follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine Swaps

Engine Swaps Discussion of engine swaps.

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2014, 03:57 AM   #15
rh9

Drives: red brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
It was $359 for myself. Return style, Walbro 485 pump (E85 compatible).

It's a decent kit, kind of finicky installing it, though.
so 359 including the fuel pump and everything I need to convert to return style ?

Does it not leak ? sealed properly ? no fuel smell ?
rh9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #16
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh9 View Post
so 359 including the fuel pump and everything I need to convert to return style ?

Does it not leak ? sealed properly ? no fuel smell ?
It'll be a few weeks before I start the car up but it seems alright at the moment. There's a CNC'd spacer it came with and I couldn't get the pump installed with it on, I emailed @FullBlown to see where it goes exactly :x
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
rh9

Talked to chase bays and they told me to check the can wires that connect from the aem to the oem brz they werent connected ..so connected played with them and got the power steering and abs to work but the key security started to blind yellow instead of green ..all the gauge lights sent off n they keyless entry stopped working lol
Old 11-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #18
slicktop

Quote:
Talked to chase bays and they told me to check the can wires that connect from the aem to the oem brz they werent connected ..so connected played with them and got the power steering and abs to work but the key security started to blind yellow instead of green ..all the gauge lights sent off n they keyless entry stopped working lol
One step closer, my friend! If it were easy, it would just be 'the way'.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #19
Drift&Drag
TURBOLICIOUS

Drives: a machine :]
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift&Drag View Post
Just curious, how many things did you have to alter? Not doubting you rewired anything wrong but did you double check everything? Are you able to pull any error codes from the car?
Quote:
Talked to chase bays and they told me to check the can wires that connect from the aem to the oem brz they werent connected ..so connected played with them and got the power steering and abs to work
Just as I suspected.
Drift&Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:58 AM   #20
rh9

Quote:
Just as I suspected.
The mistake is chase bays not mine..im correcting what was supposed to be plug and play
Old 11-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #21
Drift&Drag
TURBOLICIOUS

Drives: a machine :]
Thank you for clarifying @rh9

Quote:
The mistake is chase bays not mine..im correcting what was supposed to be plug and play
@Chase Bays - Can you tell us what all needs to be modified?

@slicktop, @OmarGC, and I are about to install the CB harnesses into our cars and do not want to run into the same issues as @rh9. It is also good for others to know what to look out for.
Drift&Drag is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drift&Drag For This Useful Post:
OmarGC (11-26-2014), slicktop (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #22
slicktop

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying @rh9

@Chase Bays - Can you tell us what all needs to be modified?

@slicktop, @OmarGC, and I are about to install the CB harnesses into our cars and do not want to run into the same issues as @rh9. It is also good for others to know what to look out for.
In the next few weeks I should know what's up.

@Chase Bays
Old 11-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #23
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
In the next few weeks I should know what's up.

@Chase Bays

Time permitting I guess I'll find out early Dec lol

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #24
Chase Bays

Drives: FR-S | 335i | S13
Thanks for the heads up on this folks. There is no reason for this to blow up or get into "he said he said" stuff. We've been doing this since 2007 so we can solve this no problem. The issue is already clear.

I've been slow at replying because I was in the hospital with a partially collapsed lung. Although I have other knowledgeable guys in house I am the only one that can provide tech support for this. We let customers know there would be a delay, just doing my best here in what I'm dealing with.

With different CAN signals and multiple DTC's popping up, you're going to have some funky issues. Electronic Power Steering/EPS relies on ABS/Vehicle Speed CAN signals in order to function properly. This setup needs ECUTEK to turn off those DTC's and functions This setup needs ECUTEK to turn off those DTC's and functions as well as immobilizer "lock outs". We asked for codes to this customer but he said he hadn't checked them because he didn't have ECUTEK.

I suggested that he get ECUTEK but nothing was said back. I know there was a misunderstanding on our part because I told him to hold out until he tried something I instructed. He did it and it worked to fix the EPS and ABS but he still had some other issues with the key lock out/immobilizer. The fact of the matter is, you've got to get ECUTEK. I apologize if this wasn't made clear on our site, but its bold and at the top of the FR-S/BRZ to JZ product description on our site.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #25
slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Thanks for the heads up on this folks. There is no reason for this to blow up or get into "he said he said" stuff. We've been doing this since 2007 so we can solve this no problem. The issue is already clear.

I've been slow at replying because I was in the hospital with a partially collapsed lung. Although I have other knowledgeable guys in house I am the only one that can provide tech support for this. We let customers know there would be a delay, just doing my best here in what I'm dealing with.

With different CAN signals and multiple DTC's popping up, you're going to have some funky issues. Electronic Power Steering/EPS relies on ABS/Vehicle Speed CAN signals in order to function properly. This setup needs ECUTEK to turn off those DTC's and functions This setup needs ECUTEK to turn off those DTC's and functions as well as immobilizer "lock outs". We asked for codes to this customer but he said he hadn't checked them because he didn't have ECUTEK.

I suggested that he get ECUTEK but nothing was said back. I know there was a misunderstanding on our part because I told him to hold out until he tried something I instructed. He did it and it worked to fix the EPS and ABS but he still had some other issues with the key lock out/immobilizer. The fact of the matter is, you've got to get ECUTEK. I apologize if this wasn't made clear on our site, but its bold and at the top of the FR-S/BRZ to JZ product description on our site.
Don't know why I hadn't seen that before. Here goes another few hundred $$$. Gotta pay to play!
The Following User Says Thank You to slicktop For This Useful Post:
Chase Bays (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 11:32 PM   #26
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Lol I sold my ecutek cable before buying a harness... Welp

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:36 AM   #27
rh9

I connected the aems CAN H wire to CAN H on the brz oem ecu and CAN L was grounded and EPS AND ABS worked ..but the immobilizer stopped working

I bought a racepak dash to the oem dash isnt as important now, I need need EPS AND ABS and keyless entry and the rest is sorted ..

is there any other software to read and clear codes ?
Old 11-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #28
crazyfrenchbiker
Hot Lava 6MT

Drives: Hot Lava FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post

Get well soon. Thanks for taking the time to update the thread.
crazyfrenchbiker is offline   Reply With Quote