follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
GT

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gran Turismo 5

Sorry I just had to :p. Here are some new screenshots for some of the WRC/Race cars in the game.

WRC/Race Cars

*Discuss Gran Turismo 5 in this thread*

Last edited by GT; 10-15-2009 at 01:41 PM.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #2
Uras

Drives: AE86 , KP61 , R53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Man I been playing since 98

I cant wait. I play prologue religiously everyday. Got the gran turismo psp... honestly.... for a hand held, is the best racing game out there.

I am saving up for a Logitec G27 but as far as I read, no sequential shifter on the stick... not that I want it, but I need it for cars with 7+ speed transmissions.

I love driving the z06. So unpredictable. I play on Suzuka all the time. I home this thread dont turn out to be a "forza vs gt thread" (heads up people)
Uras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
MR2fan

Drives: 91 MR2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oh yeaaa I can't wait for #5. Post up your favorite shots if you got any.

Here's an obligatory shot

Name:  gt5.jpg
Views: 2100
Size:  95.8 KB

And one of my childhood favorite dream cars

Name:  gt5a.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  206.7 KB
Old 10-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Uras

F40... thats what am talking about. I was surprised how hard was to drive the tuned elise with no TCS. Corners pretty good but once you break it lose, forget about it.

We should do time trials and post screenshots

Suzuka anyone?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uras View Post
Man I been playing since 98

I cant wait. I play prologue religiously everyday. Got the gran turismo psp... honestly.... for a hand held, is the best racing game out there.

I am saving up for a Logitec G27 but as far as I read, no sequential shifter on the stick... not that I want it, but I need it for cars with 7+ speed transmissions.

I love driving the z06. So unpredictable. I play on Suzuka all the time. I home this thread dont turn out to be a "forza vs gt thread" (heads up people)
I also am going to grab a g27 once gt5 is released. As for the Forza vs GT, I hope not as well (they are both awesome games). I think once gt5 is released Logitech should have something worked out so that we can use the paddle shifters. Right now I am just trying to buy every car in GT5: Prologue :p

Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Uras

nice picture.

Yeah forza is a great game but it really comes down to what system you have you know...

I love how you could transfer some of the cars from gran turismo psp to gt5 when it comes out. I hope they make this feature available. I already got the veyron

cant believe gt5 will come out half a year from now. there has been 3 forza games between gt4 and gt5... but I rather wait for a quality game like gt5. Crazy the amount of work polyphony digital has on their arms to model every car inside and out.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uras View Post
nice picture.

Yeah forza is a great game but it really comes down to what system you have you know...

I love how you could transfer some of the cars from gran turismo psp to gt5 when it comes out. I hope they make this feature available. I already got the veyron

cant believe gt5 will come out half a year from now. there has been 3 forza games between gt4 and gt5... but I rather wait for a quality game like gt5. Crazy the amount of work polyphony digital has on their arms to model every car inside and out.
I want to get GT PSP for that reason. How do the cars feel when driving them?
Old 10-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Uras

is hard for me to play on the psp coming from playing on a screen at 1920 x 1080 but apart from that, is pretty decent. I wouldnt fork $40 on it but hey... gran turismo on the go? come on... nothing beats that. It will not compare to prologue physics wise and you cant really tune (like reduce weight and add more power) to cars.... just minor suspension adjustments. It doesnt really have a career mode like the previous gran turismo for the consoles. You cant buy upgrade parts either (like bigger turbo, brakes , exhaust...) . Another thing I dont like is that you just cant buy to a dealer and buy a Ferrari. It has dealer cycles. Every couple of game days, the gran turismo will give you 4 manufacturers. Pretty hard predicting what will show the next 3 days. Luckily I had enough saved when Bugatti showed up on the manufacturers to buy the Veyron. In the same way, I missed the chance of buying other cars when I didn't have the money from previous days. The cycles will start over again (day count dont reset, just keeps increasing) so is not like you will not have the chance ever again to buy whatever car you wanted.

I found myself just racing so the days could come faster and see what new cars I can buy. Sucks that is only limited to 4 manufacturer for that time frame. Another thing too is that I had Toyota show up on a certain day and like 6 or 7 game days later, it showed again with different cars. So when a manufacturer shows up with the amount of cars you see that moment don't necessarily means that's all the cars that manufacturer has.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #9
GT

I just grabbed GT for the PSP and I don't understand why the game has gotten bad reviews (ignoring the absent career mode). The random dealers is kinda cool but at the same time annoying. I want my ZR1. The best part is that we get to carry our cars to GT5. It makes the car collection aspect of the game fun. So far I have a GT-R V-Spec and a '97 NSX and I have around 500,000 credits. What cars have you purchased Uras?

Last edited by GT; 10-15-2009 at 09:13 PM.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:57 AM   #10
Uras

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT View Post
I just grabbed GT for the PSP and I don't understand why the game has gotten bad reviews (ignoring the absent career mode). The random dealers is kinda cool but at the same time annoying. I want my ZR1. The best part is that we get to carry our cars to GT5. It makes the car collection aspect of the game fun. So far I have a GT-R V-Spec and a '97 NSX and I have around 500,000 credits. What cars have you purchased Uras?

so far:

Cooper S
RS200
Speed 12
MR2 G-Limited 97
GT-R Spec V 09
FD rx-7 Type R Bathrust R 01
Ford GT 05
Lancia Stratos
Elise 111R
CTR Yellow Bird 87
Veyron
Countach 88
Countach lp400 74
Amuse Carbon R r34
Corolla levin apex 82
MR2 1600 g limited sc 86
soarer 2.5 gt-t
toms supra
Charger 70
Viper GTS 99
Viper SRT10 03
M3 04
Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex 83
Supra sz-r 97
Toyota 7 1970
Sprinter Trueno (S.Shigeno Version)
Celica 1600GT (TA22) 1970

Waiting on the ZR1 to show up
Old 10-16-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Been playing GT since about 98 as well and am eagerly eagerly awaiting the full version of GT5 to come out.

GT4 I thought was just such an inferior product, but thats mainly because I like to slide in the game as much as grip (for the hell of it) and the oversteer physic in the game was just extremely wonky. You couldn't even do a proper donut in a car with a LSD installed. O_o So basically I went back to playing GT3 again, and thats been my main racing game for the most part to this current day.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #12
Gost

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I'm buying a PS3 just for GT5, seriously.
In a recent interview, Yamauchi said something about GT5 being easier. Don't know if he meant easier to handle for beginners or easier as in more realistic physics. I just hope he doesn't make it easier to handle for the purpose of attracting beginners to the game. I've only played Prologue for about 2 hours but from the amount I've played, I was very impressed with the game.

Speaking of Forza vs Gran Turismo, theres a recent article over at GTplanet.net about that.
The 458 Italia tribute video Polyphony made was jaw dropping.
Gost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
S2KtoFT86
Resident Post Whore

Drives: 2022 WR BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I only played GT through number 3, when it just became stale and old. I picked up Forza and have played it ever since. I don't wanna start a Forza vs. GT argument as I think both have their pluses and minuses but I've strongly considered buying another PS3 for GT5, simply to play with the 86.
S2KtoFT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 PM   #14
Rome

Drives: DC5-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT View Post
I also am going to grab a g27 once gt5 is released. As for the Forza vs GT, I hope not as well (they are both awesome games). I think once gt5 is released Logitech should have something worked out so that we can use the paddle shifters. Right now I am just trying to buy every car in GT5: Prologue :p

Where is that ^ picture from Forza 3?
Rome is offline   Reply With Quote