follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:28 AM   #435
thebear21

Drives: scion fr-s (RIP)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ugh.... and I was so set on the avo kit! FML
Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #436
thebear21

Drives: scion fr-s (RIP)
just thought of something.... UEL header with this sc.... people would have no idea what's going on! love it!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #437
FreshFRS
KCCO From Canada

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coheed View Post
300whp with a PD charger would be nuts. But I'm dreaming here.
i for one think 300 is quite possible on this car.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #438
RedRocket

Drives: Firestorm Red FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
That's why I like the approach that Accelerated Performance took:

This is what we want to make
Here's us building it
Watch us develop it from mild to wild
Done, here's the details of the package.

Every customer knows exactly what they are getting and what they can expect from it.

Call me old fashioned but I like my Mechanics, and Engineers being mechanical and engineering.. I could care less how often they update their facebook status, and give people who won't even buy their product the play by play.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #439
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFRS View Post
i for one think 300 is quite possible on this car.
The car, yes. But this supercharger, pobably not if I'm reading its specs properly. These type of superchargers move onl a certain volume of air (in the case of the one pictured, 0.91L). The benefit is that it moves most of that volume at very low RPM, and is always pumping air. Now I'm not sure about an overdrive pulley, that plus E85 might get 300rwhp. But I'm thinking we're going to see 225-250 with the standard kit.

It would be nice if Innovate or Bullet would post their current numbers.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #440
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Call me old fashioned but I like my Mechanics, and Engineers being mechanical and engineering.. I could care less how often they update their facebook status, and give people who won't even buy their product the play by play.
So the people who are interested in purchasing a product have no interest in what they are buying and will shell out their hard earned money regardless? Or are you saying that because people who aren't going to buy it are watching that the development should be behind closed doors because if they aren't going to pay they aren't worthy of seeing a product's development process?

I'm trying to figure out your point here and it's not very clear.

I am looking forward to your build thread when you install this on your car.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #441
FreshFRS
KCCO From Canada

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Garage
Quote:
The car, yes. But this supercharger, pobably not if I'm reading its specs properly. These type of superchargers move onl a certain volume of air (in the case of the one pictured, 0.91L). The benefit is that it moves most of that volume at very low RPM, and is always pumping air. Now I'm not sure about an overdrive pulley, that plus E85 might get 300rwhp. But I'm thinking we're going to see 225-250 with the standard kit.

It would be nice if Innovate or Bullet would post their current numbers.
i'll agree with you there, the sprintex just cant flow enough. i'm thinking R1320 and customized manifold
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #442
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Quote:
So the people who are interested in purchasing a product have no interest in what they are buying and will shell out their hard earned money regardless? Or are you saying that because people who aren't going to buy it are watching that the development should be behind closed doors because if they aren't going to pay they aren't worthy of seeing a product's development process?

All that matters is the system they release to the public. If they're trying to sell something, we'll expect to see detailed component lists, dyno readouts, etc at that time. Otherwise, I'm just as fine letting them focus on developing.

You don't demand live-blogged development from any other industry, so why this? Are you not going to buy a phone or a computer because you didn't know the specs until the day it was released? Do you demand to watch your food being cooked when you eat out? Even details about the 86/FRS/BRZ were kind of hush until they were headed to dealerships. But for some reason you expect to know months in advance of release where an aftermarket developer is with a part, even though all that information will tell you is what the final product won't be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitch For This Useful Post:
akuhei (11-14-2012), JoeBoxer (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #443
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
All that matters is the system they release to the public. If they're trying to sell something, we'll expect to see detailed component lists, dyno readouts, etc at that time. Otherwise, I'm just as fine letting them focus on developing.

You don't demand live-blogged development from any other industry, so why this? Are you not going to buy a phone or a computer because you didn't know the specs until the day it was released? Do you demand to watch your food being cooked when you eat out? Even details about the 86/FRS/BRZ were kind of hush until they were headed to dealerships. But for some reason you expect to know months in advance of release where an aftermarket developer is with a part, even though all that information will tell you is what the final product won't be.
This has gotten out of hand a bit. I'm not demanding anything. I'm pointing out that to play peek-a-boo with a product doesn't help sell it. And in the absence of information, those interested in the product will fill in what they can with discussion that may or may not be beneficial. Something that others seem to be surprised about. But by involving the community in the development, you essentially kill three birds with one stone. DIscussion is kept on-track, the buyers are better educated about the product, and reputation is improved.

