follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-17-2017, 06:38 PM   #1
Tedderple

Drives: 2015 FRS Halo (White)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Drift Office in Aubern, Washington

TL;DR SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN

When I purchased my FR-S last year in April, I started poking around the interwebs for information to get more oomph out of the engine.

At first, I landed with the Open Flash Tablet from Shiv. At this point, my car was totally stock. Nothing added, no weight reduction, running the highest possible octane I can get from around my area.

I then flashed stage 1 (not stage 2 as I still had a catted header). At this point, I only had the butt dyno to rely on. I couldn't really notice if it was any better, or if the flash was just a placebo effect that made me believe the car was more responsive. Dynos around the forum did show some gains though.

Fast forward a few months later, I was wanting more power and was looking for catless headers. I found someone posting on our local FT86Vancouver group -- Bob from Drift Office.

At first, I was reluctant to switch from the OFT offering to the ECUTEK that Bob offers as it was pricier and appealed to me less as I love tinkering with stuff (OFT gave me the ability to tinker on my own, switch to different off-the-shelf maps, and see logs)

After doing more research in the forums, I decided to take a leap of faith and leave everything to Bob @ Drift Office. I got a catless UEL header (Gruppe-S) and a street tune at first (since Drift Office was located 3 hours away). There was significantly more torque, and the torque dip has been minimized. The car had more grunt now, but it did not satisfy me for long.

Fast forward again to a few months later, while learning that power is an addiction, I got an E85 flex fuel kit from Bob. I went down this time to his shop as a street-tune was not the smartest thing to do with a mod this big. It was night and day. Running his pro-dyno-tune, everything was smooth as butter (even smoother with E85). It was a great experience to do spirited runs, all the while with a big grin on my face.

This didn't last long either as I started wanting more -- this led to boost. As the naggy type of person that I am, I kept bugging Bob about all the mods, how they worked, and the stupid stuff that people in the forum would backhand me for asking. Bob, with his great customer service, would reply to all my stupidity and questions while educating me as much as possible.

AGAIN fast forward to the turbo install and tuning.
I left my car with Bob at his office, and he told me it would be done in two weeks. (He was also working with an Edelbrock supercharger install and tune)
During this time, my car decided to show its teeth and try to cause trouble (car battery died and Bob had my car towed back to his shop at his cost, my intec high-mount brake fell, my side mirror glass fell).

In addition to the problems above, the shipment for my overpipe and front pipe from AVO was delayed and didn't make it in time. Bob took care of this and ordered a front pipe ASAP so that my car would be back on the promised date (I was lucky I had a perrin overpipe as backup in my trunk).

After everything was all done and complete, Bob messaged me to make sure everything was A-OK, that I'm alive (with great power comes great responsibility), and that I was enjoying the boost.

His customer service is top notch, he will answer you till you are satisfied with the mods you are doing, and will tell you his honest opinions on each kit.

TL;DR
10/10 Great shop. Bob will personally ensure you're happy with his work, with your experience on the car, and provide great coffee at his office.

I went from NA -> NA UEL -> NA Flex Fuel -> AVO turbo with Flex Fuel

Every step along the way, Bob ensured that there were no issues and that I was extremely happy with the car.

If you have a BRZ/FR-S/Toyota 86/GT86 and are in the Pacific North West, hit him up @Drift-Office .

He also does WRX/STI/350z/370z and much more.
AVO Turbo with FlexFuel| Perrin 2.75" CAI(gone) | Now: Perrin 3" Catback | MXP Comp RS Catback(gone) | Magnaflow Catback(gone) | Gruppe-S UEL Headers (gone) | 18x7.5 TE37 on Firehawk Indy500 225/40/18 | Valenti Tail Lights | Drift-Office Tuned 220whp-350whp
Tedderple is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tedderple For This Useful Post:
-Phil (04-02-2017), bcj (01-17-2017), Clipdat (01-19-2017), Drift-Office (01-27-2017), kalam (01-17-2017), soulreapersteve (01-19-2017), Teseo (01-18-2017), TofuJoe (01-17-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Bob at Drift-Office is my man! He's cool guy that doesn't BS around with you. I would recommend to anyone without any hesitation!
Old 01-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Bob's a cool guy! He attends our monthly meets and is always willing to answer any car related questions, especially when it comes to tuning and FI.

Have a few buddies who got tuned from him, they loving the results.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Drift-Office (01-27-2017), Tedderple (01-27-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
Chen
Regional Moderator

Drives: 13' ZN6 / 00' AP1 / 20' A90/ 15 EVO
Thanked 1,275 Times in 854 Posts
Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I second bob. He's a great guy. I live in Portland and whenever I head to Seattle to visit. I always try and make it out his way to visit him at his shop just to bs and see what else he's working on. He's always been available via email/facebook. He even bought me and my girl lunch. It's nice to know we aren't just a business transaction and then forgotten about.
Chen is offline   Reply With Quote