follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #85
White64Goat

Drives: 13 BRZ CBS LTD MT, 02 WRX
Thanked 1,111 Times in 627 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Except the fact that his picture includes the pressure plate which appears to be in fairly decent shape and not blued.
White64Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #86
FastOnFastOff

Drives: FR-S Asphalt/ CBR 1K
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suberman View Post
The scenario described is shifting into too low a gear with the clutch pedal on the floor. You realize your mistake before lifting off the clutch pedal and then you select the correct gear. You drive on not realizing you have damaged the clutch plate by over revving it. Then some time later it fails. Sound familiar or never happened? No one else drove the car without you in it?
I was downshifting. I don't recall, being in too low a gear or in an incorrect gear when the incident happened. There have been other situations where I accidentally downshifted when meaning to upshift like from 5th to 4th, when I meant to go into 6th. But that happens infrequently. Still, it's possible the clutch was over-revved like you guys are suggesting.

Has anyone else driven the car? Yes, my wife drove the car without me in it once to her women's bible study group. AHA!!!!

Last edited by FastOnFastOff; 11-25-2013 at 03:19 PM.
FastOnFastOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #87
FastOnFastOff

Drives: FR-S Asphalt/ CBR 1K
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post

The last (but not the worst) resort is to go with the wife's desires. Hey, its just a car and can be traded or sold ..... a good wife is hard to find ..... and can't be traded or sold ....

humfrz
I've been speaking with Auto Nation Toyota and several friends regarding the possibility of getting out of the lease. Most people are saying it's going to be nearly impossible to get into a new lease without losing a grip of money. What I'm wondering is, how much? If I lose more than $2K then, both my wife and I agree it's not worth it. What this all means, is that I still might be able to keep my FR-S!!

(Sorry to be slightly off the topic of the clutch here. Incident-related, but not topic-related.)
FastOnFastOff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FastOnFastOff For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-25-2013)
Old 01-11-2014, 03:49 AM   #88
Sparky fire

Drives: 2014 scion frs
to be a smart ass my mechanical throttle in my old truck got stuck wide open i just put it in neutral and stopped so i could get off the road safe.
Sparky fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:11 AM   #89
yzarc0g

Drives: PT Cruiser Beater, 2013 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastOnFastOff View Post
I've decided I'm going to eat the $1600 and just pay the damned bill. Should this problem occur again in the future, I don't know, maybe I can determine that I have a lemon on my hands. But for now, I'm frustrated and defeated.

I feel your pain brother.

"Mod the driver, then the car" - Unknown
"Slow is smooth and smooth is fast" - Shooter
yzarc0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #90
choi0706

Drives: t
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormFRS View Post
You're referring to the most educated engineers, programmers, and other technicians that investigated the space shuttle issues? Cause yeah they found nothing wrong with the electronics. The DOT found nothing wrong with the electronics. Every independent investigation found nothing wrong with the electronics.

The only defects found were in the pedal assembly which was marginal at best. The guy that died in the Lexus had floor mats stacked on top of the factory floor mats. Read more please.....

that's what I've seen.. people need to stop stacking floor mats on top of each other.. and use the supplied clips to keep them still.. I see OE mats bunched up near the pedals all too often..
choi0706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exploding clutch