follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #71
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
You would think looking in foresight that autocorrect would aid the spelling of a society..... Every misspelled word corrects itself! Everyone will always be corrected and know how to spell thingz next time!

quite the opposite has happened. I spell like a downy since college because of autocorrect..
Nobody pays attention when it fixes it so they think they spelled it right. Now if it gave a you a shock each time it had to fix it...
Old 09-01-2015, 09:06 PM   #72
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Nobody pays attention when it fixes it so they think they spelled it right. Now if it gave a you a shock each time it had to fix it...
Well now, @Tcoat, that wouldn't work for us who are short term memory challenged ....... and by the time our long term memory kicked in, all we would remember was that we were shocked ...... and it was Tcoats's idea ......

What was this thread about ??......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Bergen23 (09-01-2015), fx1mark (09-01-2015), NWFRS (10-08-2015), olsonpg (09-01-2015), Tcoat (09-01-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #73
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well now, @Tcoat, that wouldn't work for us who are short term memory challenged ....... and by the time our long term memory kicked in, all we would remember was that we were shocked ...... and it was Tcoats's idea ......

What was this thread about ??......

humfrz
How about if it gave you a hard candy each time then?
humfrz (09-01-2015), NWFRS (10-08-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 04:11 AM   #74
RallybluBrz

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz Rally Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Most of what you said makes sense but this is a little extreme and I am sure it is also totally unsupportable.
Yes they may get in more accidents then some but if this would be the case all of our insurance rates would be quadrupled by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Maybe he meant in 50 years 1/3 will have survived worth saving, which may be true looking at sports cars that were affordable over the past 50 years... There's a reason most clean '85 Corollas fetch >$8k (it's original purchase price) nowadays...
Yeah, very delayed here with this, but I meant many years down the road.
And since it's not a "perminate" model, that's a real bonus for an early model sports car and it's overall desirability.
And also, I don't think I've grown a pair since last I checked...yup...still female.

NTHEBRZ
Roseville
RallybluBrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:48 AM   #75
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallybluBrz View Post
Yeah, very delayed here with this, but I meant many years down the road.
And since it's not a "perminate" model, that's a real bonus for an early model sports car and it's overall desirability.
And also, I don't think I've grown a pair since last I checked...yup...still female.

NTHEBRZ
Roseville
Better late than never!
The way it was written sounded like by the time a car rolls off the line two have already been smashed up. If that was the case we would be in the negative numbers by now. If you meant that they will get wrecked at a faster rate then some other cars then ya they probably will.

How are we supposed to know what body parts you have (and why does it matter anyway)?
Old 10-08-2015, 06:30 AM   #76
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Drives: Honda Accord (2002)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've seen others talk about this before but... Part of the issue is that a good chunk of dealerships with the twins know nothing about them and/or how to sell them...

I kid you not but one dealer tried to sell me on the car by hyping up the "numerous" technological features of the interior.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how the Genesis is selling / has experience dealing with Hyundai dealers? I wonder if their pitch is more refined...
02.ACCORD.DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:42 AM   #77
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02.ACCORD.DUDE View Post
I've seen others talk about this before but... Part of the issue is that a good chunk of dealerships with the twins know nothing about them and/or how to sell them...

I kid you not but one dealer tried to sell me on the car by hyping up the "numerous" technological features of the interior.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how the Genesis is selling / has experience dealing with Hyundai dealers? I wonder if their pitch is more refined...
Like always dealer experiences vary. My Toyota dealership sells very few Scions and they were very upfront about saying they didn't know much about it. Cant say how well the Genesis is selling overall but around here there are probably 10 for every FRS I see. I did look at them and the salesman was pushing it like it was some super car. "Best acceleration in class" Handling can't be beat by anything" "Most high tech electronics in the market" You would think it was a bloody $200K car the way he hyped it up.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #78
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Quote:
Like always dealer experiences vary. My Toyota dealership sells very few Scions and they were very upfront about saying they didn't know much about it. Cant say how well the Genesis is selling overall but around here there are probably 10 for every FRS I see. I did look at them and the salesman was pushing it like it was some super car. "Best acceleration in class" Handling can't be beat by anything" "Most high tech electronics in the market" You would think it was a bloody $200K car the way he hyped it up.
Could also be the time of the year I looked... The Genesis I find interesting because I feel like it successfully sells to the demographic the FRS/BRZ execs want to sell to...
Old 10-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #79
Tcoat

