follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #295
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueno86power View Post
Oh great info man ! For the antenna, the one I've found on eBay didn't need triming at all... It "click" right there !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-CAR-N.../320819856679?

Yup that's the one I bought, some may need trimming though like the one in another thread I heard.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:03 PM   #296
FRSBRZGT86FAN

GOT IT WORKING!!! THANKS GUYS!!!!

It works great!!! I'll test it out fully far from home tomorrow!

Interesting enough it does that toyota and scion logo at startup I'd like it to do just the toyota one honestly
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 03-09-2016, 06:35 PM   #297
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by P@ul View Post
I don't know what happened to the traffic app. It seemed to have broken when Toyota dumped Bing Search. I have the upgraded Entune software (5.0 or whatever), but I've never gotten traffic to turn back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Does anyone with a functioning navigation unit have traffic conditions displayed, like a Garmin does?

That would be the icing on the cake.
I updated mine to 5.0 and it works fine, it pulls data on startup from my phone, although I'm not sure if it's using the traffic data to dynamically reroute based on it, but using the navigation for over a week I've had no issues.

Also the entune app for me I used the VIN of the car I got the module out of and it works flawlessly. Although it does have a slight bit of input lag for things.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #298
P@ul
Apostle

Drives: JesusMobile
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
I updated mine to 5.0 and it works fine, it pulls data on startup from my phone, although I'm not sure if it's using the traffic data to dynamically reroute based on it, but using the navigation for over a week I've had no issues.

Also the entune app for me I used the VIN of the car I got the module out of and it works flawlessly. Although it does have a slight bit of input lag for things.

Traffic used to have an overlay onto the map (green/yellow/red) indicating traffic conditions. It could also reroute based on traffic and offer detours if you were caught in something. It was no Waze, but it was better than driving blind.

All the other data features work as far as I can tell, however I only use voice nav, voice search, and Pandora.
P@ul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #299
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Traffic used to have an overlay onto the map (green/yellow/red) indicating traffic conditions. It could also reroute based on traffic and offer detours if you were caught in something. It was no Waze, but it was better than driving blind.

All the other data features work as far as I can tell, however I only use voice nav, voice search, and Pandora.
Do you happen to know what the latest version of entune was before 5.0? Or will downgrading make it so that the app no longer can communicate with the head unit
Old 03-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #300
P@ul
Apostle

Quote:
Do you happen to know what the latest version of entune was before 5.0? Or will downgrading make it so that the app no longer can communicate with the head unit
I think I had 3.2.

Toyota ended their relationship with Microsoft/Bing, so my voice search and traffic stopped working. I think the other apps still worked. That's why the 5.0 upgrade is posted on their webpage and was emailed out to owners.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #301
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
I think I had 3.2.

Toyota ended their relationship with Microsoft/Bing, so my voice search and traffic stopped working. I think the other apps still worked. That's why the 5.0 upgrade is posted on their webpage and was emailed out to owners.

That makes sense so even if you were to downgrade it wouldn't make a bit of difference
Old 03-17-2016, 08:47 PM   #302
Rustysw20

Drives: Red Mr2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Special thanks to this thread! I just installed a factory nav unit in my MR2 Spyder by using a 2015 yaris head unit (pt546-52150) and a 2012 prius extension box (pt296-47120). I am curious if any iPhone users can wirelessly connect data to the radio without using the usb. I suspect that since this an older extension box that I have to use the usb. Are there any of using pt296-47130 or pt296-47141 and an iPhone?

Rustysw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustysw20 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (03-31-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 04:28 PM   #303
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:

Quote:
I think I had 3.2.

I wanted to update, with the entune app running and on the highway for quite some time recently the traffic does appear, in fact it would dynamic reroute and say "Traffic Jam ahead" and avoided it.
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
trueno86power (04-04-2016)
Old 04-04-2016, 01:21 PM   #304
P@ul
Apostle

Quote:
I wanted to update, with the entune app running and on the highway for quite some time recently the traffic does appear, in fact it would dynamic reroute and say "Traffic Jam ahead" and avoided it.

Hmm... Maybe I should try it again.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #305
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sky View Post
So i have that touchscreen on my 10 series, but i dont have navi upgrade,,
do i just buy the antenna and plug and play ?
Does the GPS antenna fit on my 2013 10 series radio???

Last edited by FR-Sky; 04-27-2016 at 02:41 AM.
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #306
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Does the GPS antenna fit on my 2013 10 series radio???

The GPS antenna in the first post will fit, you're not actually connecting it to the head unit, you're connecting it to the entune module. It snapped right in for me and didn't require any cutting as he mentioned. The head unit in your car is the standard one that is in mine btw.

This is what you'll need:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-CAR-N.../320819856679?

This prius v navigation unit contains the module you will remove:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-Toyota-Ca...lXCAWj&vxp=mtr

that's actually what I did, I bought a cheap prius V head unit for around $150-$200 and pulled the module out

You'll also need this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Toyota-Accessories-PT296-47120-AB-Harness/dp/B00DWVNAT2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_14?ie=UTF8&dpID=31WwBXzITjL&dpS rc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1PZ1Z5 HZM4CNQBPFNS0Q"]Amazon.com: Genuine Toyota Accessories PT296-47120-AB Wire Harness: Automotive[/ame]

It interfaces the navigation module to the head unit

Also the brackets described in the first post are honestly optional, I used 3M VHB double sided tape to hold them both together
FR-Sky (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #307
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I am still confused lol. The head unit in the first post,,he is using exactly the same as my radio head unit..i understand i need the GPS antenna,,but i dont understand the module and the wire harness.. can you explain little bit more ....i wish i can give you 1000 thanks

P.s Prius V head unit looks bigger than my oem radio head unit...how can it fits?
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:52 PM   #308
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
I am still confused lol. The head unit in the first post,,he is using exactly the same as my radio head unit..i understand i need the GPS antenna,,but i dont understand the module and the wire harness.. can you explain little bit more ....i wish i can give you 1000 thanks

P.s Prius V head unit looks bigger than my oem radio head unit...how can it fits?

Dude you're not listening or comprehending at all, you take that MODULE in the bottom and the gps antenna plugs into that and the wiring harness connects that module to the OEM head unit read the first post slowly.
FR-Sky (04-28-2016)