follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 05-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #29
07jazzrs5gt86

Drives: Firestorm 86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Any one with v1 kit have this install yet
07jazzrs5gt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #30
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsDants View Post
So I've got the Procede installed, figured I'd leave some notes here too:

- My harness also had the wrong plug soldered on, so I just bought a 3.5mm, soldered its tip wire to the harness, and covered the rest up.

- Most of my difficulty with the install was around getting the taps onto the wires on the ECU harness. I'm a fairly big dude and I had a really tough time contorting myself into the space down there under the glovebox. I honestly don't know how I would go about getting a soldering iron in there.

- The quick connect terminals do not want to stay in the taps at all. I shoved them in there the best I could and taped them to at least give them some semblance of connection strength. This is the part I'm the least confident about with the install; I'd definitely recommend figuring out some other way of making those connections.

- I ended up installing the Procede such that the USB port is accessible through the side panel that @Sojhinn has you remove in his video for more light. Basically, there's a ledge of sorts behind the dash that the unit can just rest on with a lip to prevent it from falling down. It's easy to reach in through the panel and maneuver the Procede to hook a laptop to it, all without having to remove your glovebox again.

- If you use the location I mentioned above for your install, there's a convenient lip to run your power wire along under where the glovebox goes; feel around, you'll figure it out.

- I agree with @l0aded: The standard mapping is the way to go.

93/91 or e85?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #31
PantsDants

Drives: Scion FR-S A/T, Whiteout
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
93/91 or e85?

92, because Washington.
PantsDants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #32
TM

Drives: DGM BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Does the procede software run on windows XP? I switched to a mac and want to run the most lightweight Windows possible on it.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:25 PM   #33
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
Does the procede software run on windows XP? I switched to a mac and want to run the most lightweight Windows possible on it.
Windows has gotten lighter, not heavier.

Windows 7's memory footprint is less than Windows XP and Windows 8.1 is less than Windows 7.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 10:38 PM   #34
TM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Windows has gotten lighter, not heavier.

Windows 7's memory footprint is less than Windows XP and Windows 8.1 is less than Windows 7.
By lightweight, I really meant to say by file size. I'm not too worried about memory since I'll only ever use it for openflash and procede. But my Macbook Air has a non-upgradable 128gb drive, and I already used up most of it...

I do have PCs I can access at home (in NY), but I'm currently living a minimalistic lifestyle in SF temporarily crashing on my cousin's couch.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:39 AM   #35
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
By lightweight, I really meant to say by file size. I'm not too worried about memory since I'll only ever use it for openflash and procede. But my Macbook Air has a non-upgradable 128gb drive, and I already used up most of it...

I do have PCs I can access at home (in NY), but I'm currently living a minimalistic lifestyle in SF temporarily crashing on my cousin's couch.
Windows XP - 7GB
But needs something closer to 20GB for the pagefile. This is one of the places where XP is inefficient, but later versions (7,8 and 10 are more so) http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...4-0baf3ddd643e

Windows 7 - 9 GB
http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/5...-tutorial.html

Windows 8.1 32 bit - 6.6 GB
Windows 8.1 64 bit - 8.2 GB
http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Windows-8&faq=5

Best of luck!
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 03:28 AM   #36
l0aded
Addicted

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I say just go Windows 10 =p. Latest build 10074 has been great and it's about ready for release.
Phantom Supercharger | Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Winjet Headlights | Opti-coated | 35/20 Tint | Radar/Dashcam Hardwired | OFT tuned | OEM Audio+ Reference 400CF | Uber Sound Deadened | LED DRL strips | JPM Coachworks Kneepads
l0aded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:01 PM   #37
SimplePortal

Drives: Hot Lava
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just receive the right size jack from Shiv, but I'm not sure how I'm suppose solder the wire to it. Is the inner metal part suppose to pop out somehow?
SimplePortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #38
TM

Garage
I just picked up my procede from the post office. Just in time right before I leave nyc tomorrow. Going on a 7 hour bus ride to Rochester to pick up my car! Debating whether or not I should install the controller before my 3000 mile roadtrip.

My only concern is that, like others, I won't like the default sports map, and that I won't be able to load the standard map with my Mac. I have a trimmed down xp on it that only takes up 1.5gb of space. I downloaded the windows 8.1 trial and Parallel says it needs 20gb, which I don't have...

Old 05-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #39
l0aded
Addicted

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I just picked up my procede from the post office. Just in time right before I leave nyc tomorrow. Going on a 7 hour bus ride to Rochester to pick up my car! Debating whether or not I should install the controller before my 3000 mile roadtrip.

My only concern is that, like others, I won't like the default sports map, and that I won't be able to load the standard map with my Mac. I have a trimmed down xp on it that only takes up 1.5gb of space. I downloaded the windows 8.1 trial and Parallel says it needs 20gb, which I don't have...

I would highly recommend AGAINST a 3000 mile road trip on the sport map,
Phantom Supercharger | Tsudo Cat-Back Exhaust | K&N Drop-in Filter | Winjet Headlights | Opti-coated | 35/20 Tint | Radar/Dashcam Hardwired | OFT tuned | OEM Audio+ Reference 400CF | Uber Sound Deadened | LED DRL strips | JPM Coachworks Kneepads
l0aded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:03 AM   #40
Stormalong

Drives: Firestorm FR-S AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
So I installed the Procede yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be working.

When I've got the software running, the yellow cell at the bottom left never moves, which indicates that the throttle tap isn't working. So I re-did the throttle tap, but it still doesn't work. What is confusing me is that there is a cyan cell that DOES move when I rev the engine. Also the numbers for "Throttle" and "Raw Throttle" in the top right panel do change when I rev the engine, which would suggest that the throttle tap is working.

Anyone have any insight here?
Old 05-15-2015, 02:39 PM   #41
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormalong View Post
So I installed the Procede yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be working.

When I've got the software running, the yellow cell at the bottom left never moves, which indicates that the throttle tap isn't working. So I re-did the throttle tap, but it still doesn't work. What is confusing me is that there is a cyan cell that DOES move when I rev the engine. Also the numbers for "Throttle" and "Raw Throttle" in the top right panel do change when I rev the engine, which would suggest that the throttle tap is working.

Anyone have any insight here?

Double check both taps are correct and on the right wire then double check the procede.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 05-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #42
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

So just switched back to 91 this week. The map fits 91 so much better. I think I need to modify the map for e85. @DAEMANO @WRB5titch what do you think?

Installed Mods:
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (05-16-2015)