Quote:
Could also be the time of the year I looked... The Genesis I find interesting because I feel like it successfully sells to the demographic the FRS/BRZ execs want to sell to...
They are a very nice GT type coupe. Was second in line in my choices. I never test drove the V6 but if I had it may even have won me over.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #80
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Quote:
They are a very nice GT type coupe. Was second in line in my choices. I never test drove the V6 but if I had it may even have won me over.
Yeah I have a friend who owns one he's very satisfied, the Genesis is part of what got me to start looking but (and it's hard to put into words) it just wasn't as tight...
Old 10-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #81
Tcoat

Quote:
Yeah I have a friend who owns one he's very satisfied, the Genesis is part of what got me to start looking but (and it's hard to put into words) it just wasn't as tight...
I get what you mean. Looking at all the numbers and features the Genesis should have been the winner for my purposes but there was just something missing that the FRS has. Can't really put my finger on what either but there just was.
I have talked with many Genesis owners (they are drawn to my car like flies to road kill) and they have all been very happy with their cars. I have not had one guy say they didn't like it.
If you are cross shopping the two then @Twin4Life may be a good guy to talk to for a comparison.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:48 AM   #82
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Quote:
I get what you mean. Looking at all the numbers and features the Genesis should have been the winner for my purposes but there was just something missing that the FRS has. Can't really put my finger on what either but there just was.
I have talked with many Genesis owners (they are drawn to my car like flies to road kill) and they have all been very happy with their cars. I have not had one guy say they didn't like it.
If you are cross shopping the two then @Twin4Life may be a good guy to talk to for a comparison.
At one point I was, I really just brought it up because I think Hyundai has done a much better job of marketing it than Toyota/Subaru has done with the twins.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #83
Tcoat

Quote:
At one point I was, I really just brought it up because I think Hyundai has done a much better job of marketing it than Toyota/Subaru has done with the twins.
AHHHH Got you!
Don't know about there but in Canada (or at least my part) the marketing for the FRS has been abysmal and the BRZ totally nonexistent.
I have seen 4 FRS commercials in a year. I quit counting the iM commercials I have seen in the last month when it hit 50.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #84
RallybluBrz

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz Rally Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Better late than never!
The way it was written sounded like by the time a car rolls off the line two have already been smashed up. If that was the case we would be in the negative numbers by now. If you meant that they will get wrecked at a faster rate then some other cars then ya they probably will.

How are we supposed to know what body parts you have (and why does it matter anyway)?
Faster rate, for sure. But if they decide to end production for a them, I'm hoping they use compatible parts with anything they may follow the frs/brz with. Hate not finding parts, one of my first cars was a subaru SVX and that was no fun, but then again I didn't know where to start and didn't find time while in high school.

If we think that the make/model will continue for numerous generations of changes and evolution and don't consider the possibility that your car may be last gen produced or the first it the series editions etc then I could see the car dwindling before one realizes it's already made its grand exit. Younger drivers especially, may not appreciate what they have until it's gone and will one day look back and wish they still had theirs.
1 more on the road, 2 pushing daisies was supposed to mean that the dealerships will poss become harder and harder to sell with 1.more used for sale by previous owners due to appealing financially to those with stricter budgets and 2. Faster rate of decline wreck wise etc simultaneously with trouble appealing to a buyer with other makes and models that may be competing atm. (love these cars and so do many many others obviously, but even now, years in, I hardly see them too often. )

*parts don't matter, thought I signed my name in this forum and assumed that it was mistaken for the male spelling which happens alot. Assumed it without checking previous posts and now I see I've only used real name in a different forum in my posts and hadn't been doing that here.
Too many different ways I approach certain forums, posting alternative ways based on the forum and how much I want to put out therefor others to know etc.
Back to topic, I'll be jealous if newer versions have bumper covers in more than one piece or at least give you more functionality. If the frog front grille happened to be detachable, would have saved me so much time last night.
If next gens keep rolling out then please upgrade the efficiency and aspects which I'm sure 20/20 hindsight can enlighten designers down the road lol

NTHEBRZ
Roseville
RallybluBrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RallybluBrz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (10-08-2015)