follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2015, 01:57 AM   #1
SisterBlue22
Senior Member
 
SisterBlue22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: "Frances" - 2013 FR-S in Firestorm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 103
Thanks: 85
Thanked 69 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Learned some interesting things about my car today...

I bought my 2013 FR-S here in Phoenix on May 24th and took it in for its first oil change today. My service advisor was able to give me some service records by what was logged to the VIN number. It had quite the interesting life before I bought it!

My car was purchased new in Mississippi, but had its first oil change at 4000 miles here in Phoenix. It had regular oil changes which is good, I guess. It's also had the fuel pump replaced on the service bulletin (for crickets I'm assuming?), and the right taillight replaced due to the condensation issue.

It also had what the service records only described as a "minor repair" to the front bumper. Anyone have any idea what that might have been? I can't find anything that looks "repaired" so I guess that's good.

Was pretty cool to look back into her history and see that she seemed to be well taken care of before she came to me.

Anyone else have one with an interesting history before you bought it?
__________________
SisterBlue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:10 AM   #2
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
soulreapersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,029
Thanks: 11,347
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Paint chips? That's the only thing that I could think of...

The only history that my car has is the one I'm creating right now. :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey, you're the one asking me to shove a turbo engine in my pants.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #3
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,095
Thanks: 61,167
Thanked 106,160 Times in 45,800 Posts
Mentioned: 2458 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
My car was the dealer showcase vehicle for the TRD and dealer add ons so was well traveled to such places as the tint shop and such and spent some time on the streets. It also sat in the showroom for several months and had several hundred people in it. She is sort of like a moderately priced hooker I guess.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:55 AM   #4
Ultramaroon
soft and fluffy
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 30,002
Thanks: 48,520
Thanked 33,547 Times in 17,546 Posts
Mentioned: 1068 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
My ultramarine was rejected by its previous owner because, after the owner's husband bought and drove it for 1800 miles, she came home and took it straight back to the dealer.

She wanted a red one.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ultramaroon For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (08-09-2015), DAEMANO (08-09-2015), Jrryjms07 (08-09-2015), Tcoat (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 03:59 AM   #5
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
 
soulreapersteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Location: Seattle
Posts: 5,029
Thanks: 11,347
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
My ultramarine was rejected by its previous owner because, after the owner's husband bought and drove it for 1800 miles, she came home and took it straight back to the dealer.

She wanted a red one.

Dude, that's like someone not wanting a puppy because of how it looks after buying it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey, you're the one asking me to shove a turbo engine in my pants.
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soulreapersteve For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (08-09-2015), Ultramaroon (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 AM   #6
Impureclient
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Drives: 2015 FR-S
Location: NPR, Florida
Posts: 2,404
Thanks: 1,802
Thanked 2,902 Times in 1,281 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yeah but who wants a ultramarine puppy?

This thread got me thinking. When I bought mine they said the only thing on the history was just the oil change when it arrived at the dealership at 4000 miles. Since they say the oil is changed every 10k or 7.5k or whatever, why did they change the oil at 4kthen? I think I'm going to have to look at the screen myself and see what is what.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (08-09-2015), Ultramaroon (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 04:37 AM   #7
WhiteFRS69
Senior Member
 
WhiteFRS69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Location: NNJ
Posts: 2,289
Thanks: 1,808
Thanked 1,432 Times in 756 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Lol I watched mine drive off the truck.....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WhiteFRS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:40 AM   #8
Kiwi Greg
Member
 
Kiwi Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Drives: 2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 36
Thanks: 9
Thanked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mine had 10 kms on it when I first saw it in the showroom & 22 on it when I got it home :-)
Kiwi Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:38 AM   #9
Mini&aVette
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2015 FR-S 1.0 very yellow
Location: Port Saint Lucie FL
Posts: 27
Thanks: 22
Thanked 30 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterBlue22 View Post
I bought my 2013 FR-S here in Phoenix on May 24th and took it in for its first oil change today. My service advisor was able to give me some service records by what was logged to the VIN number. It had quite the interesting life before I bought it!

