follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
gt86init
yoimlevinit

Drives: gt86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wheel offset post pics!

hey ladies and gents!

i wasnt sure but since all the wheel topics are all over the place i wanted to post something specifically determines the offset differences and more importantly how much each.. will bring the wheel in or out of the center of the car. (if this make sense) please post pics in a side angle... thanks in advance!

angle example..

gt86init is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gt86init For This Useful Post:
dori. (07-06-2012)
Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
notFRS

Drives: BRZ Sport-tech
So what you want is a database of different widths and offsets?

There are already 2 threads for this (stickies) that should have a pretty good list of whatever size and offset you're wanting, Its slow to get updated now, but only because there are limited people running aftermarket wheels. More people post in those threads and the database grows.
notFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
gt86init
yoimlevinit

i wanted it more concentrated at these angles with the description of the wheels.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
Hayashi

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
as much as this seams like its the same as those other threads, its not. You can get a general idea but a lot of those pictures are taken at angles that you have no idea how much or how little it is sticking out or how close they are to the fender.

The other hard thing is that a lot of people have rims, but no drop which is very deceiving if you plan on dropping the car. I've been researching for days trying to find the right width and offset I want to get because I am possibly ordering custom wheels.

I think I settled on a 18x9 + 38 though haha

I support this thread
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
Stu baru
Official Cobb beer knurd

Drives: 2013 BRZ-L MT SWP
This site might help you a bit, just set the stock and desired parameters for wheels 1 & 2 respectively to get a line drawing rendition of the outcome. The only figure I didn't know since I'm still waiting on my car is the hub-to-fender measurement. I calculated it by subtracting the offset from half the rim width (in mm) and then added 15mm based on that excellent Perrin write-up on the car where they actually measured that. Not precise, but close enough for some rough modeling.

http://www.jonathanrowny.com/page/offset-calculator
Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
gt86init
yoimlevinit

Thanks Stu baru for the tips! im thinking of a staggered setup but not sure about the offset thats why.. i was leaning on 18x8.5 offset ? fronts and 19x9 rears offset ?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
by my 'in the head' calcs I think the range of

8 to 8.5 inches wide and
+35 to +40 offset is going to be optimal, going by stock specs
for example, from another thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalscionchamp View Post
I am running TSW Nurburgring 18x8 with +35 and they are completely flush...super happy with them...using that same tire size mentioned too....more grip with lighter weight is amazing!!!

I think with a drop 9" wide would work. 9.5 might be pushing it.

But that's just from what I've been seeing, gotta wait until I have my car to do real testing.

But I agree though, anyone that takes pics of their car with new wheels should have the same low angle shot that's displayed in the OP

edit: @Stu baru are your calcs for the hub-to-fender measurement correct, because when I plug the value into the offset calculator you provided (using stock wheel/tire combo) it shows stock as being sunk by only 2.4mm! Which we know isn't true. So am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by dori.; 07-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
gt86init
yoimlevinit

good reference.. As i am trying to achieve a semi stock offset but at the same time i dont want it too flush.. Thanks dori!!