follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-02-2019, 08:21 AM   #15
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
I have clocked over a million miles on the road and have seen hundreds of weird and wonderful things.
My very favourite ever was a live chicken clinging to the top of the cages on a truck while it was doing 75 mph down the highway. He was all hunched down with his head stuck way out as if riding a fast bike. Followed that thing for miles laughing my ass off and yelling "HANG IN THERE BUDDY". He made it to the off ramp so I have to assume he survived the trip and very possibly escaped death by decapitation and nugget press.
7 skulls (08-02-2019), Dadhawk (08-02-2019), Impureclient (08-02-2019), korhun (08-02-2019), Spuds (10-13-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #16
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,981 Times in 2,197 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyIZuYeUWPI[/ame]
Old 08-02-2019, 10:42 PM   #17
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
This is a kind of a Florida man story. Not sure if I am Florida man or the other guy is though here. I was in the work van in left lane driving in a 6 lane highway when we coming up where our three lanes condensed down
into 2 due to work being done ahead right before a light. Usually normal people in the left lane will begin to zipper in and normal people let them in.

So a non-normal person to my right(middle lane) decides just as I zippered in to speed up and jump in front of me and slam on the breaks. So with a trailer in tow and slowing down coming up to the light along with this maneuver by moron,
I was either going to slam into his rear-end or have to jump back out into the left lane where cones where at.

I quickly jerked the wheel and almost clipped him and then not wanting to hit into the workers/equipment all in the left lane, I pushed back into the middle lane. Except my trailer did clip this time and rip his whole front
bumper off and a few other things. I say a few other things because this car was literally held together by duct tape and bungee cords...no joke. I knew he did it on purpose and was super pissed and he knew he did it on purpose.

So as far as I was concerned we both essentially made an unspoken agreement in whatever happened there, it was his fault. My trailer of course is perfectly fine since the tire did the shredding on his trash car. So I just figured that was that.
I guess he forgot our unspoken agreement and came running up when we stopped at the light(dressed in women's clothing and makeup) and said I had hit him and I need to pull over. I said "I didn't hit you" and the light turned green and drove off.
I didn't have a dash cam but if I did I might have just waited around and made this clown look stupid but I don't so I figured meh.

And the best part is later that night the State police came by since he grabbed my plate number and asked what happened. I said I had no such incident occur and without any damage at all(not even a scuff on the tire), there was nothing except this psychos story about his car falling apart to go off of. Pretty sure the trooper knew what actually happened but after him telling me this guy had similar incidents happen to him before he understood what really happened but wasn't letting him get away with it again.

Actually maybe really the best part was that when after I got home from work that day and before the trooper arrived I realized I had sitting in the bed of my trailer the perfectly intact side side fender garnish from his car, an old Saturn.
It looked like it was actually off of a 80's Buick and probably glued on there, this car was after all pieced together and held with those duct tape and bungee cords. So now I have a cool memento I have hanging in the van to remember the whole incident by.
I did look into his arrest record later that night since the trooper gave me his info and realized the whole looking for accidents thing was just a small part of who this guy is and what he gets arrested for. For real, this guy WAS Florida man you all hear about.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-02-2019), Spuds (10-13-2019)
Old 09-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #18
alan.chalkley

Drives: 4wd zooks
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Today i was stopped at a red light in the yaris and there was a loud bang of a ufo into the rear window , like a high speed bird strike.
It was actually a plastic hubcap that came off a speeding car and it flew like a ufo , lucky it was a plastic one and did no damage.
alan.chalkley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alan.chalkley For This Useful Post:
Lantanafrs2 (09-23-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 01:02 AM   #19
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Around April of last year, while driving on the freeway, I witnessed a black Dodge Durango swerve straight into a wall and keep driving against it, running down a sign and only stopping after crashing into a light pole... which I never saw about to fall on my car.

While trying to pull over, I drove past the SUV, and hear this loud thud somewhere behind me. Thinking I ran over some debris, I thought nothing of it and just focused on finding a safe space to park my car. I got out, quickly turned my head to check for any damage - there was none, and ran to the SUV - jumping over the now fallen light pole in the process, realizing that this was the sound I heard.

Driver had some kind of drug overdose and fell into a seizure - hence the sudden veering into a wall. But what really made this weird for me was how close that light pole came to falling on my car - the light pole fell at least a foot or two - if not inches just behind my car.

Anyone watched Fate of the Furious? Remember that Rocket Bunny BRZ that got trapped under scaffolding? That's almost exactly what happened to me, albeit on a much smaller scale.

