follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List

Old 02-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #15
BobbyBlue86

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3NIK View Post
Innovate seems out of the picture. No vendors seem to have any stock left and Sprintex isn't offering a bundled tune. The best deal I can find on the compressor would be ~$3700, non intercooled, with an EcuTek tune. I'd net maybe 200 whp.
For $500 more a forum vendor will ship me a complete Kraftwerks kit that has an arguably better compressor style, intercooler, EcuTek package, and tune sourced from Delicious. $4200 would be just over my budgeted limit.
I messaged JDL to see what they can cook up. Hopefully that have something they can piece together for a local guy.
The last option would be to stay NA, buy EcuTek, FlexFuel, Header, and Front/Over pipes to complement my existing catback. That's about $2000 and would maybe put 200hp to the wheels? I'd have to find someone with a similar setup to see how it drives.
Overall the Kraftwerks seems to give the best hp/$ ratio and has incredible reviews.
Moto-East has the kit (no IC) for 3200 with a pro ecu kit and tune for an extra 750. Im sure if you ask someone with a cable you could bring that price down... and there is no way it would only net 200 WHP... stock pulley with base map (i think) was like 220? But with some E85 and a smaller pulley, you could probably see 250.
BobbyBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #16
R3NIK

Drives: 2013 FR-S/C
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
The numbers I got were from dynos posted on Delicious.

Sounds about right if stock is barely doing 150 whp. My non IC JRSC did the same 45hp at 6.5 psi years ago on my Civic. Back then JRSC was doing using twin screw also.
I will talk to Mike @ Moto-East for some ideas, as he seems very active in the forums.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:03 PM   #17
GTO5005

Drives: White Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies.

First, this is my daily driver. I may attend an autocross or trackday event once a year, but mainly will be driving 30+ miles on the freeway for my work commute. Occasional trips up to Canyon Lake would be where I'd have some fun. Overall I want more usable power in daily driving, along with reliability.

Exhaust and wheels/tires/suspension was essentially done at this point, with LCAs being the only outstanding item I need for better alignment. I have a catback, Eibach springs and sways, lighter wheels, and 225x45x17 slightly-less-crappy-than-primacy tires.

With my goals, a clutch is definitely note a requirement yet and an oil cooler would be something to get if I tracked more than a few hours a year. I'd be keeping a close eye on oil temps in the meantime.

Celadrielas, I'll be at the meet tonight to hopefully check your OFT setup out and also other boosted vehicles. I know I saw the Phantom ESC at 86Fest, but they're a minimum 6 months wait to get. They can be had for under $2K and OFT has tunes, but attainability is the problem.

I'll further investigate the SBD kit since the Drift Armor crash bar and pre-drilled oil pan would make it possible to install myself Of course I'd still be offering pizza and beer for local help
Yeah I'm that white FRS with the Phantom ECS that was at 86Fest/East Side meet two weeks ago. I bought my setup ran $2650 out the door (Used OFT W/E85 tune, ECS,Batteries, Used Borla Headers, and the car came with a TRD Exhaust off the lot).

Basically, keep an eye on the member classifieds like a hawk. Ive seen 4 ESCs on there since October. When do you want to be boosted by? Thats the real question. I have noticed is alot of kits (both turbo and SC) go for sale cheap in the fall, when the weather starts turning cold up north. I think the ECS would be an awesome fit if you are just looking to daily,(even on the track they do well) and I believe it would get you where you want to be. I daily my car, and just wanted a little more "umph". The torque and power kick in at lower revs, which makes daily driving alot more enjoyable (you no longer strugle merging onto the freeway in the low/mid rev range). However, like you said they are hard to get a hold of. Phantom seems to be churning them out a bit faster as of late, I would contact them, just to get on the list, worst case scenario, you pass on it if you decide to go a different direction. Simplicity,price and daily usability are its main selling points. I have to swing out to Scottsdale this weekend to get some E85, if you want a ride shoot me a PM.

