follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2022, 01:37 AM   #981
Xed32

Drives: '22 brz Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR View Post
TWS T66-F 18x8 on RT660 225/40. Bilstein B8/Swift Spec R with Cusco rear control arms. Wheels weigh 14.7 lbs each.
That's the fit I am looking for, though I still may have issues with my 3.2 front camber. That said, how is the ride?
Xed32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xed32 For This Useful Post:
PBR (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #982
PBR

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited 6 speed manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed32 View Post
That's the fit I am looking for, though I still may have issues with my 3.2 front camber. That said, how is the ride?
Ride quality is very good. Stiffer than stock but nice. Solid pairing thats not bouncy or crashy. Well damped. Wanted a "set it and forget it" set up. Very pleased and prefer this to a cheaper, twin tube coilover like a Tein Flex Z ��
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PBR For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 10:55 AM   #983
Xed32

Drives: '22 brz Sport-Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR View Post
Ride quality is very good. Stiffer than stock but nice. Solid pairing thats not bouncy or crashy. Well damped. Wanted a "set it and forget it" set up. Very pleased and prefer this to a cheaper, twin tube coilover like a Tein Flex Z ��
Thank you. It looks perfect. May I also recommend pedders offset top hats and the MCA traction mod to round that out. I have those so far and am amazed by the handling improvement ( along with camber bolts). I guess if I switch from the camber bolts to something like the Vorshlag camber plates with OEM perches I can run an 8.5 " wide rim with 245\35 tires while still running decent camber with the b8\spec R combo. Possibly a different front swaybar way down the line.
Xed32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Xed32 For This Useful Post:
PBR (06-14-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 01:03 PM   #984
PBR

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited 6 speed manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed32 View Post
Thank you. It looks perfect. May I also recommend pedders offset top hats and the MCA traction mod to round that out. I have those so far and am amazed by the handling improvement ( along with camber bolts). I guess if I switch from the camber bolts to something like the Vorshlag camber plates with OEM perches I can run an 8.5 " wide rim with 245\35 tires while still running decent camber with the b8\spec R combo. Possibly a different front swaybar way down the line.
I'm adding Raceseng camber plates soon 👍
PBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 04:18 PM   #985
jvincent

Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Thanked 1,410 Times in 715 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Did my first oil change and installed my Fumoto valve today.

I put back on the extra cover plate. I'll have to decide if I leave it off the next time I change the oil.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jvincent For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (06-16-2022)
Old 06-14-2022, 09:58 PM   #986
Panda Grahams

Drives: '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Finally got the coils, LCAs, and alignment done. Whew, this car is a blast and looks great! The STI trim bits have finally arrived at the dealership, too! Getting those installed next week. Heading to the mountains this weekend for some twisties.
Panda Grahams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Panda Grahams For This Useful Post:
joemysterio (06-15-2022), Wally86 (06-15-2022)
Old 06-15-2022, 12:05 PM   #987
joemysterio

Drives: Mini
Good news about your STI trim pieces arriving at the dealer! I've been waiting for months for mine, I have one getting shipped directly to me, the rest for pick up. The one for delivery has been getting pushed back forever now.. currently eta for that is June 30.
joemysterio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:45 PM   #988
dragoontwo

Drives: 22 BRZ limited
Poly f+r sway bar bushings and rear endlinks. Grimmspeed inlet tube. RCE SS-1 on standby.
dragoontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 07:32 PM   #989
Grif

Drives: BRZ 2nd gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaesu View Post
So the legamax exhaust finally came in! There was a ~5week delay but after there was stock it was shipped super fast (Shoutout to japanparts for the amazing customer service).

Install was a breeze - everything lined up perfectly. Maybe took about 30mins to do including setup and cleanup.

