follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 03-06-2021, 02:11 PM   #1
scion fr-s

Drives: 2017 PP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PCV Valve Question

Hello. Did some searching in forums but couldn’t find the answers I was looking for. I am wondering if anyone has done a WRX PCV valve or PCV valve delete NA? I am asking because I have gone through one already. What I mean is that when I shake the valve it does not rattle like it did when it was brand new. Also, something to note, I ran a WRX PCV valve and STI PCV valve when I had my FRS NA, but I want to do things right this time. Am I better off just getting an OEM one from Subaru? Feel free to chime in. TIA. Maybe @humfrz aka bubba can chime in haha
scion fr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scion fr-s For This Useful Post:
humfrz (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scion fr-s View Post
Hello. Did some searching in forums but couldn’t find the answers I was looking for. I am wondering if anyone has done a WRX PCV valve or PCV valve delete NA? I am asking because I have gone through one already. What I mean is that when I shake the valve it does not rattle like it did when it was brand new. Also, something to note, I ran a WRX PCV valve and STI PCV valve when I had my FRS NA, but I want to do things right this time. Am I better off just getting an OEM one from Subaru? Feel free to chime in. TIA. Maybe @humfrz aka bubba can chime in haha
Although it's Bubba's day off, he did respond, although he was bad hung over -

He suggested you soak the stuck PCV in warm coal oil for an hour, then turn the heat up to high and boil for one minute. After it cools down, shake it. If it rattles, its good to go, if not, it's time to pull one out of a junk yard (or buy a new store bought one).

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
scion fr-s (03-06-2021)
Old 03-06-2021, 03:56 PM   #3
scion fr-s

Drives: 2017 PP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Although it's Bubba's day off, he did respond, although he was bad hung over -

He suggested you soak the stuck PCV in warm coal oil for an hour, then turn the heat up to high and boil for one minute. After it cools down, shake it. If it rattles, its good to go, if not, it's time to pull one out of a junk yard (or buy a new store bought one).

Ahh shoot. I forgot Bubba doesn't work weekends. Thanks, Bubba for responding.
scion fr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scion fr-s For This Useful Post:
humfrz (03-06-2021)