My car was purchased new in Mississippi, but had its first oil change at 4000 miles here in Phoenix. It had regular oil changes which is good, I guess. It's also had the fuel pump replaced on the service bulletin (for crickets I'm assuming?), and the right taillight replaced due to the condensation issue.

It also had what the service records only described as a "minor repair" to the front bumper. Anyone have any idea what that might have been? I can't find anything that looks "repaired" so I guess that's good.

Was pretty cool to look back into her history and see that she seemed to be well taken care of before she came to me.

Anyone else have one with an interesting history before you bought it?

On some cars the front bumper clips needed to be replaced.
Mini&aVette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mini&aVette For This Useful Post:
SisterBlue22 (08-09-2015)
Old 08-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
ZionsWrath
Thanks
 
ZionsWrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: NY
Posts: 4,151
Thanks: 5,979
Thanked 3,090 Times in 1,493 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Sounds like the previous owner was a little anal. Which is a good thing for your service history. But he probably sold the car because he was fed up with all the little nuances and couldn't just enjoy the car.

I have crickets, peeling steering wheel, saggy bumper, taillight condensation (fixed under warranty), shitty GPS signal (fixed also)
What else? Slow, torque dip

Haha hope you know what your getting yourself into. You are going to love it or hate it too
__________________
ZionsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #11
SisterBlue22
Senior Member
 
SisterBlue22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: "Frances" - 2013 FR-S in Firestorm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 103
Thanks: 85
Thanked 69 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Sounds like the previous owner was a little anal. Which is a good thing for your service history. But he probably sold the car because he was fed up with all the little nuances and couldn't just enjoy the car.

I have crickets, peeling steering wheel, saggy bumper, taillight condensation (fixed under warranty), shitty GPS signal (fixed also)
What else? Slow, torque dip

Haha hope you know what your getting yourself into. You are going to love it or hate it too
Well, I know the previous owner traded in my FR-S plus another vehicle and bought a brand new Audi (sister dealerships on the same lot). They traded it in on the Audi side, but sold it from the BMW side, which is where I bought it from.

Definitely know what I'm getting into, and I love every bit of it. I wanted that raw "driver" feel, with the noise, and the bumps, and the feel of the road, and that's exactly what I love about her. I've owned both '76 and '77 Triumph Spitfires as play cars, and those were the epitome of a high maintenance bitch.
__________________
SisterBlue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:58 PM   #12
SisterBlue22
Senior Member
 
SisterBlue22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: "Frances" - 2013 FR-S in Firestorm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 103
Thanks: 85
Thanked 69 Times in 37 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Yeah but who wants a ultramarine puppy?

This thread got me thinking. When I bought mine they said the only thing on the history was just the oil change when it arrived at the dealership at 4000 miles. Since they say the oil is changed every 10k or 7.5k or whatever, why did they change the oil at 4kthen? I think I'm going to have to look at the screen myself and see what is what.
My history shows that mine was changed for the first time around 4k as well. Is that a break in oil change, I wonder? They had just driven it from MS to AZ, I guess...
__________________
SisterBlue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #13
Ultramaroon
soft and fluffy
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 30,002
Thanks: 48,520
Thanked 33,547 Times in 17,546 Posts
Mentioned: 1068 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Dude, that's like someone not wanting a puppy because of how it looks after buying it.
I know, right? Now I'm the smug holier-than-thou guy because I drive a rescue car.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ultramaroon For This Useful Post:
FRSapex (08-10-2015), soulreapersteve (08-09-2015)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Everything I know, I learned from the internet. Chillswitch Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 17 01-09-2015 03:31 PM
KC learned, what does it mean? wparsons Software Tuning 4 08-16-2014 12:37 AM
New thing I learned about this car.. Lord-Hydro Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 33 07-22-2014 04:52 PM
Today I learned (TIL) IloveBaldEagles Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] 5 03-16-2013 09:15 PM
Some Interesting things from a Dealer event Yesterday Scooby South BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 43 05-06-2012 05:22 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.