follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
bunches7399

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Difference between E85 tunes

Got my OFT and saw the compatible tunes for my car after writing, whats the difference between VEL E85 tune and EL E85 tune?
bunches7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #2
Antstronaut
So Hot Right Now

Drives: '14 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunches7399 View Post
Got my OFT and saw the compatible tunes for my car after writing, whats the difference between VEL E85 tune and EL E85 tune?
UEL is for Unequal length header and EL is for Equal Length header.

With the stock header, you will want to run Stage 2 E85 EL header.

See steve99's post for more information: How to run E85 on stock 86 BRZ FRS with OFT tune

Edit: And welcome to the club!
Installed: | Perrin: Resonated 2.5" Catback, Oil Cooler, Radiator Hoses, Inlet Tube, Filter, and Shorty Antenna | Openflash Tablet | Cusco AOS Catch Can | FBM Radiator | RCE Yellows | Whiteline Camber Bolts & Rear Adjustment Bushings | Michelin Pilot SS | Konig Feathers | Valenti Smoked Tails | ProTeckt Skidplates | Diode Dynamics LED Int/Ext

Last edited by Antstronaut; 08-30-2014 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Moar werds
Antstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:16 PM   #3
bunches7399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antstronaut View Post
UEL is for Unequal length header and EL is for Equal Length header.

With the stock header, you will want to run Stage 2 E85 EL header.

See steve99's post for more information: How to run E85 on stock 86 BRZ FRS with OFT tune

Edit: And welcome to the club!
Thanks man! Also, any tips on getting launch control with RomRaider? im struggling in getting my ECU definitions
Old 08-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #4
Antstronaut
So Hot Right Now

Quote:
Thanks man! Also, any tips on getting launch control with RomRaider? im struggling in getting my ECU definitions
You are most welcome!

The newer OTS tunes v2.0+ have launch control and flat footed shifting enabled by default. (I'm not sure on the v1.59 maps.)

There was a couple of CAL ID's whose maps didn't have them but I believe Shiv has corrected that so all of them have LC and FFS.

Make sure you are using the definitions provided with the maps when editing in RomRaider.
Also, there are differences in the definitions between v1.59 and v2.0 so make sure you move the appropriate definition to the top before loading.

Here is the thread with information for the v2.0+ maps: OpenFlash Tablet: OTS v2.0 Beta (132 new maps, 12 new XMLs) Available for Download

(For the record, I have never used FFS or LC so I may not be the best source on information.)

Hope that helps!
Installed: | Perrin: Resonated 2.5" Catback, Oil Cooler, Radiator Hoses, Inlet Tube, Filter, and Shorty Antenna | Openflash Tablet | Cusco AOS Catch Can | FBM Radiator | RCE Yellows | Whiteline Camber Bolts & Rear Adjustment Bushings | Michelin Pilot SS | Konig Feathers | Valenti Smoked Tails | ProTeckt Skidplates | Diode Dynamics LED Int/Ext

Last edited by Antstronaut; 08-30-2014 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
See OFT TIPS link below has info on setting LC FFS.

Get the romraider definitions from OFT downloads page the V2 definitions era different to v1 defs very important to use correct defs v2 defs in zip file with tunes.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:45 PM   #6
bunches7399

I cant get the damn XML files to show up in RomRaider, I have the right XML loaded into the manager but after I click save nothing shows up
Old 08-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
Antstronaut
So Hot Right Now

Quote:
I cant get the damn XML files to show up in RomRaider, I have the right XML loaded into the manager but after I click save nothing shows up
After you save the definition are you opening the .bin file?
(Just a little lost on what part you are at.)
Old 08-30-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
bunches7399

Ill try to clarify a little better, sorry I was getting really frustrated so I was being vauge. but thanks for all your info

Im in RR, have the downloaded XML files off OFTs website, I go to definition file manager to add the files, have XML selected, and click save so where do I go after that? nothing changes in RRs after I do that
Old 08-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #9
Antstronaut
So Hot Right Now

Quote:
Ill try to clarify a little better, sorry I was getting really frustrated so I was being vauge. but thanks for all your info

Im in RR, have the downloaded XML files off OFTs website, I go to definition file manager to add the files, have XML selected, and click save so where do I go after that? nothing changes in RRs after I do that
I can understand your frustration but best to keep a cool head when troubleshooting or learning new software

You would want to go to Open (I believe as I'm not at my PC with RR) and then navigate to where you uncompressed the zip file and open the preferred bin (map/tune) file.

Hope this helps, I will be in front of my PC with RomRaider installed in about an hour if you are still stuck.

Last edited by Antstronaut; 08-30-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Moar werds
Old 08-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #10
bunches7399

I ended up just downloading the updated versions of the MAPs for OFM and ended up loading them. I was eager for testing out the LC lol. but in the 2.05 tune i noticed a whistling noise that wasnt there before coming from the engine bay. is it safe to run completely stock?

In rom raiders i just cant get the XMLs in rom raiders is my problem
Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #11
Antstronaut
So Hot Right Now

Quote:
I ended up just downloading the updated versions of the MAPs for OFM and ended up loading them. I was eager for testing out the LC lol. but in the 2.05 tune i noticed a whistling noise that wasnt there before coming from the engine bay. is it safe to run completely stock?

In rom raiders i just cant get the XMLs in rom raiders is my problem
Which map are you using?

You would want to load the .bin files in RomRaider by clicking File > Open Image and navigating to the location of the downloaded bin files from OpenFlash.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Here is a video if it helps:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SV3VpV_1E"]Uploading Files to OpenFlash Tablet[/ame]

Last edited by Antstronaut; 08-30-2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 08-30-2014, 09:14 PM   #12
bunches7399

I wasnt unzipping the files... lol. im a retard, i didnt even think of that

but Im currently running Stage 2 EL E85 v2.05
just drove it around for about 20 minutes and its running fine now

Again, thanks for all the help man! Your awesome
Old 08-31-2014, 08:11 AM   #13
Antstronaut
So Hot Right Now

Quote:
I wasnt unzipping the files... lol. im a retard, i didnt even think of that

but Im currently running Stage 2 EL E85 v2.05
just drove it around for about 20 minutes and its running fine now

Again, thanks for all the help man! Your awesome
You are most welcome just glad you got it sorted out and don't worry about it, we all have to start somewhere!

Enjoy the corn juice!

Tags
oft, openflash, openflash tablet, tune, vishnu