follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-17-2020, 03:13 AM   #1
SumDizzy

Drives: Silver 2018 Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Stuck in closed loop?

Hey all,

Relatively new 86 owner and first time ecu tuner here. After some research on how the fueling system on the twins work it seems like my car is not going into open loop fueling during WOT. I've tried researching heavily on this forum and others but it doesn't seem like anyone has ran into this before (or more likely I'm just misunderstanding something).

What I'm seeing in my logs is that the fueling system status=2 when the car is idling, cruising, and during WOT. It does go to open loop (fueling system status=4) when engine braking or changing gears. I'm pretty sure those are the correct fields because the STFT also matches up perfectly with fueling system status: flat lining in open loop.

My car is a 2018 Toyota 86 GT and a lot of the stuff I've read seems to have been posted from 2013-2015 so I'm not sure if the later models just work slightly different. I didn't dig up anything that would suggest that.

The only mod I have is a Flex Fuel Kit from Delicious Tuning running 91 octane. I'm using the stock tune which I've modified to disregard A/F Correction #3 and A/F Correction Learned Limits as suggested in the forums; ignore codes around the defunct O2 sensor, heat sensor, and cat monitoring; and adjust the pedal feel to be more linear (copied from the OFT Stage 1 tunes).

Note:
I bought a tune from Delicious Tuning but it's also for a header upgrade which is currently a few weeks away. I thought I'd take the time and tinker with tuning which I find pretty interesting.

Interested to hear your thoughts
SumDizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:23 AM   #2
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,064 Times in 773 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
US tunes after 2017 (>K00C) have closed loop also during WOT, with a threshold for catalyst temp that if exceeded it triggers the open loop and different afr map
No worries it s normal
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tomm.brz For This Useful Post:
DocWalt (12-02-2021)

Tags
closed loop, fueling system, open loop, toyota 86, tuning