follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 11-26-2013, 02:40 PM   #925
MrJesse

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskFr-s View Post
My problem is not having a garage so I was hoping someone could help me in that regard. Also my parents took the tools when they moved
Unfortunately, I don't have a garage either but really, you can do it without a garage.
MrJesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #926
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
haha I do love the f14's but they are sadly out of my budget. and with just springs, fitting 9.5" up front is a challenge (without having 4x4 poke)
Unless you are running a square neutral alignment it's a non issue.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #927
SaskFr-s

Drives: 2013 TRD Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow oddmanout were actually quite rude when I told them you don't need to remove fender pieces or wheels like you do on sti's and he's still charging the same fee, so I definitely won't be funneling 95$ an hour plus supplies for an hour and a half with these guys. If anyone wants to lend a garage and some advice/helping hand I'd be happy to pay a cheaper fee.
SaskFr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #928
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Wow oddmanout were actually quite rude when I told them you don't need to remove fender pieces or wheels like you do on sti's and he's still charging the same fee, so I definitely won't be funneling 95$ an hour plus supplies for an hour and a half with these guys. If anyone wants to lend a garage and some advice/helping hand I'd be happy to pay a cheaper fee.
I assume you are in Regina? I may know someone to help you out.

edit Pm'd you
Old 11-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #929
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower-auto View Post
Unless you are running a square neutral alignment it's a non issue.
With just springs it is hard to fit (need camber bolts right?) that is all. I think FRSbaby is running coils. He should be ok to buy those beauties.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #930
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Drives: Lexus IS-F Series 2
Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
Are they making new cam shafts already?

but you are right the first time. I ordered some rebuilt STI Brembos for my fronts - so now I need to upgrade rotors, pads, rims and wheels! (plus lugs, hence the number jump)

I needed bigger wheels anyway, hoping to order an AVO kit this winter.
Let me know before you jump on the AVO Kit, maybe we can get a better deal on two and shipping
Old 11-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #931
frs baby

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
yea my car has tein lowering springs on her
frs baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #932
SaskFr-s

Hey guys, thanks to @SkAsphalt I have found someone to paint rims, I plan on buying new rims in the summer so I was going to pain my stock rims to drive around in as soon as the snow melts then purchase new winter tires for next year in 17" to try them out since my winters will be 3 years old after this year.

Do you guys think i should go all black or try out a colour? I saw a bunch of pictures of black cars with gold colour rims, but I feel like some people hold a stigma against gold rims, what do you guys think?
The Following User Says Thank You to SaskFr-s For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (11-27-2013)
Old 11-27-2013, 09:25 PM   #933
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
Hey guys, thanks to @SkAsphalt I have found someone to paint rims, I plan on buying new rims in the summer so I was going to pain my stock rims to drive around in as soon as the snow melts then purchase new winter tires for next year in 17" to try them out since my winters will be 3 years old after this year.

Do you guys think i should go all black or try out a colour? I saw a bunch of pictures of black cars with gold colour rims, but I feel like some people hold a stigma against gold rims, what do you guys think?
Regina Wheel Works does awesome powder coating, they're located in White City. That's where I'll be taking my stock rims to get done

Black would look great on lighter painted cars. Bronze would look great on your black. I wouldn't go any darker than graphite or gun metal with your paint
SkAsphalt (11-28-2013)
Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #934
SaskFr-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
Regina Wheel Works does awesome powder coating, they're located in White City. That's where I'll be taking my stock rims to get done

Black would look great on lighter painted cars. Bronze would look great on your black. I wouldn't go any darker than graphite or gun metal with your paint
I just dont like the spoke pattern with colour, thats why I wanted it black initially, for buying rims I will most likely go gun metal.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #935
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Got these today! I always feel like I've won a prize when I see a parcel left behind in my front porch, because that means NO brokerage!! In fact I've never had any brokerage charges ever with BaysonR

Very happy with the skirts, they came packaged in a huge 1ft x 1ft x 7ft box. They are identical material to that used in their matching rear spats and came with all installation hardware as usual. Unfortunately they won't get installed until spring, but the goods news is no drilling required!

Last edited by JPxM0Dz; 11-28-2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: PICS
JPxM0Dz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JPxM0Dz For This Useful Post:
Jlturner (11-28-2013), SkAsphalt (12-01-2013)
Old 11-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #936
SaskFr-s

does anyone know if intake such as Airaid or takeda void any part of the warranty? or does a lightweight pulley void anything?
Old 11-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #937
JPxM0Dz
F Z1LLA

Garage
Quote:
does anyone know if intake such as Airaid or takeda void any part of the warranty? or does a lightweight pulley void anything?

No they will not void your warranty, unless of course your service dept. can prove that your mod caused a specific failure.

They do frown upon mods and may refuse you service or warranty coverage if they decide to be assholes. It's hit and miss, some service departments are not as touchy as others.

An intake is easy enough to remove if you need to go in for service for a specific problem. If your just going in for regular maintenance, I wouldn't worry about it.
Pulley is questionable on whether it's even worth the investment, same can be said for aftermarket intake.

Best mods on our cars are a drop-in filter with stock intake and a tune. Headers and catback would also net you some nice gains.

Last edited by JPxM0Dz; 11-28-2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: EDIT
JPxM0Dz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPxM0Dz For This Useful Post:
SkAsphalt (12-01-2013)
Old 11-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #938
SaskFr-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
No they will not void your warranty, unless of course your service dept. can prove that your mod caused a specific failure.

They do frown upon mods and may refuse you service or warranty coverage if they decide to be assholes. It's hit and miss, some service departments are not as touchy as others.

An intake is easy enough to remove if you need to go in for service for a specific problem. If your just going in for regular maintenance, I wouldn't worry about it.
Pulley is questionable on whether it's even worth the investment, same can be said for aftermarket intake.

Best mods on our cars are a drop-in filter with stock intake and a tune. Headers and catback would also net you some nice gains.
What could I add to my TRD system. I figure there's no point in removing it since I already paid for it. And do you mean the K&N drop in filter? I read that the pulley added noticeable throttle response. But then again I enjoy mods that increase driveability over power. I'm all new to modding so thanks for the advice guys!