follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 07-04-2020, 06:43 PM   #15
skylinekin

Drives: 22 GR86, 13 FRS, 15 BRZ, 13 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcranston View Post
Ergo, or Ergo II (wider and taller version)?
I had the Ergo 2 in a different car and can agree it was a large seat especially in the back and shoulders. Those are very tall and dont fit so well in this chassis compared to the regular Ergo.

Both seats are out of production now so you would have to find old stock or used.
skylinekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:34 PM   #16
gcranston

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinekin View Post
I had the Ergo 2 in a different car and can agree it was a large seat especially in the back and shoulders. Those are very tall and dont fit so well in this chassis compared to the regular Ergo.

Both seats are out of production now so you would have to find old stock or used.

Oh I've found some stock. They're still out there. I don't think the regular Ergo is tall enough for me, in particular the shoulder belt openings.
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:33 PM   #17
Evan55

Drives: 06 Exige, 17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcranston View Post
Ergo, or Ergo II (wider and taller version)?
regular

Seat fit is a personal thing. Its always best to walk around the paddock at your next event and ask to try other people's seats (ok maybe not during covidpocalypse)

Some people like them loose more like a street car seat. Personally, I find a snug fit much better on track.

Last edited by Evan55; 07-21-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Evan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:55 AM   #18
gcranston

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan55 View Post
regular

Seat fit is a personal thing. Its always best to walk around the paddock at your next event and ask to try other people's seats (ok maybe not during covidpocalypse)

Some people like them loose more like a street car seat. Personally, I find a snug fit it much better on track.

I've sat in a half dozen seats around the paddock, and another half dozen at my local speed shop. I like a snug fit.

Thanks,
gcranston is offline   Reply With Quote