follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 AM   #15
Skorov

Drives: 86 GTS White
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armythug View Post
What if they decided not to release a set price? Can they do that? Can they both just set it up to where you would have to order the car at whatever the price you and a dealership agreed on? I'm asking this because it seems like we will never get a price and I'm tired of waiting.
It is illegal to sell you a car over RRP. For industry regulation and such, they have to release an official RRP.
Skorov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Good post JDM. By the way guys if you want to get in touch with me directly to pre-order a car, flip me an email: andrew.smith@peterwarren.com.au or see the following link for all my contact details: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4631

P.S. If you pre-order with me i give you a written contract stating that you may withdraw from the contract and have your deposit refunded in full if you are not happy with either the price or the car itself - can't be more fair than that; after all people are putting down their money in good faith.
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #17
Ballsak2nv

Drives: Aurion
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Typical i signed up yet again and at least i got a confirmation email, but that is all.

I am expecting Toyotas in my area to have little stock compared to the ones out of town, theres a few up in Newcastle area, perhaps they dealers up there will have a better chance of not needing to bump anybody.

Imagine a group buy, that sales man would be happy, sell and deliver 20 86's in 1 sitting. Would be hard not to give a good deal yeah.

I would be happy to buy anywhere so long as the dealership can give me NSW rego, i dont care were it is.
Ballsak2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #18
FT86GTS

Drives: FT86
Pre Orders

Hi Girls & Guys,
Just another dealer here trying to flog you a couple of FT86's, I have two still availble in the first batch if anyone would like to put there name down on them.

I have the ability to register and deliver into both Vic and NSW.

If you would like to put a deposit down please feel free to email me with your contact details at

john.parker@jacobtoyota.com.au

FT86GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT86GTS View Post
Hi Girls & Guys,
Just another dealer here trying to flog you a couple of FT86's, I have two still availble in the first batch if anyone would like to put there name down on them.

I have the ability to register and deliver into both Vic and NSW.

If you would like to put a deposit down please feel free to email me with your contact details at

john.parker@jacobtoyota.com.au

In all seriousness, would you be willing to discuss a group buy. Discuss with your pears at work and get back to me.

Im betting if you throw a bone the dogs will chase it.

Im also betting with the right group buy offer and the ability to register in NSW and VIC you will get alot of interest.
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #20
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFC View Post
In all seriousness, would you be willing to discuss a group buy. Discuss with your pears at work and get back to me.
x2.
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 AM   #21
Ballsak2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardi330 View Post
x2.

Most interested in a cheaper group buy, details depending of course.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:35 AM   #22
newft86

Drives: 86 Every Chance I get!!!
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hi all, newest update: Man it was a busy weekend for 86 pre-orders again! We are now taking pre-orders for September 2012 delivery though we do still have 1 standard version available for June/July expected delivery. A few more weeks of this and we'll be into January 2013 and onwards. We expect Toyota Australia will launch the vehicle on the 8th of June but we most likely won't be seeing any cars until the 20th (first batch of 4).

Also had a discussion with a pre-order client on the weekend about a group buy in Sydney - personally i, as a salesperson, would welcome it as i would sell more cars in one go; only problem i can see with this is that the amount of available stock most likely won't support it, i.e. if say 10-30 or so people group buy at the same time it's unlikely in the extreme that everyone would receive their cars at the same time and whilst buying in bulk usually saves the individual money i can't see many dealers willing to give much of a discount on a car that is in short supply. There are many ways of skinning a cat though as they say and i think most would consider at the least giving some incentive to people taking part in a group buy - it's hard to say exactly as we still have no concrete pricing from Toyota and the problem is that by the time the group buy happens it's unlikely there will be any stock left this year unless Toyota ramp up production or if the buyers get the cars from a bunch of dealerships.

These group buy things can be tricky as there are a number of factors to consider apart from stock levels but if anyone in Sydney is interested in doing such, i would be more than happy to discuss it with you. You can reach me on 0298288948 or 0406237776 or andrew.smith@peterwarren.com.au
newft86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #23
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
Reading from other forum from link given above, I say I smell

Just trying to rack up more moolah from us. Well my perspective anyways. I reckon pricing should be between $35500 - $44500 for all 86 range and transmission whether it's GT/GTS or AT/MT.

The dealer also said as quoted
Quote:
"We still don't have final pricing from Toyota Australia but we expect to see the pricing released around the 20th of June, 2012."
what happen to 8/6/2012???
Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
Ballsak2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt86forums View Post
Hello,

To all the Toyota 86 dealers, please give us a good deal here.
Appreciate it.

Well this is a bit rude, why cant we have a good deal on this forum?

Are you trying to drum up more website hits to earn money from advertisement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
Reading from other forum from link given above, I say I smell

Just trying to rack up more moolah from us. Well my perspective anyways. I reckon pricing should be between $35500 - $44500 for all 86 range and transmission whether it's GT/GTS or AT/MT.

The dealer also said as quoted
Its all hearsay, time will come and everyone will know, not long now.

You get a group of 10-15 comitted buyers and the dealer will almost have to give a good price otherwise these 10-15 will just wonder off too another dealer, many out the door. And its fare to say a group like that would be willing to buy in out of reach places for a good price. Toyota Broken Hill or Parkes might be a good place to start, i cant see to many 86/BRZ being needed out there.

1 group 1 order sit back and wait, nice little sale for that bloke.

Last edited by Ballsak2nv; 04-23-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 PM   #25
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
I just had another thought, since Toyota and Subaru have designed this car to embody the spirit of the AE86, which is a Corolla, I went on Toyota.com.au and did a price check on the most expensive and high spec Corolla there is for Sydney. The price comes to 31,490 RRP and 35,656 Full Drive Away.

So I'm just estimating the 86 low spec RRP to start off around $36K. Not sure if that's one way to estimate pricing. LOL!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
tlp

Drives: Supra
Quote:
Pretty sure they pushed back the date to accommodate for some other thing which of course won't be announced until the date (no surprises).

FK YOU TOYOTA!

Oh I better play nice so they give us good prices
tlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #27
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Quote:
I just had another thought, since Toyota and Subaru have designed this car to embody the spirit of the AE86, which is a Corolla, I went on Toyota.com.au and did a price check on the most expensive and high spec Corolla there is for Sydney. The price comes to 31,490 RRP and 35,656 Full Drive Away.

So I'm just estimating the 86 low spec RRP to start off around $36K. Not sure if that's one way to estimate pricing. LOL!
And what does this high spec Corolla offer over the low spec 86.

Honestly for enthusiast sweet stuff all, but for Joe Blow average it offers heaps more and you wont win back or gain customers like that, no matter how good the 86/BRZ is.

Auto Corolla are out the door at 21990 atm (normally 24990 i think) so why would a similar spec 86 be 10-15k more?

Same plasticy interior, same features head unit, same fabric interior mearly a different chassis and powertrain. Actually apart from the powertrain is there any real difference?

Worth more then a povo Corolla absolutely but not 10-15k more, possibly 5-7k more at best.

Im beating the high spec Corolla you quoted will be of similar price to the low spec 86.

1 day we will know, but i sincerely hope Toyota dont stuff this up
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i'm sick of these price speculation BS. yawn.....

i saw on carsales a demo (3000km on the clock) Scirocco R is now $45,900. i don't know why i am still waiting for an 86.......................
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote