follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-18-2022, 01:22 PM   #631
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Yeah some of the A.I. are drivers are just rude. I think the whole starting from last thing is to make it so you have to drive super-aggressive, which is fun and exciting in a nail-biting kinda way, but sometimes I just wish for a grid-start and 10 laps (even if it means giving them more evenly matched cars) just so I could take my time and pass more appropriately.

EDIT: I mean I suppose that's what the multiplayer is for but they go through all the trouble of making a seperate arcade mode and the sim driving all realistic but then kind of an arcadey start to the race in the 'sim' mode. Grid starts and full car damage I think people would be dropping their iRacing subscriptions.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I sort of wish it had a 1 lap qualifying mode like F1 does it. Also, not sure If I'm missing it, but there should be a sort of weather advisory in the menu before the race, you do get a radar while racing, but I think implementing some thing like F1 does would be beneficial where there's a race engineer keeping you updated on race events.

It kind of baffles me how after all these years, GT7 doesn't have a proper car damage system. You hit a curve the wrong way in A.C and there goes your suspension. I hit a bump while entering a high-speed corner and the car literally flew and flipped mid-air. Landed on four tires, kept driving like nothing. Minimal dents too lol.
p1l0t (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 01:24 PM   #632
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The weird part is that the Human Comedy missions have a more realistic rolling start spacing. Not sure why they didn't implement that for the rest of the campaign mode and just let the player tune their car based on if they want more of a challenge or not.
Kaotic Lazagna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 01:30 PM   #633
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I sort of wish it had a 1 lap qualifying mode like F1 does it. Also, not sure If I'm missing it, but there should be a sort of weather advisory in the menu before the race, you do get a radar while racing, but I think implementing some thing like F1 does would be beneficial where there's a race engineer keeping you updated on race events.

It kind of baffles me how after all these years, GT7 doesn't have a proper car damage system. You hit a curve the wrong way in A.C and there goes your suspension. I hit a bump while entering a high-speed corner and the car literally flew and flipped mid-air. Landed on four tires, kept driving like nothing. Minimal dents too lol.
Yeah they always blame it on how close they work with the manufacturers and that they don't want to show their weakness really type of deal but it doesn't have to be model specific just give me a high hood and a DNF if I hit a wall doing 50mph...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (04-19-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 01:35 PM   #634
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
They were trying to find a balance between OG GT fans, and newcomers. A.C. is really more of a hard-core sim racer.

As far as damage, I think they need to get licensing for each manufacturer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-18-2022), spcmafia (04-19-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 04:33 PM   #635
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,185 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Honestly what is the point of the "radar". It should be "zoomed" out more to show incoming weather. All it does now is suddenly show rain overhead, which is already obvious. It's pretty annoying to pull into the pits with a clear radar, only to exit and drive a few turns and be battling rain (looking at you Le Mans...).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WolfpackS2k For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-19-2022), spcmafia (04-19-2022), spike021 (04-18-2022)
Old 04-18-2022, 04:47 PM   #636
Kaotic Lazagna

Yeah, zoom out to what I'm assuming is 31 km view. Unless I see nothing but that light blue/teal color or darker, I stay out on slicks. Works most of the time. Once it went from all teal to all dark blue and flooded the track. Took 8 minutes to get one lap back to the pits at Le Mans.
Old 04-19-2022, 07:22 AM   #637
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Interesting to read about the aggressive AI experiences. I've now finished all of the books and won most of the races within them and haven't had a single aggressive AI experience
Old 04-19-2022, 08:29 AM   #638
spcmafia

Can't seem to be able to finish the last race on the GR.3 series.... I get up to 5th and then for some odd reason, I keep spinning out of control about a half mile before the long straight at the Nurburgring.

I found out that, say, you're in a championship series, and you want to quit for the day and pick up where you left off. Just close the application, no need to exit the championship and start from scratch. The game will tell you next time you login that you're currently on a race series and you'll pick up where you left off.
p1l0t (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 09:22 AM   #639
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Can't seem to be able to finish the last race on the GR.3 series.... I get up to 5th and then for some odd reason, I keep spinning out of control about a half mile before the long straight at the Nurburgring.
hmm... what car you using?
Old 04-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #640
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
hmm... what car you using?
RX-Vision. Car is great, fast and controllable. But the Nurburgring is tricky, the racing line helps, but hitting a spot the wrong way is almost fatal. Im going to just try to get 1st in all 4 previous events and just ride it out at the Ring. I've been continuing the progress on the series since I never exit-out and restarted the whole thing, just shut down the console in frustration lol.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:59 AM   #641
fredzy
Mebmer

Drives: Sienna, GR86, FL5
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Interesting to read about the aggressive AI experiences. I've now finished all of the books and won most of the races within them and haven't had a single aggressive AI experience
I don’t think any of the books had particularly tough races. The only times I had any trouble it was because I was in a vastly less capable car than the average AI. The worst/hardest thing about the AI is how they brake when exiting a turn

Try any of the other events with high chili pepper counts. Clubman cup+ events you can’t mess around in.

I will get some mileage out of this game if they do more events like Sardegna Road 15 lap or the lemans 30 min. Put decent prizes on them to give a little incentive, and events that you can use a lot of different vehicles to do to keep it from becoming a grind. I would love to see similar events for road cars.

I don’t plan to get into online racing again.. but might if it pays well enough.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fredzy For This Useful Post:
StraightOuttaCanadaEh (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 10:07 AM   #642
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
What difficulty rating did you choose?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 10:07 AM   #643
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
I don’t think any of the books had particularly tough races. The only times I had any trouble it was because I was in a vastly less capable car than the average AI. The worst/hardest thing about the AI is how they brake when exiting a turn

Try any of the other events with high chili pepper counts. Clubman cup+ events you can’t mess around in.

I will get some mileage out of this game if they do more events like Sardegna Road 15 lap or the lemans 30 min. Put decent prizes on them to give a little incentive, and events that you can use a lot of different vehicles to do to keep it from becoming a grind. I would love to see similar events for road cars.

I don’t plan to get into online racing again.. but might if it pays well enough.

Ya should come join us on Sat nights. Its a chill time and lots of fun. Especially if you spin @Kaotic_Lazagna.
fredzy (04-19-2022), ichitaka05 (04-19-2022), Kaotic Lazagna (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 10:11 AM   #644
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
RX-Vision. Car is great, fast and controllable. But the Nurburgring is tricky, the racing line helps, but hitting a spot the wrong way is almost fatal. Im going to just try to get 1st in all 4 previous events and just ride it out at the Ring. I've been continuing the progress on the series since I never exit-out and restarted the whole thing, just shut down the console in frustration lol.
Raise the car a tad bit, soften the spring rates, and decrease the dampening. Then retune the sway bars to suite your driving style. The rumble strips are unforgiving at the Ring.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (04-19-2022), spike021 (04-19-2022), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (04-19-2022)

Tags
gran turismo, gran turismo 7