follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #183
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNS View Post
These thread tags are awesome. Let's make them awesomer.
Agreed, I contributed:
blame everyone else
opps I did it again
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #184
Richard Cranium
Ted

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
You're getting so upset at this forum for what everyone has said...yet in reality, you could take your OP, put it on literally any other forum out there and the results will be exactly the same or worse.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #185
WorldRallyBlueBRZ

Drives: World Rally Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Your dad enables you to keep acting the way you do on the road. With all those tickets you should really reconsider the way you behave on the road for your safety and the safety of others....How do you still have a drivers license?
WorldRallyBlueBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #186
tomato88

Drives: Mazda 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
One of my cousins was in a similar situation, and while he was driving without his license, he killed himself in an accident at 30mph. Yes, 30mph. Anyone can get to that speed with only a few strokes of throttle, but it was enough to kill him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetheegyptian View Post
All you people joking about my misfortune...
You mean "misconduct?" Huge difference there. If you have had only 1 or 2 minor accidents or tickets for the last 5 years and then all of sudden wrecked your car, that'd be a misfortune. After 15 tickets and 4 accidents, I don't see how fortune has anything to do with it. Instead of sympathizing yourself and calling all who make fun of you a-holes, spend some time criticizing yourself and put an effort to drive safely. You are young. You have decades ahead of you to correct yourself.

Quote:
that's the reason I got this car..to get me to college.
That '91 Camry your parents offered would've achieved the same thing: Getting you from point A to B, and well, wrecking.

Quote:
Don't tell me to leave space, 2 of the accidents involved someone cutting me off and slamming on the brakes to make a turn.
The point of leaving space in front of you is so that you have safe distance to stop when someone cuts you off and slams on the brakes. If you knew you had bad brakes and left more space, those accidents never happened. I mean, why wouldn't you? You love your car and don't want to hurt her.

Now to provide you a solution: You can't afford a good car, or any car, either financially or mentally. I suggest you to not drive at all. Use the public transportation, or get a carpool from a friend -- a friend with a clean driving record -- and learn how they drive.
tomato88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomato88 For This Useful Post:
ozne99 (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #187
ozne99

Drives: GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Go to hell. I work my ass off and just got promoted to assistant manager. I actually have to work for everything I have. Working 2 jobs at the mall isn't standing around. The only reason I put up with the jobs was because I get to drive the beauty after/before/and in between shifts. Even if I somehow manage to keep the FR-S in an a year or 2, FUCK these forums, you are all a bunch of children
From the looks of things, you've made well over 20 mistakes, not including the times you haven't gotten caught.

Seriously, you say "fuck these forums", but you literally proved that you have no right driving, let alone purchase a FRS.

By age 20, I've gotten two speeding tickets for going 5 mph over. I have no fucking clue how the hell you managed to get 15 and cause 4 separate accidents. Do everyone a favor and stay off the road until you actually learn from your mistakes and learn how to take responsibility without having your dad help you out.

BTW, get a better job. If you're really a full time student, you can find an internship that can pay twice as much as minimum wage and you'll work less.
ozne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #188
Ryuu0u
(=^・ェ・^=)

Drives: 2013 FRS, '08 GSXR 600
Damn I can't believe I read/skimmed all of that! So how does that Camry sound about now? To behonest you kind of dug your self in a hole because you focused on what you wanted so bad that you didn't really take everything into account. I admire that you are working hard for the car and what you have but you really needed to analyze things. If you couldn't afford the proper insurance and coverage for the vehicle and have to work your self to death just to keep it then it really wasn't the right decision. On top of that I can't even begin to understand your driving record. I learned to drive when I was 12 and have had only one accident since then which was just backing up into a car that I couldn't see out of the back of my dads truck.(shameful I know) With such a bad history why did you think a brand new sports car that you can barely afford was right for you? I'm not sure about your options but I think the car is going to have to go and you're going to have to drive whatever reliable econo box till you get things sorted out. You sound like you can pull things together.

Good Luck
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #189
slicktop

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS 2JZ-GTE/V160 swapped
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Go to hell. I work my ass off and just got promoted to assistant manager. I actually have to work for everything I have. Working 2 jobs at the mall isn't standing around. The only reason I put up with the jobs was because I get to drive the beauty after/before/and in between shifts. Even if I somehow manage to keep the FR-S in an a year or 2, FUCK these forums, you are all a bunch of children
I'm guessing you were driving responsibly when you REAR ENDED SOMEONE.

a) following too close
b) not paying attention

If you do manage to keep the car, we surely will miss the lols.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, or should I say, don't hit the door on your way out. Later.
slicktop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slicktop For This Useful Post:
Giccin (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #190
SloS14

Drives: 2013 FR-S whiteout
Quote:
I drove a hot red sports car for 7ish months and never got pulled over.
SloS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SloS14 For This Useful Post:
Giccin (05-21-2013), ozne99 (05-21-2013), Subie (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #191
Spd229

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how much of a hard worker you are.

You jumped into a situation without covering your ass, any decision takes work and patience....you only had half of that. Doesn't matter how hard you work; if you make decisions with no margin for error this happens. (kind of like how you rear ended the cars that cut you off. or drove a car with shitty brakes. I know people that've driven cars nearly till they fall apart, but they took the appropriate caution as was best possible.)

I could go on, but eh, as brutal as these people may seem to you, you've brought it upon yourself and it all boils down to the two points I've provided you. Or could this simply be combined into self discipline? I think it can. Get some.

You've still got plenty to learn, you're young. Finish school and learn to plan more appropriately.......and drive.

edit:
damn that runner.

Thank you forum. I needed this.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #192
Brndn704

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Hey guys! I found him!
Brndn704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #193
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
OP: I know the replies to this thread are mostly immature/trolling, but the fact is most people posting here are right. You need to stop driving on public roads. I don't know how you haven't had your license revoked yet, but you should really look into public transportation and/or bicycle.
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #194
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Some background info:
-I'm 20 years old
-put all my money as a down payment ($5,000)
-I've had over 15 tickets and 4 wrecks (my fault) in the past 5 years. 3 of those tickets and 2 of the wrecks were in the past 3 years.
-Since I have a bad record, my dad has insurance on the car but I drive.
-I'm a full time student
-I work 55 hours a week making minimum wage.
-I've been leasing the FR-S for 7 months

So a few days ago I rear ended a car and caused 7k worth of damage to my love. Insurance is fixing the car but I will have to get my own insurance. I've gotten quotes at around $800 per month! As a student, I can't afford to pay over $1100 per month to drive this awesome car. Since this car is leased, what options do I have? I can't imagine working all summer to buy a POS Civic and still pay $300 per month for liability. I'd appreciate any kind of advice.
Wow.

You actually drive worse than the stereotypical Asian woman.

I also wouldn't even recommend getting a bicycle. I PERSONALLY think from what you posted you'd somehow cause an accident on a bicycle as well.

I'm not even sure if you're a safe walker from point A to point B.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Giccin For This Useful Post:
M-17 (05-21-2013), tomato88 (05-21-2013)
Old 05-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #195
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,185 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I can't believe there are people out there that are this bad at driving. It boggles the mind. My advice is:

-go a while without a car. Ride the bus, a scooter, bicycle, whatever for at least a year
-attend defensive driving courses (these are usually put on by the state, possibly for free)
-attend car control and/or high performance driving classes. these aren't cheap but it sounds like you greatly need these. also they are fun
-when you do get a car again and/or can afford one I recommend a 20 year old Civic or Integra. Fun (benign) handling in a car that isn't that fast.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #196
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
OP you dont deserve to have a license or drive a vehicle, your record is proof of that.

Sell the car and take the bus. You made your bed (20+ times) now lie in it.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#yolo, accident, angry mob, asleep at the wheel, blame everyone else, brain damage, bumpercarswoohoo, cool story bro, crash, darwin award, derp, drift king, female?, fml, insurance, internet advice, its just been revoked, jesus take the wheel, just went full retard, lease, lol tags, oops i did it again, pending ragequit, public transportation, rain man is driving, rear enders, shameful, spoiled, spoiled egyptian, spongebob, teenage girl asian, trading frs for camel, trans ams, what is this i dont even, wreck, wreck it ralph, wreck like an egyptian, wrecking bicycles, wreckreation, wtf