The AP thread I've mentioned is a great example of communicating the benefits of a product and educating your buyer. Right now AP's BRZ-#00 kits are some of the top kits to get because of how transparent their development process was. If I were putting together a track car, they would be #1 on my list.

Another thing that could be done is to hold off on a product's announcement until you have something to offer your customers. But teasing customers only works on early adopters with small to medium ticket items, not on multi-thousand dollar purchases.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #444
res

Drives: Acura, Subaru BRZ - GBS MT Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Agree with this, 100%.

When any of these SC/Turbo manufacturers is ready to sell, and they don't release all the information about the product that a buyer desires... then don't buy it. Simple as that.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #445
nonicname
Banned

Drives: it has 4 wheels and a motor
Quote:
This has gotten out of hand a bit. I'm not demanding anything. I'm pointing out that to play peek-a-boo with a product doesn't help sell it. And in the absence of information, those interested in the product will fill in what they can with discussion that may or may not be beneficial. Something that others seem to be surprised about. But by involving the community in the development, you essentially kill three birds with one stone. DIscussion is kept on-track, the buyers are better educated about the product, and reputation is improved.

The AP thread I've mentioned is a great example of communicating the benefits of a product and educating your buyer. Right now AP's BRZ-#00 kits are some of the top kits to get because of how transparent their development process was. If I were putting together a track car, they would be #1 on my list.

Another thing that could be done is to hold off on a product's announcement until you have something to offer your customers. But teasing customers only works on early adopters with small to medium ticket items, not on multi-thousand dollar purchases.
I don't agree with a lot said here. It's the manufecturers who start the teasing and they make you feel like they want to hear feedback from us BUYERS. so an obsession begins for us to try to make sure they make what WE want (buyers) If Subaru had this kind of communication they would've never made the useless 08 WRX the way they did, It's simply lack of research and a disconnect from their end user.

Having the opportunity to tell the manufacturing company what we want is GOLD! I'm sure these guys are quietly reading the threads.

To me these kits are the difference between purchasing this car or not so my finances are basically tied in with what they have to offer. simple as that.
The Following User Says Thank You to nonicname For This Useful Post:
ManOfStiehl (11-14-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #446
RedRocket

Drives: Firestorm Red FR-S
Quote:

I think you missed the point of my post... as somebody mentioned earlier... VERY FEW people who comment on these threads will buy...

Even if they buy a FI kit, they will not buy TWO kits for the same car... YET their posting in 3-4 threads... AND THESE ARE THE MINORITIES.. 90% of these clowns posting don't have any solid plans to add FI to their car.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #447
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Quote:
I think you missed the point of my post... as somebody mentioned earlier... VERY FEW people who comment on these threads will buy...

Even if they buy a FI kit, they will not buy TWO kits for the same car... YET their posting in 3-4 threads... AND THESE ARE THE MINORITIES.. 90% of these clowns posting don't have any solid plans to add FI to their car.
But what does that matter?
The Following User Says Thank You to Draco-REX For This Useful Post:
JoeBoxer (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #448
ABQautoxer

Drives: 2021 Supra / 2022 Tundra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I agree. Though there are some on the fence about doing it, and I'm sure for many its both the fear of unreliability and costs. For example if I do FI kit A, I need a MAF and clutch but it deliveres the power I want. FI kit B, has lower, later power but does not require those add-ons.

I'm 90% sure about going FI. It's a debate between that and picking up another WRX to play with instead and yes these threads will not make my decision. However for me I'd much prefer the positive displacement SCs assuming they work as well as I would expect and they prove to be reliable. However I have no ruled out the centrifugal. There are many first time car owners here, and many more that have lower levels of car modding experience so guys like you have an opportunity to point out the key points. My only hope is those that do have the experience and knowledge do so in independent threads rather than too many negative comments in the vendor's threads as we have all seen.
JoeBoxer (11-15-2012)

Closed Thread