follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2014, 11:53 PM   #15
greencounty

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Did you try powering your camera from the beatsonic harness?

I'm not familiar with that particular harness, but I'm assuming there is a +12V output on the harness. You must use that.

From what you've said, it sounds like the problem is that you are powering from another source. The headunit does a check when you first turn the car on. It will momentarily turn on the camera's power pin to see if anything is connected. If you connect it to the backup lights, then the camera won't be on during the check(and therefore it won't be recognized). I have not tried mine connected to ACC power but you don't want that because it tends to wear out the camera pretty fast.

I will tell you that the relay harness that I bought functions as you would expect(The reverse camera will come on in reverse regardless of the configuration when I started the car).
1969 Mustang Fastback 4MT - Royal Maroon
greencounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:51 PM   #16
mike7792

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Thanks for all the help. I finally had time to pull apart the trim to see all the wiring and discovered that the guy who was helping me install the first time around had been powering the camera from the reverse light all along.
Solved the problem now and everything works as it should.

Thanks again.
mike7792 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mike7792 For This Useful Post:
NIN69 (09-29-2014)
Old 04-23-2017, 03:23 AM   #17
BaBaFlyingSheep

Drives: 2015 BRZ Ltd 6MT
Reviving a Necro-thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencounty View Post
Did you try powering your camera from the beatsonic harness?

I'm not familiar with that particular harness, but I'm assuming there is a +12V output on the harness. You must use that.

From what you've said, it sounds like the problem is that you are powering from another source. The headunit does a check when you first turn the car on. It will momentarily turn on the camera's power pin to see if anything is connected. If you connect it to the backup lights, then the camera won't be on during the check(and therefore it won't be recognized). I have not tried mine connected to ACC power but you don't want that because it tends to wear out the camera pretty fast.

I will tell you that the relay harness that I bought functions as you would expect(The reverse camera will come on in reverse regardless of the configuration when I started the car).
My harness only came with a 6V wire. If I don't have that relay harness, do you know of another 12V source I could tap into, without the "always on 12V ACC power"?

Are you using the autoharnesshouse relay?
From my understanding, you disconnect your 16-pin parking brake, and connect it back into the harness, but from the pictures, it looks like it's missing that 16-pin "reconnect".
BaBaFlyingSheep is offline   Reply With Quote