Onto the good stuff. The exhaust has all the deep/low bass the car was lacking previously. It's there in the background in the lower rev range but tapers off around 3k. Under normal cruising, you'll barely notice any difference from oem.
Highway cruising even at around 3k rpm is still very mild. It's there, but not intrusive at all. Downshifts have a nice deep note to them now when you apply gas. Driving it more spiritedly is a little louder than oem but with a nice note to it. Startup is a bit boomy though, but I suspect it'll quiet down a bit after breaking it in. I remember my trd exhaust was like that after about 1000kms. i think in terms of volume, the perrin 2.5 resonated was louder than this by a little bit, but not quite as deep of a note.

Overall, perfect for DD. It's there, it's not intrusive, and it has a nice deep note to it. It could definitely be louder and still be tolerable, but if you're looking for something that won't attract unwanted attention from the officers, this checks all the boxes. A non burnt tip option would be nice too. Side note, if someone near Vancouver, BC has the STI exhaust, I'd love to compare.
How are you finding the exhaust after some months? Do you still have the active sound plugged in, and if so, how does it blend with it?
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 06:18 PM   #990
kaesu

Drives: 22 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif View Post
How are you finding the exhaust after some months? Do you still have the active sound plugged in, and if so, how does it blend with it?
I opted to keep the asc plugged in. The exhaust is boomy/bassy, but not loud. Got a few compliments on it but overall it’s a very comfortable noise level. I suspect with the asc off it’ll be too quiet. If you’d like I could unplug the asc for a week and report back.

I really like it, I think it’s the near perfect for a sleeper exhaust minus the coloured tips. One thing I guess I could complain about is every now and then you’d wish it was a bit louder. I think HkS came out w legamax sport recently and it seems a few dab louder.

Edit: forgot to mention, I get some pops when downshifting ��
kaesu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kaesu For This Useful Post:
Grif (06-21-2022)
Old 06-21-2022, 12:23 PM   #991
Panda Grahams

Drives: '22 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemysterio View Post
Good news about your STI trim pieces arriving at the dealer! I've been waiting for months for mine, I have one getting shipped directly to me, the rest for pick up. The one for delivery has been getting pushed back forever now.. currently eta for that is June 30.
Yeah, it's taken forever if I'm honest. I ordered my car in October of 21, delivered January of 22. I had to press my dealer a couple times for status updates and a resolution, because at this point I could just order them myself. Oh well, tomorrow is the day!
Panda Grahams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 04:20 PM   #992
mycrors7

Drives: zd8 brz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
finally got around to printing an ABS version of the intake resonator delete plug ive been working on

will this make any more power? probably not
will it help in any way? probably not
will it increase induction sound? tbd...
is it significantly cheaper than the GS or Apexi alternative that likely also makes no gains and has minimal airflow improvements? yes

mycrors7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:16 PM   #993
Grif

Drives: BRZ 2nd gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaesu View Post
I opted to keep the asc plugged in. The exhaust is boomy/bassy, but not loud. Got a few compliments on it but overall it’s a very comfortable noise level. I suspect with the asc off it’ll be too quiet. If you’d like I could unplug the asc for a week and report back.

I really like it, I think it’s the near perfect for a sleeper exhaust minus the coloured tips. One thing I guess I could complain about is every now and then you’d wish it was a bit louder. I think HkS came out w legamax sport recently and it seems a few dab louder.

Edit: forgot to mention, I get some pops when downshifting ��
Thank you, but no need to unplug it!

I was more concerned about it working in harmony with the ASC, and not clashing with it. I am one of those few that doesn't mind the sound!
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 06:53 PM   #994
clio

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors7 View Post
finally got around to printing an ABS version of the intake resonator delete plug ive been working on

will this make any more power? probably not
will it help in any way? probably not
will it increase induction sound? tbd...
is it significantly cheaper than the GS or Apexi alternative that likely also makes no gains and has minimal airflow improvements? yes
Will this result in a loss of power? Whilst I'm no physics guru I gather the Helmhotz style resonator smoothes the intake flow
clio is offline   Reply With Quote