follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2024, 10:00 AM   #155
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,133 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracer86 View Post
oh man that stinks to hear. I run Amsoil myself and it's been great off and on the track. Can I ask which one you used MTL or severe gear.

RedLine is good stuff not sure about mixing it with motylgear though kinda defeats the purpose of switching to a GL4 trans oil
MTL was used. Had similar issues last time I ran it, sticky engagement from synchros, especially bad when cold.
Read a while back CSG had a special sauce mix with redline and motul gear 300. I had a bottle of the motyl gear so figured I'd run that. I will say so far shifts much smoother than they have been in a while.

The sticky downshift from 6-5 is gone and high rpm uoshifts from 3-4 are gone. I'll take it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
I parallel park on the street in Baltimore City so it's a whole other level of paranoia. My street is pretty quiet for the area but my car still looks like I rallycross it a LOT.

I'm just committed to a wrap if/when I get off-street parking someday.

- Andrew
I would lose my mind parking on street all the time . I'm paranoid enough at work with people who can't park properly.

Snapped a photo of it this morning sitting pretty. I'm so OCD it needs a minor paint correction to fix body shop woes and scratching from PDR work. Quarter panel and door were re cleared and look good minus way to much texture/orange peel on lower door.

Sidenote.. should I postpone alignment with new trailing arm and MCA coming soonish? MCA says it shouldn't effect alignment but if ride height changes then it in theory will?
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 10:10 AM   #156
autoracer86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
MTL was used. Had similar issues last time I ran it, sticky engagement from synchros, especially bad when cold.
Read a while back CSG had a special sauce mix with redline and motul gear 300. I had a bottle of the motyl gear so figured I'd run that. I will say so far shifts much smoother than they have been in a while.

The sticky downshift from 6-5 is gone and high rpm uoshifts from 3-4 are gone. I'll take it!

I would lose my mind parking on street all the time . I'm paranoid enough at work with people who can't park properly.

Snapped a photo of it this morning sitting pretty. I'm so OCD it needs a minor paint correction to fix body shop woes and scratching from PDR work. Quarter panel and door were re cleared and look good minus way to much texture/orange peel on lower door.

Sidenote.. should I postpone alignment with new trailing arm and MCA coming soonish? MCA says it shouldn't effect alignment but if ride height changes then it in theory will?
Ah that's very interesting. Not sure why we would have such different experiences but good to hear so thanks for updating.

You would have a heart attack owning my car lol. I once scratched the fender tqing my wheels and couldn't care less and the car is covered in paint issues and scratches lol. Yet for some reason I get mad when kids play near it LOL

I won't be getting an alignment done for the same mods but if you have one scheduled and you can wait then might as well. Also the mod is not supposed to change ride height I think only 1 maybe 2 people said it did
autoracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autoracer86 For This Useful Post:
RToyo86 (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 10:57 AM   #157
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,242 Times in 2,963 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
I would wait if you can...unless your current alignment is no good since you've got your fresh new tires on.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 01:27 PM   #158
RToyo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoracer86 View Post
Ah that's very interesting. Not sure why we would have such different experiences but good to hear so thanks for updating.

You would have a heart attack owning my car lol. I once scratched the fender tqing my wheels and couldn't care less and the car is covered in paint issues and scratches lol. Yet for some reason I get mad when kids play near it LOL

I won't be getting an alignment done for the same mods but if you have one scheduled and you can wait then might as well. Also the mod is not supposed to change ride height I think only 1 maybe 2 people said it did
Tried full motyl last fill before I dropped the transmission. I must have temperamental synchros.

Part of the curse being a detailer is that I see everything lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
I would wait if you can...unless your current alignment is no good since you've got your fresh new tires on.

- Andrew
👍
I can wait, alignment was done in the fall and no weird Pulling and the wheel is centered.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
autoracer86 (04-08-2024), Racecomp Engineering (04-08-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 09:02 AM   #159
RToyo86

Got the toe arms, STi trailing arm, and MCA mod installed yesterday, then went to get a string alignment from shop close by that does race car stuff.
Zero'd toe all around, evened front camber at -1.8°, reduced rear camber to -1.5°.
Rear tire just barely poking now which tickled my OCD.

Only drove the car to work so far for impressions but I did notice immediately over familiar bumps that rear suspension is more compliant. There is less jarring rebound and compression on impact that could make the rear end feel like it's skipping over bumps on throttle.

Hit same bumps on throttle and the rear end mostly absorbed. Will need to live with it a bit but immediate impressions are good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
autoracer86 (04-26-2024), KMA KiCKz (04-27-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 09:57 AM   #160
autoracer86

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
That's great to hear ! I need to hurry up and order these
autoracer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to autoracer86 For This Useful Post:
RToyo86 (Yesterday)