follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 PM   #85
Philly758

Drives: GMC
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I also bought a used supercharger that I am in the process of installing. I bought it off someone who had a shop install/remove it, which it thought made it better. But I was missing random stuff that the seller was unaware of, like the plug and play harness (his was hard wired and he had no idea), the hood prop (he probably had hood struts and the shop tossed it when it was installed), windshield washer fluid bolt and spacer (FRS vs BRZ), hoses, random L brackets to help hold piping in place, a hose clamp... Yeah it sucks but that's why you went used to save some money, hopefully in the end you will still make out.

I would also recommend sending Brian from Vortech a message on the forums. I sent him a message saying I bought a used supercharger with a ton of questions and didn't expect much of a response since I bought it used. I got very professional and thorough responses in little to no time. He offered to sell me whatever miscellaneous parts I needed direct and gave me pointers on what I needed to source them locally. Mine also dumped fluid everywhere, all you have to do is clean it up, drain the fluid, top it off and worry about it 7,500 miles later.

Anyways, sorry to hear it got banged up in shipping, I didn't have any issues there. But dealing with a used supercharger is more difficult than new. In the end if you end up saving money and that's what's important to you, you made the right choice.

Good luck. Wait until you get to mounting the intercooler...

Last edited by Philly758; 01-24-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Drunk

Closed Thread