follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 01-19-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
diss7
Banned

Drives: AE86, 2x GT86, TE27
Thanked 1,179 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Blitz ZZ-R Coilovers

Have been doing a bit of thinking of which way to go with suspension, and weighing up the specs/build quality/price/future proofing, I've ended up at the Blitz coil overs. Found here - http://www.blitz.co.jp/products/susp...mper_zz-r.html

Overall, I agree with alot of what has been discussed in seven's thread on suspension...
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26089

But disagree on the setup on two points. (No offence intended)

1. I'm not as keen on guessing at a ride height and being fixed with it. I would rather have some adjustability. I don't want to find out I need a little bit more height to clear a steep driveway or similar that I come across. At the same time, I may be able to go a fraction lower. (We had an earthquake here a couple of years ago and it munted a lot of the roads. So, don't want to be dropping out on the roads that have yet to be fixed) Also, quite conscious of spending $1000 - $1200 on a non height adjustable setup, only to never see that money again and end up getting a set of $2000 - $2500 coilovers.

2. Not so keen on equal rates front at rear. (And much less keen on stiffer rear rates that some are selling.) I agree in principle that adding a stiffer front bar is helping stiffen the front up, but I would rather put stiffer spring in the front first, and then evaluate whether the front sway needed replacement. fwiw I believe the front and rear bars would both benefit being maybe 2mm larger, not so sure about 22m front and stock rear.

But I need seat time to make a call on the sway bars.

Has anyone installed the Blitz coilovers yet? Any thoughts??
diss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
JoeBoxer

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
I posted a thread on these a few months ago, I like the specs on them also but the rear was pretty soft rates. there is the question of warranty and serviceability down the road.
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:37 AM   #3
diss7
Banned

Drives: AE86, 2x GT86, TE27
Thanked 1,179 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoxer View Post
I posted a thread on these a few months ago, I like the specs on them also but the rear was pretty soft rates. there is the question of warranty and serviceability down the road.
Agree that the rear is soft compared to others. My car is being setup as a sporty street car, no track use. Also, it will help with traction with an FI setup.
diss7 is offline   Reply With Quote