friend"... let's say guy I used to know. I guess he did something bad or in massive debt and is on the run. Several collection agents & cops have been calling asking for him. I haven't seen him for more than 8 yrs, but he have used my name as a reference without my permission, so they're bugging the crap out of me. Most of them stop calling me... but it was over few wks of nightmare.

So this is why I'm over stressed. I'm sure you have been in worse spot than me. Just want to rant it off. Sorry

Btw when you coming to Utah?
Wow that's a lot going on. Very stressful for sure. And even the good stuff, there is good stress and bad stress but it is all stress believe it or not the good parts of it only add to your stress level. I can't do much about your life, although you seem to be handling it appropriately anyway, but my advice would be just to make small victories where you can. Whenever I take on something(s) overwhelming I just figure out which parts I can solve easily and just do it. Even if it's small bits at a time it adds up eventually and soon you will look back and just shrug your shoulders at how much you have accomplished. Don't forget too that each little thing you fix takes something off your plate which allows you more time and energy to attack what is left and it adds up exponentially.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Cole (06-19-2017), ichitaka05 (06-19-2017), krayzie (06-19-2017), nikitopo (06-19-2017), soulreapersteve (06-19-2017), Tcoat (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #32768
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Wow that's a lot going on. Very stressful for sure. And even the good stuff, there is good stress and bad stress but it is all stress believe it or not the good parts of it only add to your stress level. I can't do much about your life, although you seem to be handling it appropriately anyway, but my advice would be just to make small victories where you can. Whenever I take on something(s) overwhelming I just figure out which parts I can solve easily and just do it. Even if it's small bits at a time it adds up eventually and soon you will look back and just shrug your shoulders at how much you have accomplished. Don't forget too that each little thing you fix takes something off your plate which allows you more time and energy to attack what is left and it adds up exponentially.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
This ^

And ichi, talk to the other Mods and ask them to pull their weight here for a while. There is no need for you and Guff to try to do it all on your own and we all know that this place sucks up your time.
ichitaka05 (06-19-2017), nikitopo (06-19-2017), p1l0t (06-19-2017), soulreapersteve (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #32769
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Thanks everyone. Rant it off last night & went to bed, so feel a lot better. I'll refocus and tackle one at a time... first, work project. Request to fire those 2 staffs or replace those 2 staffs lol
Old 06-19-2017, 10:20 AM   #32770
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
@ichitaka05

I'm planning to arrive in SLC on day 7, so the 28th.

Word of warning if you do want to meet up, I'm super shy in person. But after a beer or two, I become quite the chatterbox.
The Twins make me smile
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (06-19-2017), p1l0t (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #32771
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
Yea they do that on purpose to get people into the game. I was basically told that when I got my first checking account and credit card from my local bank when going into university. I had zero credit history at the time and didn't even need anyone to co-sign.

Then during the first week in school, I saw people trying to sell credit cards left right and center throughout the campus. It was a crazy scene.

Back in high school I knew someone that got into credit card debt buying re-issue and masterpiece Transformers. I tried to show him what is compound interest but he wouldn't understand.
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 10:35 AM   #32772
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Yea they do that on purpose to get people into the game. I was basically told that when I got my first checking account and credit card from my local bank when going into university. I had zero credit history at the time and didn't even need anyone to co-sign.

Then during the first week in school, I saw people trying to sell credit cards left right and center throughout the campus. It was a crazy scene.

Back in high school I knew someone that got into credit card debt buying re-issue and masterpiece Transformers. I tried to show him what is compound interest but he wouldn't understand.
I walk into Canadian Tire and see that damned kiosk set up I panic a bit. What part of "I already have a CT card" do they not get?
krayzie (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #32773
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
headed up to Montreal tomorrow. tips? my French is pretty terrible. haven't spoken more than a few words in over a decade.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #32774
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
@ichitaka05

I'm planning to arrive in SLC on day 7, so the 28th.

Word of warning if you do want to meet up, I'm super shy in person. But after a beer or two, I become quite the chatterbox.
Sorry, I didn't read all the detail, so which month's 28th? Don't worry, we all are shy (to certain extend), we'll just have dinner, drink & chat around bout stuff.
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis