follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #57
beastman5

Drives: non
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
KW C30 unsure if its the -94 but it has the all silver casing not the black casing that some have. The kit is off the car, all the bolts/screws removed from the unit except for the impeller(dont want to risk taking it off because I dont want to break the sunshaft) and the bolt in question .

I have taken off the pulley that the belt usually is attached. Under that pulley is a metal ring with 6 holes around it (that the pulley bolts into) and inside that ring is a larger allen head bolt. That is the bolt that I cannot remove. If i spin it the impeller spins on the other side, if i hold the ring with a plier (like you did with the counter spin tool) the bolt is stuck and no amount of torque takes it off (tried impact gun).

Should i hit the unit with a mallet to try to seperate the unit a bit? or do I have to loosen that bolt first regardless
beastman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:00 PM   #58
poormansr

Drives: Japanese
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
U have Mail. Check yoour Private Messages..
poormansr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #59
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poormansr View Post
U have Mail. Check yoour Private Messages..
Well that isn't suspicious at all!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #60
poormansr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Well that isn't suspicious at all!

lol its to the original poster..

im rebuilding a rotrex c30-84 and i wanted to ask him questions. and also ask if he had his original pictures he posted up. since those are down now..

LOL sorry i wasnt trying to be a wierdo LOL

guess what.. Check ur messages LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to poormansr For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 07:33 PM   #61
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
lol its to the original poster..

im rebuilding a rotrex c30-84 and i wanted to ask him questions. and also ask if he had his original pictures he posted up. since those are down now..

LOL sorry i wasnt trying to be a wierdo LOL

guess what.. Check ur messages LOL
LOL! Good. You have no idea how many people appear with one post and say "send me a PM". 99% of them end up being something shady.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:34 PM   #62
poormansr

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastman5 View Post
KW C30 unsure if its the -94 but it has the all silver casing not the black casing that some have. The kit is off the car, all the bolts/screws removed from the unit except for the impeller(dont want to risk taking it off because I dont want to break the sunshaft) and the bolt in question .

I have taken off the pulley that the belt usually is attached. Under that pulley is a metal ring with 6 holes around it (that the pulley bolts into) and inside that ring is a larger allen head bolt. That is the bolt that I cannot remove. If i spin it the impeller spins on the other side, if i hold the ring with a plier (like you did with the counter spin tool) the bolt is stuck and no amount of torque takes it off (tried impact gun).

Should i hit the unit with a mallet to try to seperate the unit a bit? or do I have to loosen that bolt first regardless

i was actually stuck on this part last week. Mine came with a KW 85mm Pulley. 6 small hex holding the Pulley to the Hub Adapter. the Hub adapter is Bolted down to the SC with 1 large Hex Bolt. That Bolt is a Pain in the ass checks.

I first tried making a Pulley Tool out of Aluminum , i thought it would be Strong enough. I tried my dewelt cordless brushless battery powdered Impact gun and Nothing. It wasnt strong enough..

so i charged up my air compressor and used a air gun at 120 Psi.. It destroyed the aluminum Pulley tool..

what i did was use a Old Oem Honda Tow Hook made out of Steel. I redrilled Holes for the Puley Tool. Then their was a Hole big enough to fit a 3/8 drive Breaker Bar. I used the air tool and Bam.. the Hex Bolt came Loose..

Last edited by poormansr; 01-27-2020 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:40 PM   #63
poormansr

Does anyone Know what Material the Impeller Shaft - Sun Shaft is made out of ?

nevermind that question. Im gonna end up Sanding down that 10.5 Oil Seal shaft section of the impeller Sun shaft down to a 10mm.. So i can find a more common oil seal of 10x21x5.

10.5 x 21 x 5 Oil seal is only made by one company SOG aka SO Giant. Ive tried emailing them. They said No. I found a company that wil reproduce custom size oil seals. I gave them that size and they said No. Even though i know someone who used them and made 4 oil seals in that Off size.

Lets say i wanted a Custom impeller Shaft made.. Who would i go to ? what type of Business would even do it ?
Oem rotrex Impeller Shaft - sun shaft

custom Made impeller shaft , looks like its 10-10.5 all the way through to the threads. Looks way stronger then the factory size of 7mm and 8mm

Last edited by poormansr; 01-28-2020 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #64
beastman5

Drives: non
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Does anyone Know what Material the Impeller Shaft - Sun Shaft is made out of ?

nevermind that question. Im gonna end up Sanding down that 10.5 Oil Seal shaft section of the impeller Sun shaft down to a 10mm.. So i can find a more common oil seal of 10x21x5.

10.5 x 21 x 5 Oil seal is only made by one company SOG aka SO Giant. Ive tried emailing them. They said No. I found a company that wil reproduce custom size oil seals. I gave them that size and they said No. Even though i know someone who used them and made 4 oil seals in that Off size.

Lets say i wanted a Custom impeller Shaft made.. Who would i go to ? what type of Business would even do it ?
Oem rotrex Impeller Shaft - sun shaft

custom Made impeller shaft , looks like its 10-10.5 all the way through to the threads. Looks way stronger then the factory size of 7mm and 8mm

How did you guys remove the 6 bearings off the 3 rollers? My bearings seem so stuck no matter what I try pulling or prying with.
beastman5 is offline   Reply With Quote