-Griffin aka gto5005
Old 02-05-2015, 02:40 PM   #18
R3NIK

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBlue86 View Post
Moto-East has the kit (no IC) for 3200 with a pro ecu kit and tune for an extra 750. Im sure if you ask someone with a cable you could bring that price down... and there is no way it would only net 200 WHP... stock pulley with base map (i think) was like 220? But with some E85 and a smaller pulley, you could probably see 250.
They have a group buy listed so I left their shop a voicemail. $3734 shipped with tune. Their posts claim they have the longest experience with that setup and tuning, which would explain why they have better dynos posted (accounting for dyno types). $500 less than the Kraftwerks does help and I'll be 2.5 hours away from their shop in two weeks to check it out in person. It's mighty tempting to pull the trigger right now, but I'd still like to get a proper drive on a JR or KW kit first.
R3NIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #19
GTO5005

Drives: White Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Aaaand here's one http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...55#post2119855
R3NIK (02-05-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 09:27 AM   #20
BobbyBlue86

Quote:
The numbers I got were from dynos posted on Delicious.

Sounds about right if stock is barely doing 150 whp. My non IC JRSC did the same 45hp at 6.5 psi years ago on my Civic. Back then JRSC was doing using twin screw also.
I will talk to Mike @ Moto-East for some ideas, as he seems very active in the forums.
Yeah that seems like a low reading dyno... which i think delicious always says it reads low.

I think most cars stock are around 168-171 hp and so 138 would seem REALLY low lol
Old 02-06-2015, 09:49 AM   #21
BobbyBlue86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO5005 View Post
And it didnt last long... Lol
Old 02-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
R3NIK

Garage
After quite a few phone calls with Mike @ Moto-East, I ordered the Sprintex kit this morning.
I also have to hand it to the guys at JDL, they offered me a killer deal, too. Sadly it was a little out of my price range (curse that sales tax) and the ease of installation and maintenance on the SC was key to going with Sprintex. It should fit my daily driver needs well, with plenty of head room for upgrades in the future (UEL header, FlexFuel, oil cooler, etc). The reviews on the Moto-East tunes, plus their incredibly reasonable update prices, were also huge determining factors.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #23
R3NIK

Garage
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zh7886tuKI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zh7886tuKI[/ame]
That kinda sells it right there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to R3NIK For This Useful Post:
BobbyBlue86 (02-06-2015), Thorpedo (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 05:04 PM   #24
JesseE

Drives: LS Swapped BRZ
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Sorry couldn't make it to the meet this week, like someone above said I got a 1.5 year old and meets depends on his sleep schedule for the most part! lol

I have a ecutek cable you can borrow to flash it if you need to borrow it for a couple hours or whatever
JesseE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:06 PM   #25
JesseE

With my setup I am pretty sure I make around 300whp, My clutch is finally broken in and I am going to go dyno my car very soon!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:15 PM   #26
JesseE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBlue86 View Post
This is pretty much what im going for. Twin screw with some exhaust work and just add parts over time. Tweak it as needed...

How you liking the SC? I bet its pretty intoxicating lol
I love it! especially now with the e85 and smaller pulley.

Right now with good 235/40/18 falkens, without TC 1st and 2nd will spin the tires on full throttle almost anywhere in the rev range... if its wet at all spins in 3rd too.
Makes for some very fun wet driving :-D

Truth be told I miss my 30+mpg when I was stock long long ago... but now that gas is half the price who cares
Old 02-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #27
R3NIK

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE View Post
With my setup I am pretty sure I make around 300whp, My clutch is finally broken in and I am going to go dyno my car very soon!
What's your full setup?
Old 02-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #28
BobbyBlue86

Quote:

That kinda sells it right there.
That sound is amazing....

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFo9NOKmcrY"]BRZ Supercharged w/UEL Night Run - YouTube[/ame]

This is what sold the kit for me honestly. Just waiting to graduate from school!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyBlue86 For This Useful Post:
R3NIK (02-06-2015)