So yeah - by sheer luck I managed to avoid losing my FR-S to a light pole because of some drugged driver. Seems I've always had that by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Spuds (10-13-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #20
tehShirt

Drives: 2014 Subaru Forester
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Earlier in the year I was taking a road trip to see a friend in TN. Traffic was sparse on the highway and the speed limit was 70mph. A minivan in front of me started driving sporadically and turned on their hazards. There was a shower of sparks as their driver side wheel ejected itself across the lanes into a brand new BMW SUV.

This was the second time in my life I had witnessed a minivan wheel in its first moments of high-speed freedom.
tehShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 09:31 AM   #21
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Drove in to work this morning and everyone drove somewhat responsibly. No one crossed the center line on a sharp left bend or while driving straight and clearly checking their phone. No one lost 10 mph going uphill just to gain 15 mph down, or drove at 40 mph as the speed limit changed from 45 outside of town to 25 in, and then back up to 45. No one drove 2" off my rear bumper because the car in front of me was driving the speed limit. Heck, they all even used their turn signals -- before they started to turn!

Weird shit, man. Weird shit.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
korhun (09-24-2019), Leonardo (09-24-2019), Spuds (10-13-2019), Tcoat (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #22
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobsMcGee View Post
Drove in to work this morning and everyone drove somewhat responsibly. No one crossed the center line on a sharp left bend or while driving straight and clearly checking their phone. No one lost 10 mph going uphill just to gain 15 mph down, or drove at 40 mph as the speed limit changed from 45 outside of town to 25 in, and then back up to 45. No one drove 2" off my rear bumper because the car in front of me was driving the speed limit. Heck, they all even used their turn signals -- before they started to turn!

In the past 30 days on the 30 mile streach of highway (the Canadian version of an interstate) for home to work I have seen:

A truck dragging about a 12 foot long 4"x4" wooden beam attached to about 30 feet of banding strap.
A very, VERY large dog that appeared to have jumped from a moving car. It was dead on the shoulder of course.
A Porsche with a mattress and box spring tied to the roof. The mattress was flapping at about a 60 degree angle from the wind.
A crunched car that had been hit by a wheel that came off a transport. I haven't seen that in about 20 years since they cracked down on inspections.
Not one. Not two. Not three, but four transport trucks doing 65 with less than a foot between each of them.
A Dodge Ram living up to it's name and hitting a large construction cone square on at full speed. Let me tell you those cones can fly! It may have actually been the launch of the Canadian space program.
And...
A BRZ doing under 50 when the rest of the traffic was doing 70. The dude will die doing that too often.
ScoobsMcGee (09-24-2019), Spuds (10-13-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #23
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I may or may not have left out a few details in the name of comedic license. Which has been suspended 48 times now for not being funny.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (10-13-2019), Spuds (10-13-2019), Tcoat (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #24
Tcoat

Quote:
I may or may not have left out a few details in the name of comedic license. Which has been suspended 48 times now for not being funny.
Well I thought it was hilarious! I actually LOL'd.

ScoobsMcGee (09-24-2019)
Old 09-24-2019, 03:25 PM   #25
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:

Nah, it would have been weird if it were California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:26 AM   #26
alan.chalkley

Drives: 4wd zooks
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Today , a chronologically challenged driver reversed into the side of our parked white camry , $$$$ this is the third time this has happened with this boring car.
At least this time around he left his details and we will get some fresh white paint on the camry.
I think some drivers don't see white cars in the bright aussie sunlight.
alan.chalkley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alan.chalkley For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #27
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,432 Times in 6,147 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:

Next you'll be telling me this happened in some kind of precipitation.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
ScoobsMcGee (10-13-2019)
Old 10-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #28
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,322 Times in 7,380 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
We have a major railroad line that passes parallel to the road next to my work with a crossing about 60 yards from my bay door. About 5 or 6 years ago a few of us our setting up our BBQ's in the bay door to cook for the whole building. Crossing guard comes down and starts flashing and making noise. Couple westbound cars are sitting there stopped. Then this beat F150 work truck comes cruising up, bashes through the crossing guard, and the rear gets smacked by the train as it goes by. We went running over, and there is no driver in the truck. Cops show up, everyone is looking around and there is no driver. After about 5 minutes someone notices some dude a couple blocks up the road all bloodied. It was the driver, turns out his truck lost the brakes and he had to bail out.

Used to have pictures on my phone.
NoHaveMSG is online now   Reply With Quote