follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #29
lokvo
Pugilist

Drives: GT 86 - Hot Lava (AUS Spec)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wow sexy bikes!...and as it pertains to this thread, I'm dying of the wait for my GT 86 blah blah boo hoo.
lokvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #30
Netrosis

Drives: n/a

Last edited by Netrosis; 07-08-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: .
Netrosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #31
m!ke

Drives: Toyota 86 GT MT Tornado Grey(Order)
Hey everyone,

Awesome forum, been reading through over the last few days and finally joined this morning (at work :P )

I visited my local Toyota dealership on Saturday to test drive the 86 and ended up putting a deposit down on the GT (tornado grey) when the salesguy told me the wait for the GTS. He showed me the official memo from Toyota Aus saying 18 month wait for GTS and 2-3 month wait for GT - but he said realistically it could be 4-6 months, which is cool with me as it will give me time to sell my current Focus and save some extra cash.

So it's been about 5 days into the "dreaded wait" and I'm wanting the car more and more every day!! (even went and bought gt5 for the PS3 just so I can drive the 86 with my Logitech steering wheel - it was released as a free download) haha

Anyway I just wanted to ask when should I expect to receive a tracking number or any information as to when I can expect the build of my 86? I called my salesguy a few days after paying the deposit and signing the contract and he said there was no info as of yet - i thought maybe you guys would have an idea of the timeframe in between paying for a deposit and receive tracking information - I understand of course that this timeframe would be different now compared to a few months ago...
m!ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
sho

Drives: s2000
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netrosis View Post
Yamaha R6 Page (click specifications down the bottom of the page)

It doesn't look like they're selling the Raven colour anymore as they have the Pearl White / Candy Red and Anniversary White editions.

As for price, I won't give exact prices but under $16k for the bike, full year comprehensive insurance and aftermarket exhaust.
The insurance part is a life saver, otherwise I would have paid about $2.5k a year.

it was a 2011 color
my post when mentioned about the wait referred to me buying one last year how they didn't have any available.

2.5k for comp?
i'm paying 1.1k and I think thats crazy
sho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #33
TheDemons

Drives: Sonic Blue GTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by m!ke View Post
Hey everyone,

Awesome forum, been reading through over the last few days and finally joined this morning (at work :P )

I visited my local Toyota dealership on Saturday to test drive the 86 and ended up putting a deposit down on the GT (tornado grey) when the salesguy told me the wait for the GTS. He showed me the official memo from Toyota Aus saying 18 month wait for GTS and 2-3 month wait for GT - but he said realistically it could be 4-6 months, which is cool with me as it will give me time to sell my current Focus and save some extra cash.

So it's been about 5 days into the "dreaded wait" and I'm wanting the car more and more every day!! (even went and bought gt5 for the PS3 just so I can drive the 86 with my Logitech steering wheel - it was released as a free download) haha

Anyway I just wanted to ask when should I expect to receive a tracking number or any information as to when I can expect the build of my 86? I called my salesguy a few days after paying the deposit and signing the contract and he said there was no info as of yet - i thought maybe you guys would have an idea of the timeframe in between paying for a deposit and receive tracking information - I understand of course that this timeframe would be different now compared to a few months ago...

I ordered mine a few days ago, and got my tracking details the next day through email. Check your emails, if it isn't there, call your sales person.
TheDemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #34
m!ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemons View Post
I ordered mine a few days ago, and got my tracking details the next day through email. Check your emails, if it isn't there, call your sales person.
Do you have an expected build date? and did you order GT or GTS?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #35
NG86

Drives: 86 GTS 6MT Pegasus White
Garage
Quote:
You won't see the expected build date for months so don't be too worry not to get the tracking info instantly
NG86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #36
m!ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG86 View Post
You won't see the expected build date for months so don't be too worry not to get the tracking info instantly
Ok cool, thanks for that - But I am thinking, if I haven't received any tracking info, does that mean that my order has not even been processed? And if this is the case, should I go to another dealer where they will process the order faster?
Old 07-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #37
click_lenny
Good bye 86.....

Drives: Evo X
Quote:
Ok cool, thanks for that - But I am thinking, if I haven't received any tracking info, does that mean that my order has not even been processed? And if this is the case, should I go to another dealer where they will process the order faster?
Doesn't see the point of y ur dealer would do that as they only got the sales ($) after the car was sold to u.....but with the tracking system u can have a peaceful mind.......ask for it, the sales rep need to ask the stock controller to set it up for u....
click_lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #38
TheDemons

Quote:
I ordered a GTS. No dates yet, just told by my dealer 18 months.
Like I said before, call your dealer, and he should clear everything up for you.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:09 PM   #39
m!ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDemons View Post
I ordered a GTS. No dates yet, just told by my dealer 18 months.
Like I said before, call your dealer, and he should clear everything up for you.
Gave them a call - it's his day off today haha, left a message for him to call back tomorrow, I'll see what he says...
Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #40
TheDemons

Haha, what a pain! Hopefully you will get your tracking info tomorrow :happy0180:
Old 07-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #41
Ne0
Global Tactics Director

Drives: TRD,HRC
Quote:
The other question is... how often will I ride the new Motorbike once I've got my 86?
Whenever you want to actually go fast...
Ne0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #42
Palmy

Drives: '12 86 GTS (AUDM)
Quote:
Yamaha R6 Page (click specifications down the bottom of the page)
Can do 0 - 100 km/h in 3.3 seconds.

It doesn't look like they're selling the Raven colour anymore as they have the Pearl White / Candy Red and Anniversary White editions.

As for price, I won't give exact prices but under $16k for the bike, full year comprehensive insurance and aftermarket exhaust.
The insurance part is a life saver, otherwise I would have paid about $2.5k a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmy View Post
Specs and how much?
Lol i was asking about the 250!
Palmy is offline   Reply With Quote