follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 04-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #547
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
i guess you guys would totally hate to see these things take a swing at competition

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_cRqcbXAs4"]850hp Electric Racing Car: Driving the Drayson B12/69EV -- /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS - YouTube[/ame]
Pistol (04-04-2014)
Old 04-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #548
Silver Ignition
APEXHNTR

Drives: 10 Series FR-S #1867
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
So we have a good 10 pages of people complaining of the sound and another 10 pages of people saying the sound isn't a big deal.

When are we gonna talk about what's happening in F1, the things we follow F1 for; THE RACES.
Anyone wanna discuss the complete domination from Mercedes? Ricciardo's terrible luck? Kimi's mediocre start.

We get it. They sound like sport bikes with the stock exhaust. You guys might enjoy the sport a little more if you'd just stop complaining about it.

Jeeze. I'm sick of the politics of it, JUST RACE.
#1867 of 2500

in the garage...2001 Toyota 4Runner [Solid Axle Rock Toy], 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT [Shitwagon], 2004 Honda Interceptor VFR800 [daily rider], 1978 Suzuki GS750 [Café Racer]
Silver Ignition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #549
cfusionpm

Drives: Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I think the cars look silly. I think the sound is ok, but not worth spending $1500 to see live. I think Massa and Bottas will give us a great show this season. I think Kimi is lackluster in his performance because of his attitude towards another mediocre car. I think Alonso is one again driving the balls off a donkey. I think either Nico or Lewis will be WDC. I think RBR will continue fighting for top non-Mercedes works spot, and if they aren't in legal trouble or riddled with reliability problems, could overtake MB. I think Hulkenberg with be a force to be reckoned with (lolpun), but car development will hinder him from Europe and on. I think Button and Magnasun will be stuck in the middle of the pack, behind Williams.

That's about what I got after pre season and two races.

2013 Firestorm 6MT Scion FR-S
cfusionpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:27 PM   #550
Pistol

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
burn bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ignition View Post
So we have a good 10 pages of people complaining of the sound and another 10 pages of people saying the sound isn't a big deal.

When are we gonna talk about what's happening in F1, the things we follow F1 for; THE RACES.
Anyone wanna discuss the complete domination from Mercedes? Ricciardo's terrible luck? Kimi's mediocre start.

We get it. They sound like sport bikes with the stock exhaust. You guys might enjoy the sport a little more if you'd just stop complaining about it.

but its not exciting anymore, the RACE is hobbled.

you are excited at the start of the race, turn the TV up to 11 and pfffft
the sound was exciting, its lameass now

the race ? is more concerned with fuel rates and not revving to high like some annoying little biatch
thats boring and thats why many are not happy

we shall see as it F1 rolls around the world, everyone will see and hear and votes will be cast

at the moment its not a race or a spectacle
Pistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #551
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ignition View Post

I hate the sound but I've enjoyed the actual races a lot more. Especially Australia.

The fact that these cars have a lot more torque and are harder to handle makes it less predictable and more exciting to watch the drivers actually drive. Not to mention the sweet oversteer that you can see at every corner, should make an 86 driver giddy.

Gotta feel bad for Ricciardo though, he's been racing his ass off and getting all these penalties for things that are out of his control. 10-place grid penalty cause the pit crew couldn't get his wheel on correctly? Ouch.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #552
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
Gotta feel bad for Ricciardo though, he's been racing his ass off and getting all these penalties for things that are out of his control. 10-place grid penalty cause the pit crew couldn't get his wheel on correctly? Ouch.
It's comes with the territory of being an Australian on the Red Bull team.
cfusionpm (04-05-2014)
Old 04-04-2014, 04:25 PM   #553
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
It's comes with the territory of being an Australian on the Red Bull team.
Haha too true. Though I said the same thing last year and then Red Bull gave Weber the parting gift of the fastest pit stop ever. Not that that makes up for anything...
Old 04-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #554
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
I didn't realize until watching practice during lunch that Bahrain became a night race. The circuit looks beautiful under the lights, much more attractive than daylight.

Also, temps are far lower than previous races there so it should be a fast pace.

Still weird to hear them referring to the "power units". That's something even Porsche doesn't do with the 918 hybrid system.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #555
rice_classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
I didn't realize until watching practice during lunch that Bahrain became a night race. The circuit looks beautiful under the lights, much more attractive than daylight.

Also, temps are far lower than previous races there so it should be a fast pace.

Still weird to hear them referring to the "power units". That's something even Porsche doesn't do with the 918 hybrid system.
The American announcers are awful, with the exception of Hobbs. Matchet used to be of value years ago when he used to speak in a more intelligent manner but now it's almost like NBC has told the guys: "you're audience is retarded, speak accordingly and to help you with that task we're giving you Leigh Diffy."

Go download the SkySports broadcast and OMG is vastly superior, it's night and day when the announcers are talking like their audience is intelligent and educated about the sport.

As for Bahrain.. Hasn't it always been a half/half track? Where they start the race in sunlight and it ends after sunset just like the Abu Dhabi race? I'm going off memory here, correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #556
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
The American announcers are awful, with the exception of Hobbs. Matchet used to be of value years ago when he used to speak in a more intelligent manner but now it's almost like NBC has told the guys: "you're audience is retarded, speak accordingly and to help you with that task we're giving you Leigh Diffy."

Go download the SkySports broadcast and OMG is vastly superior, it's night and day when the announcers are talking like their audience is intelligent and educated about the sport.

As for Bahrain.. Hasn't it always been a half/half track? Where they start the race in sunlight and it ends after sunset just like the Abu Dhabi race? I'm going off memory here, correct me if I'm wrong.
It's true, the US talking heads seem to think they're having to explain events to school children. Pathetic except for Hobbs who must cringe at his partner's pandering. I'll check out SkySports.

Best reference I found shows it's been a mid-day race in the past and during practice today Matchett said it's the first night race there. Then he explained why F1 cars don't have headlights. j/k

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_det...t_diagram.html
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:29 AM   #557
rice_classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
and during practice today Matchett said it's the first night race there. Then he explained why F1 cars don't have headlights. j/k
Old 04-05-2014, 04:54 AM   #558
TheRipler
Reap the BReeZe

Drives: 04 LandShark STi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Watching the GP2 qualy session now. They sound better and look better than F1 this year.
TheRipler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #559
Aznsky

Drives: Nissan 350Z (sold) 13' Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
how are you guys watching online?
Aznsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #560
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
This article was posted this morning: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ferrari...04828--f1.html

What I find interesting is the comment by Bernie about the engines. Then why did you change them?

Qualifying on at 11:00 a.m. on CNBCHD which is 355 on DirecTV.
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no mikey nooo, supersupermaxmax, waawaaalewis