follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #3893
IvoryHammer

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone tried out the effectiveness of adding a tunnel brace similar to the ones BMW 2-series and Camaro uses?

I've tried searching for a simple plate brace which connects the tunnel, but I haven't seen one on this platform yet.

IvoryHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #3894
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,226 Times in 2,954 Posts
Mentioned: 302 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaXx View Post
hi friends

what camber bolts/crash bolt for top holes for the front coils

i have SPC in the bottom holes, id like to put eccentrics in the top holes too, a lot of people are talking about the OEM crash bolts, im not sure if i still have them from when i replaced the lowers. will the SPC bolts fit in the top holes too
links appreciated
If you've got eccentric bolts in the bottom hole, I usually just stick with the OEM crash bolt for the top. They're super cheap from the dealer if you need some.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:37 AM   #3895
Mr.GiF

Drives: Stock 2015 GT86 S
Hi guys,

Any help on my situation ?

[Hi guys,

i have ordered from 86speed some new wheels the Titan 7 T-S5 18x9.5 for my GT86, and was planing also to do a suspension upgrade to the car (since my old ones seams to be shot and for the fitment of the new wheels)

with the research i did on which coil-overs to get i wanted to keep a ride quality close to oem comfort and wont be going much lower than stock for the street since in my country we have nice and juicy potholes.

i do some auto cross but mostly very very spirited driving (our police is checking their snap chat most of the time and do not bother chasing anybody since they installed speed cameras, but they will fine you for window tinting )

so i wanted to get the Tein Flex A CSG Spec as they seam to fit what i want from a coil-over

the problem is that i cant find a place that sells them and ship internationally (i live in Saudi Arabia)

so dose anybody knows a way for me to get them, with reasonable shipping, or suggest an alternative to them?

this is my first mod to the car since buying the car in 2015

Thank you][/QUOTE]

@CSG Mike
Mr.GiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #3896
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,435 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Have you tried ordering from counterspacegarage own site? Though if you live in Saudi Arabia .. imho shipping something that heavy as complete coilover kit overseas will be rather expensive (also possible that shipping means can be affected by coilovers having parts with pressured gas. - can such be shipped over air at all? Or only via sea?). Not that simple with warranty & rebuilding, as for such work they will need to be shipped back. I'm sure that CSG Flex A is good product, but for cited above reasons imho their competitiveness, such as price, gets reduced, hence i'd think of something that you can find closer to you, with at least shipping over land. Eg. KW/ST/Bilstein. Or "normal" Flex A, as there is higher probability of finding closer located Tein dealership or reseller, that can sell those or maintain if needed.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:03 AM   #3897
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,166 Times in 6,828 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.GiF View Post
Hi guys,

Any help on my situation ?

[Hi guys,

i have ordered from 86speed some new wheels the Titan 7 T-S5 18x9.5 for my GT86, and was planing also to do a suspension upgrade to the car (since my old ones seams to be shot and for the fitment of the new wheels)

with the research i did on which coil-overs to get i wanted to keep a ride quality close to oem comfort and wont be going much lower than stock for the street since in my country we have nice and juicy potholes.

i do some auto cross but mostly very very spirited driving (our police is checking their snap chat most of the time and do not bother chasing anybody since they installed speed cameras, but they will fine you for window tinting )

so i wanted to get the Tein Flex A CSG Spec as they seam to fit what i want from a coil-over

the problem is that i cant find a place that sells them and ship internationally (i live in Saudi Arabia)

so dose anybody knows a way for me to get them, with reasonable shipping, or suggest an alternative to them?

this is my first mod to the car since buying the car in 2015

Thank you]
@CSG Mike[/QUOTE]

They can be shipped internationally. PM me your address and I'll get you a quote.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:49 PM   #3898
Danny318

Drives: 2019 BRZ
For track only, on a car that only has rce springs on stock pp shocks:

How much camber is probably too much in the front? Too much being that it decreases braking/straight line performance and or the tire does not actually make full contact with the road during a corner.
Danny318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #3899
Racecomp Engineering

Depends a lot on the tire. With an extra sticky tire, up to -4.5 or enough that you might have tire/spring clearance issues before too much camber issues depending on how you're doing adjustments and tire size.

- Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
Danny318 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 01:56 PM   #3900
TwinFTW

Drives: 17 BRZ w/PP & 08 STI
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My Pedders top mounts just came in, so I'll be installing them tonight along with a set of SPC 81305 camber bolts tonight and getting them aligned on Thursday... will report back.

Pro tip: the pedders top mounts are sold as singles so you need to order two... ask me how I know.
TwinFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:02 PM   #3901
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,084 Times in 1,435 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Sorry to hear that. I hope shipping of 2nd one won't take too long
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:16 PM   #3902
Mr.GiF

Drives: Stock 2015 GT86 S
@churchx I tried it was giving me an auto response of not able to calculate shipping, well on trying to buy it locally this will be impossible when you live in a country that consider any mod to the car even if its small you will get fined and towed ( example ask any American mussel car owner about the stripes on their car that come from factory)
almost no retailers in my country some neighboring in the gulf do carry KW but they don't repair them, they send them back to Germany to be rebuilt.
my last option is to ship it through a post forwarder and pay with body parts.
Mr.GiF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:02 AM   #3903
ninzuh

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Hi All, long time lurker.

I recently purchased a 2013 FRS with 88k. This is my daily driver and a street car first.

In addition to a full OEM bushing refresh, I purchased a set of dampers from a 2019 BRZ (non PP) with less than 5k on them and I'm planning to pair them with RCE yellows.

Given this setup, is there anything else I "need" for an improved street car? Camber bolts and rear LCA for alignment adjustability?

Appreciate any and all help.
ninzuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:51 AM   #3904
Racecomp Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninzuh View Post
Hi All, long time lurker.

I recently purchased a 2013 FRS with 88k. This is my daily driver and a street car first.

In addition to a full OEM bushing refresh, I purchased a set of dampers from a 2019 BRZ (non PP) with less than 5k on them and I'm planning to pair them with RCE yellows.

Given this setup, is there anything else I "need" for an improved street car? Camber bolts and rear LCA for alignment adjustability?

Appreciate any and all help.
That'll be a good combo.

The front 14mm OEM bolts are a really good idea for a daily driver.

Rear LCAs are not 100% necessary, but really nice to have to get the alignment perfect.

- Andrew
Old 09-24-2020, 01:02 PM   #3905
ninzuh

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
That'll be a good combo.

The front 14mm OEM bolts are a really good idea for a daily driver.

Rear LCAs are not 100% necessary, but really nice to have to get the alignment perfect.

- Andrew
Appreciate the input. May go with Whiteline rear LCA's additionally so I can get that "perfect" alignment then. Would like to keep the car as OEM or OEM+ as possible.
ninzuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #3906
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,291 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninzuh View Post
Given this setup, is there anything else I "need" for an improved street car? Camber bolts and rear LCA for alignment adjustability,
For a street-only car you don't really need those.
Camber bolts are cheap though, so given that you'll need alignment anyways, it's a no brainer to put them on while you're at it. I recommend SPC 81305, available on Amazon Prime.

Rear LCAs are not needed if you don't do a lot of track/autox — assuming your rear subframe isn't out of whack, causing dramatically asymmetric camber.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote